Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Young has obvs leaked how much Longmuir is on.
$700k, reckon that's a bit generous considering his CV personally
Such a make or break year for Longmuir.
Make finals - get set for a very well paid career as a head coach.
Finish bottom 6 - Probably sacked and will never get a lucrative head coach position again.

It’s going to be interesting to see how he holds up under the pressure. We’re one stinker of a pre-season match into 2024 and it already feels like sharks are circling in terms of footy media.

Gotta say I wasn’t super comforted by his words on Backchat last night. Pretty much the most casual environment you can imagine for an interview, where he was free to set the narrative and I didn’t find much in his words that exuded optimism or confidence in the season ahead.

It’s going to be interesting to see how he holds up under the pressure. We’re one stinker of a pre-season match into 2024 and it already feels like sharks are circling in terms of footy media.

Gotta say I wasn’t super comforted by his words on Backchat last night. Pretty much the most casual environment you can imagine for an interview, where he was free to set the narrative and I didn’t find much in his words that exuded optimism or confidence in the season ahead.
Jlo speaking poorly, never!

We’re one stinker of a pre-season match into 2024 and it already feels like sharks are circling in terms of footy media.
I just don't think this is true. Look at the afl.com.au pundits' predictions, and only one of them nominates Fremantle as club under the most pressure (which all have read as proxy for coach under the most pressure), and even that pundit names Fremantle only after first saying Melbourne and Carlton.

The sharks will be circling in the WA media, and that will eventually get picked up by east coast footy media, but at the moment, Fremantle/Longmuir still don't exist.

NB: Schmookie is (unsurprisingly) the only one to have Freo "Moving up" and in the 8.

I just don't think this is true. Look at the afl.com.au pundits' predictions, and only one of them nominates Fremantle as club under the most pressure (which all have read as proxy for coach under the most pressure), and even that pundit names Fremantle only after first saying Melbourne and Carlton.

The sharks will be circling in the WA media, and that will eventually get picked up by east coast footy media, but at the moment, Fremantle/Longmuir still don't exist.

NB: Schmookie is (unsurprisingly) the only one to have Freo "Moving up" and in the 8.

Agree to disagree- IMO there’s a difference between teams under pressure to be involved at the very pointy end of the season (ie. melb, Carlton, WB, port to an extent) vs that of a coach in the last year of a contract whos team needs to show some sign of heading in the right direction. The former is always going to lead the discussion over the latter.

On the second point - I’ve specifically heard Jlo’s contract status mentioned on a handful of podcasts in the last week. (Realfooty, fox footy, SEN). Granted most of them are utter trash - but I was surprised to hear it even pop up, hence my comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recycling sacked coaches..not sure it's the way to go.

How do people see Voss second stint at Carlton.

Brisbane in round 1, crows in round 3 and eagles in round 6 (away derby) are our first 3 home games. Do you actually think we can beat Brisbane or crows in our current form?
I haven't watched a minute of our pre-season.

So I can't judge our form. If it's even relevant or not

I would hope the 1st game of the year we can aim up and challenge Brisbane especially at home.

Recycling sacked coaches..not sure it's the way to go.

How do people see Voss second stint at Carlton.
look at freos history of coaches....

Neesham, Drum, Connolly, Harvey , Lyon and Longmuir.

Connolly and Lyon are head and shoulders the best 2 coaches in a 30 year stretch.

When I saw Ralph saying that JL to lad the players to be “like pirates chasing the treasure” I thought it was a parody….

But it must be true!
Clearly trying to keep motivation within the maritime theme of the club.

It’s ok but personally would’ve gone with something that was even closer to the mark , say…

“Be like wharfies chasing a pay rise”!!

For want of a better alternative we have to stick with JLo , Blokes like sonny and Fyfey have not got time to wait for another 3 year "reset". I note that the Gutless nocock has departed after succumbing to the "noise"

Cryptic even for a bloke with a Bundy hat

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back