Judd DID sledge WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

and i bet he didnt think of a response for the sledge beforehand....he was always a very sharp bloke, was juddy

yep very interesting guy juddy, have had a chance to talk with him a couple of times when he use to play for us .. he comes across as a person who considers football a job, nothing more, nothing less, but definitely an interesting guy to talk to (if it's not about football) .. also good sledge.

agree with TOA though, there's probably heaps more funnier ones said on the footy field, but because of the whole Judd / Carlton / Eagles thing .. it probably got more media spotligt.

and.....?

The way he is playin at the moment, might be more accurate to say WC carried Judd, me thinks ...

Yeh your results this year really would indicate that. Still in denial i see. :rolleyes:

Have you actually been watching Carlton lately - we're more than happy with what he's producing especially given he has SFA pre-season. ;)

some of those cricket sledges are incredible:D

My favourite I have heard of (that is not a Shane Warne one that is too filthy to post):

D Lillee beat the bat of Viv Richards a few times. Doing his usual pouting, and frustration act. He steamed down the pitch and said something like:

"The ball is red, shiny and has white stitching"

Next ball Richards clobbers for a gigantic six. Viv:

"You know what it looks like, now go and fetch it."

Honestly, I think the Judd one is probably better than all the cricket one's listed. The fact that it was - a) an incredibly quick response, b) too good for any comeback, c) true to an extent and most significantly d) Judd sledging the team he captained in the previous year - does it for me.

Honestly, I think the Judd one is probably better than all the cricket one's listed. The fact that it was - a) an incredibly quick response, b) too good for any comeback, c) true to an extent and most significantly d) Judd sledging the team he captained in the previous year - does it for me.

I'm an eagles supporter. I dislike that judd left us but damn... respect where respect is due, that is an unbeatable sledge.

Shane Warne - Darryl I've been waiting years for the chance to embarass you again.
Darryl Cullinan - Really, it looks like most of the time you spent eating.

Glenn McGrath - What does Brian Lara's ____ taste like?
Ramanesh Sarwan - I don't know ask your wife
Glenn McGrath - You mention my f*cking wife again and i'll rip your f*cking throat out!
Or the one to Ian Botham, not sure which Aussie it was though.

Aussie: How's your wife and my kids?
Botham: The wife's fine. Kids are ******ed though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These have been done to death but here are some of the cricket sledges going around. And don't forget, cricketers do a lot of standing around waiting for things to happen and hence can "talk" more.

Shane Warne - Darryl I've been waiting years for the chance to embarass you again.
Darryl Cullinan - Really, it looks like most of the time you spent eating.

Glenn McGrath - What does Brian Lara's ____ taste like?
Ramanesh Sarwan - I don't know ask your wife
Glenn McGrath - You mention my f*cking wife again and i'll rip your f*cking throat out!

Mervyn Hughes to Gooch after playing and missing at a number of consecutive deliveries: I'll get you a piano instead to see if you can play that.

Inzaman Ul-Haq to Brett Lee - Stop bowling off-spinners.

Rod Marsh to Ian Botham - So how's your wife and my kids?

Mark Waugh - Mate what the f*ck are you doing out here, surely you're not good enough to play for England!
James Ormond - At least I'm the best cricketer in my family.

Ian Healy trying to convince Ranatunga to leave his crease - Put a mars bar on a good length, that should do it!

Mark Waugh - I remember you from a couple of years ago in Australia, you were sh*t then and you're f*cking useless now.
Adam Parore - Yeah, that's me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly sl*t & now I hear you've married her. You dumb c*nt".

Merv Hughes used to have a problem with staring at Viv Richards after he bowled.
Vivian Richards - This is my island, my culture. In my culture we don't stare we just go back and bowl.
After Dismissal Merv Hughes - In my culture we just say f*ck off!

Ian Botham - It weighs about 5 ounces, it's red, shiny, round and you're supposed to hit it!
Viv hits it for 6 and says - You know what it looks like, you go find it!

Ian Healy
Picked up by the Channel Nine microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one dayer in Sydney... "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c**t!!!"

Healy to Ranatunga: "Why are you so fat?"
Ranatunga in Reply: : "Because everytime i f**k your mum she gives me a cookie"

Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne
As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been
waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

Robin Smith & Merv Hughes
During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed: "You can't f**king bat".
Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary: "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't f**king bat & you can't f**king bowl."

Merv Hughes & Javed Miandad
During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor.
A few balls latter Merv dismissed Javed: "Tickets please", Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman.

Poor Benny. His shoulders would be even worse because he was carrying the team more than the glorified coin tosser in Judd.

Cousins>>>>>Judd
1 was born a leader and champion the other was just born a champion.

Cousins was born a leader? I'd suggest Cousins was born a self indulgent little twat that was very good at football would be closer to the mark. Some very sour grapes in here from the Toasters.

It was a great comeback. It had an element of the truth to it. Now get over it and move on.

Some other all time favourites from cricket:
Rod Marsh to Ian Botham "How's your wife and my kids?"
Beefy's reply "Wife's fine, kids are ******ed."

Ian Healey to an umpire re a runner for Ranatunga "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit fat c_nt."

They've probably already been posted but they are gold.

Next time we should say;

"Make him change direction he's got a f-----ed groin!!!"

And then wait for the reply:D:p

"Yep, I f-----ed your girlfriend for the past 6 years!!....um no...that will get me in trouble .......I mean....I hurt it bending your club over with my trade.....um......no thats no good.

OK......its rooted cos I got a hot gilrfriend!!!!!:thumbsu::eek:!!!!"

Cousins was born a leader? I'd suggest Cousins was born a self indulgent little twat that was very good at football would be closer to the mark. Some very sour grapes in here from the Toasters.

It was a great comeback. It had an element of the truth to it. Now get over it and move on.

Some other all time favourites from cricket:
Rod Marsh to Ian Botham "How's your wife and my kids?"
Beefy's reply "Wife's fine, kids are ******ed."

Ian Healey to an umpire re a runner for Ranatunga "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit fat c_nt."

They've probably already been posted but they are gold.

Wasn't another Ranatunga sledge something like;

"Someone just put a Mars bar just short of a lenth, that'll distract him!!!"

Absolute classic.

Hard to beleive that he was quick enough to come out with something that funny, but there you go.

Evidently Judd got into a lot of the Collingwood players about half way through the third quarter on Sunday and he reckons the Collingwood players heads just dropped and it was a big factor in contributing to Carlton kicking 12 of the last 14 goals for the game.

Judd is held in such high esteem in AFL circles. Higher than Tiger Woods is in the Golfing world.

A lot of these kids worshiped Judd as teenagers and now they have come through the system, they really struggle to match the great man from a mental perspective.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Wellingham, Brown, Reid, Travis Cloke are the examples of players who dropped their heads once Chris Judd told them how soft they were.

In the last two games, Chris Judd has simply imparted his mental strength on the games and viola, Carlton won.

Some say Chris Judd is a better sledger than he is a footy player so that is saying something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd DID sledge WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back