Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me strength. Luke Ryan is No 2 in the AFL for KE.

That's just such a horrifically wrong take.

View attachment 1973672
critical part of interpreting stats/numbers is looking at context - more than just a number on the page.

That aside, i'm a massive Luke Ryan fan and am happy we have him, but dont let his kicking efficiency stat fool you. He take a lot of easy side ways kicks which help dilute his long bombs.

I dont think think his longs bombs are as bad as people here make out, but they're still not always ideal

from 5th in a 16-team comp. Semantics though. if you're happy with us being 8th after the CEO has spruiked we're a realistic challenger for the flag this season, good for you. :)
Happy to play finals with the 3rd least experienced team in the AFL?

I'd be over-the-moon. That itself would be a pretty phenomenal effort.

Also, no CEO has said we're winning the Premiership this year.

Happy to play finals with the 3rd least experienced team in the AFL?

I'd be over-the-moon. That itself would be a pretty phenomenal effort.

Also, no CEO has said we're winning the Premiership this year.
I’m not happy to just be making up the numbers. The CEO said a premiership and 3 top four finishes by the end of 2025. Even JLo said age is no excuse this year. We have to be careful, our backline generals in Pearce and Ryan are basically peaking now.

It still shits me that the VFL umpiring crap in Adelaide means we are 4 and 3 and not 5 and 2. We should swap places with the Blues on the ladder. Everyone is lauding Carlton but if they lost that (should have) we would have the better record. So frustrating.
Let ‘em drink their bath water
It’s like Kryptonite to them

The better they think they are the more likely they are to blow it and the further and harder the fall .

Only way they win the flag is a full AFL carry ( plausible)

Amazes me how assertive and confident JLo is with getting his message across to the playing group compared to how he fronts up to the media - refreshing to see this side of him.
I get the feeling the reason JL is the way he is with the media is because he doesn’t want his words twisted it sounds like he’s thinking the perfect thing to say every sentence and that’s why he sounds slow when he talks

I think sometimes Freo supporters critical of the way Longmuir talks don't get that they're a different audience, often a different generation, and think that they're the ones that should be inspired by the messages coming out of press conferences/ post match interviews as if they're the ones that are going to go out on the ground and play the next game. when what is important is what the players hear inside the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically a variation on the old Bill Belichick Do Your Job mantra. No yelling but firmly gets the message across.

At the same time, I hope the club is doing this as a one off and not an every week thing; it loses its effect the more you do it

Come on give us a meme. We’ve missed them😜😁

It's alright mate, maybe I can help get you going since MadEye got banned from posting the GIFs.

Sexy Chris Farley GIF

I really hope we win vs the tigers.

Most years, this would be a winnable game but we would get thrashed in.

But under the Ross Lyon era, Freo beat Richmond 4 times in the MCG between 2012-17.

Those years were 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017.

I love Luke Ryan but this is just a list of key defenders who bomb the ball long to a contest. Not sure it’s proving your point much.

He isn’t enough close to an elite kick. His disposal efficiency are reflective of his style of play (i.e. long kicks pretty much every time) rather than actually being a good kick.

I hardly ever see a genuinely good kick from him. I’m talking the sort of kick that only 15-20% of the competition can pull off. That’s what elite kicks of the ball do. Ryan doesn’t take risks like that so he hardly ever genuinely ****s up but his score involvements are so low for a guy that touches it as much as he does. It isn’t just because he’s a defender either - he’s barely above KPD level most weeks whereas guys like Clark and Aish are consistently higher.

Amazes me how assertive and confident JLo is with getting his message across to the playing group compared to how he fronts up to the media - refreshing to see this side of him.
Nathan Buckley said exactly that after sitting in the box as an observer.

He also said a lot of our players are introverted and had never heard a group so quiet preparing for a game.

I’m not happy to just be making up the numbers. The CEO said a premiership and 3 top four finishes by the end of 2025. Even JLo said age is no excuse this year. We have to be careful, our backline generals in Pearce and Ryan are basically peaking now.
Was that the former CEO?

Anyway, every club aims to play finals, prelims etc. Frankly I would have more upset if he'd come out and said 'our aim is to struggle in the bottom 3 for the next 5 years'.

But let's be realistic - we had 2 players in their first game this week, and our 2 KPFs are 20 and 21. That's not a 'normal' Premiership formula. My guess is we won't be a seriously scarry forward line until Amiss, Treacy and Simson hit 100-150 games (and we add a couple more). And, we all know you have to be a top 4 scoring team to win a Premiership.

I get the feeling the reason JL is the way he is with the media is because he doesn’t want his words twisted it sounds like he’s thinking the perfect thing to say every sentence and that’s why he sounds slow when he talks
That was exactly my thought after watching that clip then his 7 interview last night. Even the way he stands perfectly still in the interview, it’s like he’s holding in a fart and doesn’t want it to leak out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back