Just a thought...

Remove this Banner Ad

Scootyb

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will Sandilands retire as our 2nd best player ever? If not who has that mantle? Just got thinking in the aftermath of Pav's games record. An amazing rookie list pick up either way

By the time Sandi retires,players like Hill,Fyfe,and a few others may have over taken his as number two,maybe even over taken Pav as number one,These kids like Hill and Fyfe are going to be super stars make no mistake.That is if they aren't already there now.

A lot will rest on whether we make something of the list we've got and push for (or even win) a flag in the next 2-3 years while Pavlich, Sandilands and McPharlin are still around (though I suspect McPharlin will do a Fletcher and Pav will play for a year or two past 2014 you'd think - ruckmen tend to play longer so we will have to wait and see with Sandilands)

Sandilands will be right up there though - incredible player and that's not just because of his height. No point being tall when you can't utilise it to the best of your ability

I have this vision of Sandi as a 38 year old permanent full forward just standing in the 50 there plucking 10 contested marks a game and winning the coleman medal for the 6th time, but that is probably just wishful thinking:)

At this stage, I would consider him the 2nd best ever Freo player, but who knows - in 10 years we may be talking about if Hill or Fyfe as the best ever - we may be talking about Moller or Jaeger as the best ever - its hard to predict ...

Right now he is the most important player in our team, and the key to our being a shot for the flag in the next couple of years.

i recon sandi will be playing long after pav retires, and by then the carcasses of rival ruckmen will be piled so high it will be hard to distinguish between him and pav as to whos number 1.

i recon sandi will be playing long after pav retires, and by then the carcasses of rival ruckmen will be piled so high it will be hard to distinguish between him and pav as to whos number 1.

:thumbsu:this

Add to this the remains of key defenders that try to stop him as a marking forward.

Do you think there could be Parker, Grover and maybe McManus to fit in say a top 5 dockers list? (I exclude bell because of his stint at north......great player, but would have liked to have seen him in his prime at the dockers)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi is easily our second best ever imo.

He's the only other player we've ever had that is universally recognised around the footy world as a bona-fide star. Bell was a little champ but he was never mentioned during any top 10 player discussions like Sandi is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back