Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind me, just seeing how much I can piss off everyone for fun...........:p

View attachment 421351
Itsbeendone.jpg
West-Coast-Away-2014.gif

what are your thoughts on replacing the current hawthorn reverse away stripes for the old 'all brown with golden vee'? i think it would be a pretty cool jersey to have and was hugely popular among the fans due to its heritage factor. I'm considering emailing the club about it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.07.15 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.07.15 pm.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 8.30.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 8.30.47 pm.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 18
what are your thoughts on replacing the current hawthorn reverse away stripes for the old 'all brown with golden vee'? i think it would be a pretty cool jersey to have and was hugely popular among the fans due to its heritage factor. I'm considering emailing the club about it

You can email the club if you want but they'll probably say there's already too many V's in the league. They're sure to shut you down straight away if you say "jersey" too. Haha

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

n3OPwOB.png

8ngbXmO.png

jADMBnw.png

Just some playing around with Hawthorn jumpers to match the clash I made for them (above).

9NfHeQH.png

Uh ignore the North Collingwood thing. I was just being lazy. Cool matchup.

l7IiZoc.png

beUgI2e.png

bKwFTcL.png

How the GF should have looked!

tFz1cfZ.png

yu8YrOc.png

nCv58Xn.png

kCMoAlS.png

AHzOXuX.png

n3OPwOB.png

8ngbXmO.png

jADMBnw.png

Just some playing around with Hawthorn jumpers to match the clash I made for them (above).

9NfHeQH.png

Uh ignore the North Collingwood thing. I was just being lazy. Cool matchup.

l7IiZoc.png

beUgI2e.png

bKwFTcL.png

How the GF should have looked!

tFz1cfZ.png

yu8YrOc.png

nCv58Xn.png

kCMoAlS.png

AHzOXuX.png
I'm really enjoying these Not Again. Could you one day put together a summary of what you've done, how you've done it, problems, triumphs and so on please? I take it you can actually play the game with your own jumper designs? I had AFL 99 way back when and thought at the time how great it would be to add other jumper designs (e.g. SANFL jumpers or my own creations).

I'm really enjoying these Not Again. Could you one day put together a summary of what you've done, how you've done it, problems, triumphs and so on please? I take it you can actually play the game with your own jumper designs? I had AFL 99 way back when and thought at the time how great it would be to add other jumper designs (e.g. SANFL jumpers or my own creations).
You can actually play the game with these designs. It's how I've done my NAFL entries. In fact I accidentally posted a part of one of my entries earlier in this thread although nobody noticed.

I've been thinking about making a tutorial/workshop to get other people involved, even those that don't have the game. It's a pretty convoluted process but broken down into basics it's really quite easy.

The design process is basically a matter of lining up "landmarks" (e.g. logos, collars, cuffs, shorts) on the original guernseys and then making your own designs from there.

For example, this is the Fremantle away guernsey.

upload_2017-9-30_11-12-14.png

Using this image with the texture image planted on top makes it easy to identify landmarks.

upload_2017-9-30_11-12-0.png

Once you've done that you can go on to making your own designs. The Fremantle design below is one of the first ones I played around with. There's still some improvement needed (such as tracing cuffs/collars for less pixellation, which I didn't do on my earliest work) but overall it's pretty neat.

upload_2017-9-30_11-13-36.png

Anyway, once you've identified landmarks and all that your end product might look a little something like this.

upload_2017-9-30_11-17-15.png

Getting these designs onto the games is another process entirely which I will explain in the tutorial although there are existing tutorials around if you really want to give it a crack.

Overall the process can be a bit tedious but it is incredible to be able to play in any guernsey you want.

Last edited:
Stormy, what do you think it would do you for the colour-clash if you swapped the white and blue shorts around for the Kangaroos' home and away sets?
I haven't fixed up the numbers because it's a ****ing pain, although in this case I might just be able to swap the home/away jumpers around and then the number colours will match up nicely.

S1mNrrW.jpg

10i2GBo.jpg

nUI3ATa.jpg

acmzULs.jpg

QublpaQ.jpg

You can actually play the game with these designs. It's how I've done my NAFL entries. In fact I accidentally posted a part of one of my entries earlier in this thread although nobody noticed.

I've been thinking about making a tutorial/workshop to get other people involved, even those that don't have the game. It's a pretty convoluted process but broken down into basics it's really quite easy.

The design process is basically a matter of lining up "landmarks" (e.g. logos, collars, cuffs, shorts) on the original guernseys and then making your own designs from there.

For example, this is the Fremantle away guernsey.

View attachment 422445

Using this image with the texture image planted on top makes it easy to identify landmarks.

View attachment 422444

Once you've done that you can go on to making your own designs. The Fremantle design below is one of the first ones I played around with. There's still some improvement needed (such as tracing cuffs/collars for less pixellation, which I didn't do on my earliest work) but overall it's pretty neat.

View attachment 422446

Anyway, once you've identified landmarks and all that your end product might look a little something like this.

View attachment 422450

Getting these designs onto the games is another process entirely which I will explain in the tutorial although there are existing tutorials around if you really want to give it a crack.

Overall the process can be a bit tedious but it is incredible to be able to play in any guernsey you want.
Does the game have the ability to play as your own team? That’d be perfect to be able to create your own plus add in your own design too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the game have the ability to play as your own team? That’d be perfect to be able to create your own plus add in your own design too
Yes. You can create custom teams and use them. That's exactly what I've done. I've created 30 odd custom players for my Royal Bondi Hoogs team.

The only thing that's been awkward to play around with is logos. For some reason the logos are saved as videos and I really can't be arsed to play around with them.

Can we transfer them onto the Xbox game
I'm not sure. Probably not

Can you post your .psd (the one shown above) so we can have a go at making some of them.
Yeah. That one is only relevant for North Melbourne but at least it's a start. And I am always happy to upload ones people make into the game.

I'll do it when I get home.

I haven't fixed up the numbers because it's a ******* pain, although in this case I might just be able to swap the home/away jumpers around and then the number colours will match up nicely.

S1mNrrW.jpg

10i2GBo.jpg

nUI3ATa.jpg

acmzULs.jpg

QublpaQ.jpg

It's an interesting look, heading towards the monochrome kit idea. I reckon the back colours could be reversed too, for the proper effect.

As for the templates, if you have the North ones, can you post them? I wanna get to some modding.

Note: are the templates available on this forum anywhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back