Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Brisbane bring back James Polkinghorne?

View attachment 1756281
Quick edit. Too many colour boxes on Richmond’s jumper this year. And bring back the yellow numbers
I agree, I like that it gives Richmond a point of difference from Essendon as well as it being more consistent with the clash. Probably don't need the white outline on the numbers but otherwise I think this would be a great move.

View attachment 1760520

View attachment 1760521
.Not sure what I was doing. Just using my finger to edit and scribble on a random paint app on my phone. Apologies for the qualityView attachment 1760523
If we were to go back to a predominantly white clash I'd like it to include all of our club colours (Maroon, Blue & Gold).How about a navy blue Lion with a maroon upper panel. Add a gold line to seperate the white & maroon. Worn with Maroon shorts & socks.

The Women's white clash kit is one of the cleanest uniforms going round in AFL and AFLW in my opinion. Just goes to show white kits can work if you get a bit creative

View attachment 1760636
Yeah this colour combo works relatively well for the womens team, it is almost the opposite of what the Classic mens kit was - gold lion on a white background with a cut off maroon v. The problem with the mens one was that it was really badly thought out and executed. Our current one or the previous gold kit under Majestic have been our best clashes in recent memory for the mens teams.

For Carlton's home I just kept the home traditional
For the away however I used the baby blue used in the M&M jumper to create some needed change to their away jersey
For the clash I used inspiration from their 1998 Pre-Season jumper for the design along with their 1897-1913 jersey for the cream colour

For the inside of each jersey I added the old BLUES typeface along with 16 premiership cups around it

View attachment 1725608View attachment 1725610View attachment 1725611View attachment 1725614View attachment 1725615View attachment 1725616

You are bloody talented mate and I really appreciate the thought to the past as well as your eye for newer/refreshed concepts. That goes for all of the suggestions you've posted. Well done!

As you point out, Carlton are in DIRE need of a change to the insipid white 'away' jumper. I would see us wear either the clash or the away you put forward before what we currently rock.

Have you done any other designs when it comes to Carlton? I'd be interested in seeing what the baby blue jumper you did would look like using Navy or anything else really...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that is a very simple solution. I'm not sure why Port supporters are so dead against it.
Port supporters are against it because that's not the guernsey that port adelaide wore for 90+ years and won 30+ premierships in it,I don't know why its so hard for victorians to understand.

The Idea that port should only be allowed to waer their traditional jumper if its modified is ridiculous and completely disregards almost 150 years of south australian football heritage.

Port supporters are against it because that's not the guernsey that port adelaide wore for 90+ years and won 30+ premierships in it,I don't know why its so hard for victorians to understand.

The Idea that port should only be allowed to waer their traditional jumper if its modified is ridiculous and completely disregards almost 150 years of south australian football heritage.
I think that Port should be able to wear whatever they want in their home games. I think that the current Collingwood home jumper is closer to Ports prison bar jumper than the prison bars are to Collingwood's traditional jumper. It has been suggested the change to a predominantly black jumper was to try and make sure that Port couldn't wear their black jumper with white bars, if that was true I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not Victorian and am taking that insult quite personally tbh.
What I don't understand is the all or nothing attitude from Port surely a modified version is better than no version at all? IMO wearing a modified version of the prison bars would make it easier to wear the traditional version more often during the year as the change would be less drastic. Why not wear the PB jumper with teal cuffs? technically the colour is still there. Wear the traditional PB jumper with teal shorts, its hard to mistake Port for Collingwood when one wears teal shorts.
The idea that Collingwood own black and white is a bit ridiculous to me.

I think that Port should be able to wear whatever they want in their home games. I think that the current Collingwood home jumper is closer to Ports prison bar jumper than the prison bars are to Collingwood's traditional jumper. It has been suggested the change to a predominantly black jumper was to try and make sure that Port couldn't wear their black jumper with white bars, if that was true I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not Victorian and am taking that insult quite personally tbh.
What I don't understand is the all or nothing attitude from Port surely a modified version is better than no version at all? IMO wearing a modified version of the prison bars would make it easier to wear the traditional version more often during the year as the change would be less drastic. Why not wear the PB jumper with teal cuffs? technically the colour is still there. Wear the traditional PB jumper with teal shorts, its hard to mistake Port for Collingwood when one wears teal shorts.
The idea that Collingwood own black and white is a bit ridiculous to me.

Agreed. Definitely original PBs for showdowns though, can’t see a good reason why not. But I personally love the addition of teal any other time, really pops and looks nice imo just aesthetically. At least they still have OG prison bars in the SANFL, all is not lost, it’s just the Collingwood thing that conflicts in the national comp but despite the teams’ guernsey designs definitely being different (disregarding colour), we just can’t have two strictly black and white teams and both calling themselves the Magpies, in the same comp. That just cannot work, that’s the reality of it.

Agreed. Definitely original PBs for showdowns though, can’t see a good reason why not. But I personally love the addition of teal any other time, really pops and looks nice imo just aesthetically. At least they still have OG prison bars in the SANFL, all is not lost, it’s just the Collingwood thing that conflicts in the national comp but despite the teams’ guernsey designs definitely being different (disregarding colour), we just can’t have two strictly black and white teams and both calling themselves the Magpies, in the same comp. That just cannot work, that’s the reality of it.

I love the teal too.

I'm definitely pro prison bars in showdowns and stuff but I would hate for Port to completely lose the Teal.

There can be 2 black and white teams in the AFL (there are 3 blue and white ones after all), and we (Port) are quite happy not to be the magpies in the AFL (it's only a nickname).

There can be 2 black and white teams in the AFL (there are 3 blue and white ones after all)
In the cases of Carlton, Geelong and North (which I feel is a bit reaching but I respect the point you're trying to make) while they share the same colours, I think the designs and branding are strikingly distinct from one another.

The PBs and Collingwood's current design are similar from all three angles; colours, design and branding. As I'm sure you'd agree, the PBs and the Port Adelaide Magpies are inseparable regardless of if Port Adelaide are the Power, which is why Collingwood feel they are within their rights to defend their branding in that area. But that isn't even necessarily the reason for my objection, just the club's, mine is more on the grounds of principle

In the cases of Carlton, Geelong and North (which I feel is a bit reaching but I respect the point you're trying to make) while they share the same colours, I think the designs and branding are strikingly distinct from one another.

The PBs and Collingwood's current design are similar from all three angles; colours, design and branding. As I'm sure you'd agree, the PBs and the Port Adelaide Magpies are inseparable regardless of if Port Adelaide are the Power, which is why Collingwood feel they are within their rights to defend their branding in that area. But that isn't even necessarily the reason for my objection, just the club's, mine is more on the grounds of principle
We'll have to agree to disagree. Let's put it to the test;): allow Port to wear the PBs and see what actual effect it has on Collingwood's brand (little if any I'd suggest).
Having said this, if we got to wear something like the one fargothegreat put together #152 as our main jumper and got to use the b&w PBs a few times a year (my preference: showdowns and 1914 PB for Anzac Round) I'd be tempted.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Let's put it to the test;): allow Port to wear the PBs and see what actual effect it has on Collingwood's brand (little if any I'd suggest).
Having said this, if we got to wear something like the one fargothegreat put together #152 as our main jumper and got to use the b&w PBs a few times a year (my preference: showdowns and 1914 PB for Anzac Round) I'd be tempted.
haha yeah that's fair enough, I agree I think that the branding effect on Collingwood would be very little but I think the nature of these legal disagreements over the use of the PBs is that if there is even potential for that to happen then it's considered an infringement but then again I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong on that

Having said that, I'm very much on-board with Port using the PBs in Showdowns, I wish both our clubs could come to some sort of agreement that involves that because I think it's great in the context of celebrating South Australia's Football Heritage which in my mind is in-line with Eddie's original agreement

You're right. It's so ridiculous to think that people are going to support a team in another state in any significant numbers just because they also have a similar colour scheme and uniform. Just let Port wear the prison bars every home game and Collingwood can wear a white based uniform with even thinner black stripes than their present ones to avoid the clash when playing in Adelaide against Port. When it's Collingwood's home game, Port can continue to wear one of their perfectly fine away guernseys that don't clash with Collingwood's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back