Past Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 5. Josh Kennedy

From what I understand, he stands at 195cm, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Just did some checking, the Carlton website players section hasn't been updated since 2005, so, he probably has grown 3 or 4cm since then.
Yeah, I'd heard he was 195cm at draft camp, but had grown 3cm since then and the end of his first year with the Blues.....could be wrong though.:thumbsu:

Yeah, I'd heard he was 195cm at draft camp, but had grown 3cm since then and the end of his first year with the Blues.....could be wrong though.:thumbsu:

Yeah, that's the height I knew him to be standing, but like I said, the profile on the Carlton website hasn't been updated since 2005, so I would imagine, he'd be around 198cm now, still not really tall enough to be a ruckman, because he doesn't have a prodigious leap.

Maybe play him at FF on Sunday and see what happens.

Yeah, that's the height I knew him to be standing, but like I said, the profile on the Carlton website hasn't been updated since 2005, so I would imagine, he'd be around 198cm now, still not really tall enough to be a ruckman, because he doesn't have a prodigious leap.

Maybe play him at FF on Sunday and see what happens.
Its more about technique than massive leap......timing and body position, and its only 1cm shorter than Setanta.
I agree though, would like to see him get at least some time in the goal square.

He play ruck as a junior, and while I don't think we should use him there a lot, if he can do some of the work with either Setanta or Cloke / ? Aisake next year then Cain will get to play lots of footy against the guy who replaced him at the Saints - Gardiner, when they play Casey........assuming gardiner is fit (as if he wouldn't be :D)

Its more about technique than massive leap......timing and body position, and its only 1cm shorter than Setanta.
I agree though, would like to see him get at least some time in the goal square.

He play ruck as a junior, and while I don't think we should use him there a lot, if he can do some of the work with either Setanta or Cloke / ? Aisake next year then Cain will get to play lots of footy against the guy who replaced him at the Saints - Gardiner, when they play Casey........assuming gardiner is fit (as if he wouldn't be :D)

Yeah, but if you can leap, like Setanta or Jeff White, you don't need to be 200cm tall, I also don't think that Josh is suited to the ruck, even though he may have played some junior football there. If we've got Cloke fit next season, and Aisake has cemented a spot in the team, then we can play Setanta in defence, and JK in the forward line, and they wont need to do any ruck work, which is better for the Carlton Football Club, and then like you say, Cain Ackland can enjoy life in the VFL for the Ants, but I wouldn't bank on him playing against Gardiner :p

jk really needs to be settled deep in the forward line and told not to venture and just keep presenting to force the midfielders to make the pass.

Thought JK was reasonable today... though I was pissed off that I didn't get to see him at full forward for 4 quarters with Fev out. Maybe that's just a silly pipe-dream.

Thought JK was reasonable today... though I was pissed off that I didn't get to see him at full forward for 4 quarters with Fev out. Maybe that's just a silly pipe-dream.

Yep I agree, 13 minutes of game time in the first half, comes on the second and makes an impact, kicks 2 goals takes 6 marks and provides a target, chaese hard, ran down 2 players.

Yep I agree, 13 minutes of game time in the first half, comes on the second and makes an impact, kicks 2 goals takes 6 marks and provides a target, chaese hard, ran down 2 players.
Really?
I had him down for 9 minutes in the first Q and 12 in the second...........not that I was watching.;)

The fact is even playing 9, 12, 19, and 32 minutes, he RAN OUT OF STEAM in the fourth Q, and after contesting at CHB (where the Dees kicked a goal) he was so stuffed he only made it back to the Members wing........where he contested the ball that came out and did quite well.

The FACT is (sorry to wreck a nice little "story") that he CAN"T run out all 4 quarters, and what he did he did quite well.
Maybe there is something to the fact that he has had 2 interrupted pre-seasons........:cool:

I love this kid he's gonna be great just give him time.

Wish i'd have joined BF earlier to try and get him as my buddy.

Was probably his best or second best game on the weekend (behind the Collingwood game last year). Was the quickest he moved and was able to find a bit of the ball. Unfortunately he is being played out of position coz we have no rucks. He will tie up the centre half position over the next two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back