Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

f25af639da13d6252a38ed21b4e8d4e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm old enough that I had watched some footy then but not old enough that I would've understood what a contract was.

You must have a good memory btw.
It’s a little different. Everyone thought he deserved more than 1 at the time, at least 2 more as we nearly made the finals with a fairly crap list.

Wtf Jlo now has underperformed last year it’s fair to say and just got an extra year for what?? Not even eclipsed round 1.

Weak.

If the boys can use it as a pump up to knock off Brisbane and set up the start of our season it'll actually be pretty big.

Sometimes footy's just about vibes

Should of held his feet to the fire more. Weak move, Beta move.

I’m pretty neutral on the decision. However I’m good at remembering useless shit so I should point out, Alpha and Beta behaviour is not seen in the wild, only captivity. The original study on wolves has been disowned by its author. Beta basically means nothing scientifically in terms of sociological behaviour.

I have been vocal about giving him the full year to see how he performs. I'm not to sure about this move though. If job security takes stress off the coach and allows him to perform than it may be a good move. My main concern is if we have another poor season, will the club have the balls to sack him while he is contracted? If they don't than we may be in trouble. We need to start winning games and making consistent finals appearances if we want to lure stars over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jlo clearly went to he club and twisted their arm. “How can I and the club perform with the media honing in on my ooc status”

We caved to him.
Nah I don't think so. If anything this makes the coach look faintly desperate (and in need of a manager - Young must be laughing). The club really has the upper hand now, in the grand scheme of things although I don't rate the bloke I don't mind this too much. If they had given him 2 or 3 more years before seeing how the season goes I would have burnt the place down

Nah I don't think so. If anything this makes the coach look faintly desperate (and in need of a manager - Young must be laughing). The club really has the upper hand now, in the grand scheme of things although I don't rate the bloke I don't mind this too much. If they had given him 2 or 3 more years I would have burnt the place down
But why not wait for a sample of games? Before the possibility of paying out an extra year at the end of the year.

I’m pretty neutral on the decision. However I’m good at remembering useless s**t so I should point out, Alpha and Beta behaviour is not seen in the wild, only captivity. The original study on wolves has been disowned by its author. Beta basically means nothing scientifically in terms of sociological behaviour.
this is precisely what i come on BigFooty for :moustache:

Not worth celebrating or venting - it doesn’t change much. The club aren’t throwing all their support behind him with a multi year extension (rightfully).

Actually, it does illustrate that this is an important year for him to demonstrate his and our development, which is what I’d hoped. So I’m fairly happy.

The club obviously feel we’re on the right track with the internal vibes atm, but want to see that on field, before issuing a longer extension. I’m good with that. A shocker of a year won’t save him from the sack, but they’re giving him some breathing room too. Smart.

But why not wait for a sample of games? Before the possibility of paying out an extra year at the end of the year.
Sure I get that and I assume that was on the list of options, I imagine their thinking is this really does mean we're giving him the whole year, whereas if he had started 1-4 or 0-5 the external noise would kill that option of giving him the year. I am with you, but I actually can see the logic in this alternative. As I said, a 2+ year extension would have been a disaster

It just means the decision will be made at the end of the year, rather than mid-way. He now has a full year to try to get the team performing again, without any excuse about external noise. Nothing is more destabilising than sacking a coach mid year. If we are shit again this year he will be sacked in the off-season - it only being one year confirms that

It also means if we finish 9th-10th ish, and look good for portions of the year, the club can also wait and see how we start next year too

If the players do like him, they get a boost at the start of the season to kick things off too

Overall it's a lot of upside and very little downside. Actually quite a smart move from the club

Jlo clearly went to he club and twisted their arm. “How can I and the club perform with the media honing in on my ooc status”

We caved to him.
Mate outside of coaching the players Longmuir has zero ****ing pull in the club, he holds no weight or authority. If the club didn't want to re-sign him they'd just tell him to piss off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back