Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan De Goey: Collingwood star opened up about his struggles as footy team addresses Bali nightclub video​

Collingwood bad boy Jordan De Goey has opened up on Instagram after footage emerged of him partying with a popular Aussie blonde at a Seminyak night spot.

Scott Gullan, Alice Coster and Nick Smart

5 min read
June 18, 2022 - 5:16PM

News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

00:37
Jordan De Goey's Bali nightclub antics
AFL: Jordan De Goey headed to Bali during Collingwood's mid-season break, enjoying himself at the popular holiday destination.

Jordan De Goey has opened up about his struggles following another alcohol-fuelled overseas bender.

The Collingwood star, who last year was arrested in New York after a bar fight, was featured in a video making crude gestures and attempting to grab a woman’s breast inside a Bali nightclub this week.

De Goey released a statement on Instagram on Saturday afternoon thanking his friends and family for supporting him as the fall-out from his Bali bender continued.

“I want to take the opportunity to thank my family, friends and supporters who have checked in or sent messages of support in the past 24 hours,” he posted.
In an attempt to turn the narrative away from his tequila swilling nightclub antics, De Goey posted a plea for support on Instagram.

“I want to openly address the relentless pursuit and persecution of athletes by the media to create an uneducated, bias and ill-informed narrative that has gone too far.
“I am one of the lucky ones with amazing support, however not all athletes are so lucky.
“This will end in tragedy if no one speaks up. It’s time for change. #enoughisenough”

Collingwood was unaware De Goey was going to make a statement given they are remaining tight-lipped until he returns home on Sunday.

The Pies are planning to meet with him on Monday before making a statement. At this stage the AFL is leaving it to Collingwood to handle the matter.

The woman at the centre of the Jordan De Goey Bali video has spoken out.
De Goey has told friends he has been cleared of any wrongdoing after his Bali bender.

The Collingwood star was lying low on the Indonesian party island on Saturday as the fall-out from his latest alcohol-fuelled nightclub incident continued back home.

“He says he’s been given the all clear by the AFL and Collingwood, everything’s all fine,” one associate said.

De Goey was filmed partying with an Aussie blonde and a friend at Motel Mexicola in Seminyak, dancing and downing alcoholic throwbacks.
The video, which also showed the Pies star attempting to expose the woman’s breast, has since been deleted.

Collingwood released a short statement saying they were aware of the video and weren’t “in a position” to comment yet.
The AFL is closely monitoring the situation.

On Saturday, Remy Jackson, one of the women who featured in the video, posted to Instagram a message of support to De Goey.

“Hey everyone, I can’t believe the backlash towards Jordy & Myself over here in Bali … nothing to see here”, the 25-year-old, who has over 15,000 followers, posted.

Remy Jackson posted this on her Instagram story.

Remy Jackson pictured in Bali. Picture: Instagram

De Goey is expected to fly back to Melbourne on Sunday with the Pies resuming training after their mid-season break on Monday.

The latest controversy follows his off-season incident in New York where he was arrested by police.

Collingwood has surged on field with four consecutive victories, with De Goey playing a leading role.

But now his off-field antics have, again, muddied the waters for the off-contract star.

The latest controversy follows his off-season incident in New York where he was arrested by police.

“Tequila swilling? Alcohol fuelled overseas bender?”

Whatever imbecile wrote this should be put in stocks and pelted with rotten fruit.

Last edited:
Would love to see De Goey go on AFL 360 and fronting Robbo about his comments about being the dumbest footballer ever. Know it won’t happen as these media blokes are keyboard warriors and backtrack when face to face. Until we actually see footage from a different angle that it was De Goey’s arm in the video, then we must assume he is innocent until proven guilty. I don’t care how many people have done forensic analysis of his tattoos. There have been no complaints made about him from someone that has accused him of any wrong doing and all he has done was have a good time just like everyone else in the club. Whilst on leave also. Shame on the media for digging up footage to make it more than it was and making the public think he was up to no good

“Tequila swilling? Alcohol fuelled overseas bender?”

Whatever imbecile wrote this should be put in stocks and pelted with rotten fruit.

I honestly have no sympathy if the journos start becoming targeted out there and start to experience real fear…
Maybe a shit thing to say but soon enough this is where it will be going…they will be the ones petrified to step out of their own homes much like what they’re doing to others

Perhaps these “journalists” should be closely monitored, commented on, and held to a similar ‘account’ that they do footy players.

Don’t subscribe to HS, but am Assuming they’ve just attributed ‘staff writer’ to avoid any and all accountability?

Edit: just saw that there were names in the post - Scott Gullan, Alice Costerand Nick Smart

It took three of them to write that?

Guaranteed the lowlifes are prowling BigFooty looking for more muck to rake. If so, EAD you insignificant parasites. I bet you introduce yourself as a ‘journalist’ when you meet people and they s****** behind your back.

Last edited:
I honestly have no sympathy if the journos start becoming targeted out there and start to experience real fear…
Maybe a s**t thing to say but soon enough this is where it will be going…they will be the ones petrified to step out of their own homes much like what they’re doing to others
HS is tame by comparison to English tabloid papers.

Would love to see De Goey go on AFL 360 and fronting Robbo about his comments about being the dumbest footballer ever. Know it won’t happen as these media blokes are keyboard warriors and backtrack when face to face. Until we actually see footage from a different angle that it was De Goey’s arm in the video, then we must assume he is innocent until proven guilty. I don’t care how many people have done forensic analysis of his tattoos. There have been no complaints made about him from someone that has accused him of any wrong doing and all he has done was have a good time just like everyone else in the club. Whilst on leave also. Shame on the media for digging up footage to make it more than it was and making the public think he was up to no good

The media didn’t dig up the footage, De Goeys mates posted it on social media. De Goey is dumb as dog turd and needs to be traded end of season. He’s a w***er and should know better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps these “journalists” should be closely monitored, commented on, and held to a similar ‘account’ that they do footy players.

Don’t subscribe to HS, but am Assuming they’ve just attributed ‘staff writer’ to avoid any and all accountability?
Wrong mate they got three “reporters” to write that 💩

The media didn’t dig up the footage, De Goeys mates posted it on social media. De Goey is dumb as dog turd and needs to be traded end of season. He’s a w***er and should know better.

Settle down Karen.

I actually can understand the over-reaction, it isn't like he is a clean skin or a teen-ager without life experience.

He is 26 and has been blessed with footy skills that pays him well enough to afford a quick trip to Bali, good on him but after many episodes of poor behaviour, I can understand some peoples reaction.
Didak and H Shaw used to regularly get into trouble, to the point of lying to the club to cover up their actions. But there was something almost comical about that pair of miscreants. They came across like a couple of kids sheepishly owning up to doing the wrong thing. There was the incident where Didak was the back seat passenger in a coupe driven by a criminal who fired a gun in the air as they drove through an industrial estate. I had a mental picture of Didak like an excited child in the rear sitting forward and hanging off the bucket seats to feel more involved in the action.

There is nothing particularly comical about De Goey, no obvious softer side to his character that invites the benefit of the doubt or sympathy when his activities are given a public airing. In this latest video, his sexual gestures to the camera seem rather crass. If I had a daughter and she had to date one of the 3 men, De Goey would be the last of the trio with whom I would be willing to see her involved. He gives the impression of someone who parties hard and would take no prisoners if conflict should arise. I get the feeling that the discipline required of an AFL footballer keeps his behaviour and personality in check, but we now have 2 videos that imply that when released from the restrictions his job requires of him, there may be few barriers to what he might do to ensure he has a thoroughly good time.

This very superficial perception may be totally unfair, but I think he is always going to be the victim of his self-generated publicity. He is the type of person who is going to be considered guilty until proven innocent. I am sure there is another side to his character of which the general public are unaware. Dustin Martin, Buddy Franklin and Dane Swan are also football types who give/gave the impression they would make more of their recreational opportunities than your average footballer, but other than Swan in his early years, the three men have attracted very little attention for their extra-curricula activities.

So I too can understand the overreaction though it is also fairly obvious that on this occasion he has done nothing worthy of censure or punishment. For Jordan to alter the perception many seem to have of him, he needs to be caught out far more often doing the right thing, as well as minimise the negative publicity he brings upon himself. I am not saying he is a bad guy, rather that he does not make the most of opportunities to present a positive picture of himself to those who only know him for his football.

Jordan De Goey: Collingwood star opened up about his struggles as footy team addresses Bali nightclub video​

Collingwood bad boy Jordan De Goey has opened up on Instagram after footage emerged of him partying with a popular Aussie blonde at a Seminyak night spot.

5 min read

AFL: Jordan De Goey headed to Bali during Collingwood's mid-season break, enjoying himself at the popular holiday destination.

Jordan De Goey has opened up about his struggles following another alcohol-fuelled overseas bender.

The Collingwood star, who last year was arrested in New York after a bar fight, was featured in a video making crude gestures and attempting to grab a woman’s breast inside a Bali nightclub this week.

De Goey released a statement on Instagram on Saturday afternoon thanking his friends and family for supporting him as the fall-out from his Bali bender continued.

“I want to take the opportunity to thank my family, friends and supporters who have checked in or sent messages of support in the past 24 hours,” he posted.
In an attempt to turn the narrative away from his tequila swilling nightclub antics, De Goey posted a plea for support on Instagram.

“I want to openly address the relentless pursuit and persecution of athletes by the media to create an uneducated, bias and ill-informed narrative that has gone too far.
“I am one of the lucky ones with amazing support, however not all athletes are so lucky.
“This will end in tragedy if no one speaks up. It’s time for change. #enoughisenough”

Collingwood was unaware De Goey was going to make a statement given they are remaining tight-lipped until he returns home on Sunday.

The Pies are planning to meet with him on Monday before making a statement. At this stage the AFL is leaving it to Collingwood to handle the matter.

De Goey has told friends he has been cleared of any wrongdoing after his Bali bender.

The Collingwood star was lying low on the Indonesian party island on Saturday as the fall-out from his latest alcohol-fuelled nightclub incident continued back home.

“He says he’s been given the all clear by the AFL and Collingwood, everything’s all fine,” one associate said.

De Goey was filmed partying with an Aussie blonde and a friend at Motel Mexicola in Seminyak, dancing and downing alcoholic throwbacks.
The video, which also showed the Pies star attempting to expose the woman’s breast, has since been deleted.

Collingwood released a short statement saying they were aware of the video and weren’t “in a position” to comment yet.

On Saturday, Remy Jackson, one of the women who featured in the video, posted to Instagram a message of support to De Goey.

“Hey everyone, I can’t believe the backlash towards Jordy & Myself over here in Bali … nothing to see here”, the 25-year-old, who has over 15,000 followers, posted.

De Goey is expected to fly back to Melbourne on Sunday with the Pies resuming training after their mid-season break on Monday.

Collingwood has surged on field with four consecutive victories, with De Goey playing a leading role.

But now his off-field antics have, again, muddied the waters for the off-contract star.

How do they know it was tequilla? WTFFFFFFF.

Yeah his mates may have uploaded it to social media, but would you have been aware of its content if the media hadn’t made a story on it ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Just, wow. Way to double down on the bullshit you created Newscorp…
Appalling, isn’t it?

”… fallout from his Bali bender …”
” In an attempt to turn the narrative away from his tequila swilling nightclub antics …”
” … lying low on the Indonesian party island on Saturday as the fall-out from his latest alcohol-fuelled nightclub incident continued back home…”

Echoes of the bullshit emanating from SMH last weekend when they got flamed (rightly so) for outing Rebel Wilson. Disgraceful media we have in this country at times.

Didak and H Shaw used to regularly get into trouble, to the point of lying to the club to cover up their actions. But there was something almost comical about that pair of miscreants. They came across like a couple of kids sheepishly owning up to doing the wrong thing. There was the incident where Didak was the back seat passenger in a coupe driven by a criminal who fired a gun in the air as they drove through an industrial estate. I had a mental picture of Didak like an excited child in the rear sitting forward and hanging off the bucket seats to feel more involved in the action.

There is nothing particularly comical about De Goey, no obvious softer side to his character that invites the benefit of the doubt or sympathy when his activities are given a public airing. In this latest video, his sexual gestures to the camera seem rather crass. If I had a daughter and she had to date one of the 3 men, De Goey would be the last of the trio with whom I would be willing to see her involved. He gives the impression of someone who parties hard and would take no prisoners if conflict should arise. I get the feeling that the discipline required of an AFL footballer keeps his behaviour and personality in check, but we now have 2 videos that imply that when released from the restrictions his job requires of him, there may be few barriers to what he might do to ensure he has a thoroughly good time.

This very superficial perception may be totally unfair, but I think he is always going to be the victim of his self-generated publicity. He is the type of person who is going to be considered guilty until proven innocent. I am sure there is another side to his character of which the general public are unaware. Dustin Martin, Buddy Franklin and Dane Swan are also football types who give/gave the impression they would make more of their recreational opportunities than your average footballer, but other than Swan in his early years, the three men have attracted very little attention for their extra-curricula activities.

So I too can understand the overreaction though it is also fairly obvious that on this occasion he has done nothing worthy of censure or punishment. For Jordan to alter the perception many seem to have of him, he needs to be caught out far more often doing the right thing, as well as minimise the negative publicity he brings upon himself. I am not saying he is a bad guy, rather that he does not make the most of opportunities to present a positive picture of himself to those who only know him for his football.

If you had a daughter, she'd have to be cute or de goey wouldnt be going near her..... so you're probably pretty safe there. Unless, of course, you've maintain close contacts with plastic surgeons...

If you had a daughter, she'd have to be cute or de goey wouldnt be going near her..... so you're probably pretty safe there. Unless, of course, you've maintain close contacts with plastic surgeons...
Looking at the photo, she is certainly a couple of classes above any daughter I could have produced!

The HS is nothing but a tawdry rag that has no regard for the welfare of a person who is trying to have a holiday. I just wish someone would start following these trash merchants and put videos of them in their downtime out for public scrutiny. They are human garbage in my eyes.

Now he's making statements without consulting the club first. This just gets better. It appears JDG is dumber than the people who are trying to justify what he did. This is good, by the end of the year we should be able to sign him for 550k or hope someone is stupid enough to offer him more

5 min read

Gotta stop giving these absolute campaigners the time of day, they are the scum of the earth, down there with car sales people, dodgy mechanics, parking officers and lawyers.

The HS is nothing but a tawdry rag that has no regard for the welfare of a person who is trying to have a holiday. I just wish someone would start following these trash merchants and put videos of them in their downtime out for public scrutiny. They are human garbage in my eyes.

i've got some crossing-dressing pics of ralph but i cant get a buyer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back