Feb 7, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Good News!:thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25135627-19742,00.html

HERALDSUN.com.au

JOSEPH Gutnick is poised to return to Melbourne's inner sanctum after eight years in exile.
Demons president Jim Stynes has turned peace-maker, luring Gutnick back as a key member of a new match-day group.
Stynes has also extended the olive branch to Paul Gardner, who has also accepted an offer to join the Demons' President's Club.
Gutnick, who sank $2.4 million into the club in his time as president, departed after a bitter mid-season boardroom battle in 2001.
He failed to win re-election at the end of that season and has knocked back several invitations to return regularly.
But Gutnick was always a fan of Stynes as a player and has agreed to join forces with the former ruckman to help the struggling club.
There is a strong chance Gutnick and the man Stynes replaced, Gardner, will return at the President's Club function at Melbourne's Round 1 clash against North Melbourne at the MCG on Sunday, March 29.
"If they are in the country or state, it is a big possibility. Definitely," Stynes said yesterday. "After meeting with both, they are both happy to help the club."
The President's Club will be launched tonight, with a more casual atmosphere replacing the traditional sit-down match-day function.
Stynes indicated it was more complicated to get Gutnick back on board.
"Obviously for Joseph, probably a lot more water has gone under the bridge -- a lot of things have happened that I wasn't around for and I wouldn't particularly understand," Stynes said.
"With Paul, it is a lot easier. I understand.
"We've got a good working relationship now. We sat down recently and had a good chat. It was really positive."
Gardner stepped aside in June before Stynes swept to power in a bloodless coup.
Stynes has invited all past presidents back to the fold, urging them to put personal issues aside.
"If you grow up barracking for Melbourne and you've barracked for Melbourne all your life, you can't just go and find a new team," Stynes said.
"If you have a falling out with someone personally, it is important that it is not taken as a falling out with the club.
"We can't let personal agendas and personalities get in the way of letting people support the club they have fallen in love with."
The club will feature sit-down and stand-up options, with smart casual dress.
It will also have a creche, with guests offered the chance of leaving their children to be cared for in an adjoining room.
"One of the focuses of the new board was to make it an inclusive club rather than have too much exclusivity," Stynes said. "We didn't think the old-fashioned chairman's lunch was reflective of the membership base.
"We wanted to drop down the stuffiness of it and make it accessible to everyone."

shuli_rand_and_rav_shalom_arush.jpg

SHALOM!!!!!:thumbsu:

Not sure about this.

If anyone celebrates should he inject $$$ into the club, please don't ever, ever, EVER attack Carlton about Pratt again, because we'd be doing the exact same thing, right down to the dodgy business deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what is this based on?

I think you may of forgotten that he did save the Melbourne Football Club

I have to be careful what I say as he has sued people for discussing his links to <edited for self preservation> and <edited for self preservation> practices.

So I'll take the easy option and state its because he financially supports Benjamin Netanyahu and the Likud party.

I have to be careful what I say as he has sued people for discussing his links to <edited for self preservation> and <edited for self preservation> practices.

So I'll take the easy option and state its because he financially supports Benjamin Netanyahu and the Likud party.
Couldn't give a shit about what he does. He is a supporter of the Melbourne footy club, as are we all, and i pity anyone who cares enough about the political side of this announcement for it to interfere with their support of the club.

Couldn't give a shit about what he does. He is a supporter of the Melbourne footy club, as are we all, and i pity anyone who cares enough about the political side of this announcement for it to interfere with their support of the club.

I wish I could be that ignorant and shallow. I appreciate you pitying me for taking an ethical stand.

Maybe we should balance the ledger by getting Hamas as our front of shirt sponsor and Fatah on the back?

I don't support his politics either but I'm a greedy crunt who would gladly trade all of world peace for a Melbourne flag.

Think of it like this KP, the more he donates to the MFC the less he has to donate to other ventures. :thumbsu:

Poor form Karl. To not renew your membership...

His business and personal life is exactly that, HIS. I support him, because he supports the club I love. End of Story. You are ignorant Karl, to think that your lack of renewel is going to have ANY impact on Gutnick himself. You are not hurting Gutnick, you are hurting the MFC. Gutnick is not the MFC, he is a supporter like the rest of us.

Im not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Israeli politics but from what I gather Joesph's interests conflict with yours re supporting Benjamin Netanyahu and the center-right Lijud party? That's fair enough.

Nonetheless, the man has only been welcomed back to the footy club. He is not president nor is he on the board. His purely supporting the footy club he loves.

I think its good that Jimmy lobbyed for him to come back to the club ableit in a small capacity after much water has gone under the bridge, but at the moment the footy club needs all the support it needs.

Rather than having a dysfunctional influential supporter base we should have one that works in unison and dosn't give up on the footy club regardless of personal opinion; Im sorry to say 'Karl Pilkington' but that's what you have done.

As Jimmy said, the club is bigger than the individual.

Poor form Karl. To not renew your membership...

His business and personal life is exactly that, HIS. I support him, because he supports the club I love. End of Story. You are ignorant Karl, to think that your lack of renewel is going to have ANY impact on Gutnick himself. You are not hurting Gutnick, you are hurting the MFC. Gutnick is not the MFC, he is a supporter like the rest of us.

It isn't really just his business though when it results in teh deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and a displacement of native people.

My politics are more important to me than my football.

It isn't really just his business though when it results in teh deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and a displacement of native people.

My politics are more important to me than my football.

That's fair enough if its important to you, I applaude you because I think more people have to be concerned and interested in politics.

But Joseph is a Melbourne supporter, he shares the same interests as you do in the football club and wants us to succeed.

I too probably share conflicting opinions on a wide range of topics with Melbourne supporters but it doesn't stop me for supporting the club I love.

Can I ask, did Joesph have any direct involvement with the deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back