guggu

Debutant
May 31, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Hi,
Every time I look on the injury list Josh is on there with an estimated Round x to come back. When round X approaches the estimated return is extended.
What is the real situation with Josh.
Cheers

guggu said:
Hi,
Every time I look on the injury list Josh is on there with an estimated Round x to come back. When round X approaches the estimated return is extended.
What is the real situation with Josh.
Cheers
Josh returned from injury with North Adelaide in the SANFL,then got injured again. I beleive that he's due back after the State Game this weekend. He'll need at LEAST a few games there before he's ready for AFL, but that doesn't mean Choco won't pick him.

I imagine Josh will get at least one game more as a send off. I'm sure this is his last year on his contract. Given his less then stellar form last year and the fact this year it's been a procession of tissue/groin area injuries giving him another contract - even one year - would be madness.

It's a pity our equal best midfielder during our time in the AFL (I can't split him and Roger James) will finish his career with two seasons out, one up and down and the last barely able to get on the park, but I'll certainly still appreciate all he's done for the club. Unless he wants to play on next year, then I'll be disappointed in him if the club lets him.

Remember when we used to Showdowns and Josh used to win the Showdown medals......? Sigh!
A great player once and towards the end of last year it began to look as if he was regaining fitness and form. But is was just fate teasing him and us. His time is up.

I heard will good authority (at the NAFC vs Norwood match) that Josh intends to play on in 2007 with the Roosters. Shame that such a talented player has been so affected by injury in recent times:( He deserves some sort of testimonial match......the season is gone for PAP so it won't make too much difference

Considering the number of players who could be cut or retire at the end of the year :

Wangas
Kingsley
Wilson ?
Bishop - from every game to out in typical Choco fashion.
Wakelin ?

and probably a few at the bottom end of the list - it might worthwhile keeping a spot for Francou. Doesn't mean he should play if unfit or out of form.

Unfortunately it will be very hard to trade players for picks this year as everyone wants picks for the SUperdraft. We really missed the opportunity of trading Thurstans, Dew and a few others last year. I'm not sure we would get anything for these players now.

mick55 said:
I heard will good authority (at the NAFC vs Norwood match) that Josh intends to play on in 2007 with the Roosters. Shame that such a talented player has been so affected by injury in recent times:( He deserves some sort of testimonial match......the season is gone for PAP so it won't make too much difference

Which 70+ point drubbing do you suggest we choose to honour him?

mick55 said:
Nothing like optimism:confused:

Nothing like a healthy reality check.

Like I said another time, I guess I'm just not a glass half full kinda guy ...

Josh Francou wont play another game for port. There is absolutely no use for him in the long term, i dont think chocco is stupid enough to stick with him but whoknows at the moment.

Everytime I look at the injury list and see Francou's name there I smile. :)

As much as I say that though it would be good for him to have a send off game, that way at least I need not worry that he will be selected again.

No need to use the power of the voodoo just yet. :D

blackdiamond said:

As much as I say that though it would be good for him to have a send off game, that way at least I need not worry that he will be selected again.

Just what did your partner bring back from New Orleans????? Does it involve chicken bones??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tredders66 said:
Josh Francou wont play another game for port. There is absolutely no use for him in the long term, i dont think chocco is stupid enough to stick with him but whoknows at the moment.
I'd go out my way to make sure I was at a farewell game for Josh. He was a terrific player for us at his peak and clearly had a healthy dislike for the carrion feeding birds from West Lakes car park. It's such a shame he couldn't play in a Grand Final.

blackdiamond said:

Scott, step away from the voodoo doll NOW:mad:

You had your time with Matty, now please leave Josh alone.

Sandola said:
Just what did your partner bring back from New Orleans????? Does it involve chicken bones??????

No chicken bones but I did get some beads from the most recent Mardi Gras.

When this season comes to a close and we have finalised our list for 2007 I will have a good hard look at what I believe shouldn't remain.

I will be in New Orleans come November so from there I will visit the French Quarter, shop for all things voodoo and then create some magic on my return in January.

bring it on said:
Scott, step away from the voodoo doll NOW:mad:

You had your time with Matty, now please leave Josh alone.

You don't need to worry because its basically impossible to work any voodoo on Josh.

I need at least a thread of his hair - not even advanced hair could help him with that one so I have no chance.

portentous said:
I'd like to think that the club will give the retiring guys a decent send off this season, preferably at our last home match for the minor round, and thus the season.

Round 21 Sun 27 Aug - 1:10 PM Port Adelaide V Adelaide AAMI Stadium

You can pencil that game down for a win.

Sandola said:
He doesn't need any imported witchcraft, blackdiamond has access to an even more powerful curse caster here in Adelaide.

Mr Magoo said:

You think so??? :confused: With the way our team is playing, it will be another embarrasing showdown to watch.

Come on, we couldnt even get a win over the Roo's to celebrate Wanga's 300th AFL game.

I wont be pencilling this in as a win. Not as confident as you.

FWIW, I don't think Josh should play again unless he has well and truly earned his place (I know, I know - there are a few in the side at the moment who haven't done that). Josh could still receive a fitting farewell from Port fans before the game - perhaps taken around the boundary in a car like they seem to do nowadays. I wouldn't want to see him play - and perform poorly - just for the sake of it.

Mr Magoo said:

Next time you go to the bar can you bring me back some of whatever you're having? Make mine a double. I'll shout.

bring it on said:
You think so??? :confused: With the way our team is playing, it will be another embarrasing showdown to watch.

Come on, we couldnt even get a win over the Roo's to celebrate Wanga's 300th AFL game.

I wont be pencilling this in as a win. Not as confident as you.

:confused:

I never said which team that you can pencil that in for a win ;) as that way i can cover all bases. Who knows by round 21 our team might be playing very exciting football, but then again i had a dream that i won x-lotto last night :p

Mr Magoo said:
:confused:

I never said which team that you can pencil that in for a win ;) as that way i can cover all bases. Who knows by round 21 our team might be playing very exciting football, but then again i had a dream that i won x-lotto last night :p

:D no probs. just clarifying who you think will win. we certainly won't :mad:

was meant to be a post by Bring it on. forgot to log out Troy before posting this :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Francou

Remove this Banner Ad

Back