Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many people are judging Longmuir on his media performances yet know absolutely nothing about how he communicates with the players .I've known many awesome musicians over the yrs that turn to water at the idea of performing live.Our last coach came across as a prickly arrogant smart ass in my opinion,yet he somehow managed to communicate with the players ,can't say the bloke ever sold me hope

I didn't know it was 2025 already?

If people are talking about being patient for another few seasons due to our age then we miss the clubs targets. We have already missed a portion of those targets. That shouldn't be written off as the clubs leadership set those targets and we have failed on a portion already. Do you acknowledge that?

I'd argue this is exactly false. Allowing the team to get younger and avoiding the temptation to chase B/C grade top ups to get a short term boost is precisely ballsy.

Rosich and Ross were the weak ones when they mortgaged our future for Hogan, Lobb et al. We finally have the leadership strength to sacrifice the short term for the long term gain. Even if it doesn't work, I am delighted the club actually took the right path.
So JL is just warming them up for when Chris Scott comes across to put the icing on the cake in 2025 ?
JL is like that transitional manager in an organisation that gets bought in when things have gone to shit .
Cleans out the dead wood ,does all the dirty work , rights the ship then gets discarded for the next shiny new thing .

So JL is just warming them up for when Chris Scott comes across to put the icing on the cake in 2025 ?
JL is like that transitional manager in an organisation that gets bought in when things have gone to s**t .
Cleans out the dead wood ,does all the dirty work , rights the ship then gets discarded for the next shiny new thing .
I don't think that's what the admin is thinking but he'll need to pull out some good performances in the next 18 months or it might end up being true.

WTF? I’m not asking him to confirm to an “alpha male stereotype”. Where the hell did you get that from? I just want him to be able to speak appropriately and inspire. He can do neither which is a critical pillar of professional coaching.
Then say it that way, and only that way, instead of the disrespectful way you did in the first place. ;)

I actually dont even think it was JL who changed things up. He even admitted it was his assistants who talked him in to putting Young on the ball. I dont even think we can give him the credit to step out of his safe zone.
They are a 'staff' and make decisions as such. I don't think they concern themselves with individual credit which you seem to regard as such a pillar of expertise..

Lots of talk about the fans being patient but who cares about that?
It’s the players that matter. Will they be patient enough to see it though? That the acid test for JL and Bell and co.

Lots of talk about the fans being patient but who cares about that?
It’s the players that matter. Will they be patient enough to see it though? That the acid test for JL and Bell and co.
The vast majority of the good ones have 3+ year deals. I'd say that's pretty good evidence they are.

My actual criticism is his absolute lack of providing any sort of inspiration. Being able to at least communicate fluently is critical in any form of coaching and/or teaching. No wonder the team start games asleep. He's a poor communicator. Think of all the the recent premiership coaches or even successful coaches, they can at least communicate without fumbling and stuttering their way through the English language.
Yeah he got the job because he can't communicate. What a load of horseshit.

If people are talking about being patient for another few seasons due to our age then we miss the clubs targets. We have already missed a portion of those targets. That shouldn't be written off as the clubs leadership set those targets and we have failed on a portion already. Do you acknowledge that?
Remind me again what the strategic plan interim targets were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke is a top ten goal kicker in our history and is doing everything in his power to get us an elusive premiership despite questionable governance sitting directly above him.
Love him or hate him is it too hard to show the bloke a basic level of respect? Calling him a potato or mumbles is just s**t. Especially from armchair critics that would absolutely piss their pants if put in charge of the list for one day.
The media are already baying for blood and it will get worse, possibly reaching fever pitch by the start of the 2024 season. Their modus operandi in this situation is to take their cues from discontent fans and they will be looking to us to supply the bullets to fire.

I love this Club and I want to win a Premiership as much as anyone in the Freo family but in my book it becomes more important than ever to show our loyalty and belief in JL to get us to a Premiership. While he is the Coach at Fremantle he gets my respect.

Lets just see what comes out of 2024 before we eat our own.

Remind me again what the strategic plan interim targets were.

AFl and AFLW premiership by 2025.
3 top four finishes by end 2025. It says AFL and AFLW so I am not sure if that is each or combined.

I have attached the full doc below.

Good to note that Garlic was committed to those goals in May this year even though we had no chance of finals at the time.

Attachments

• STRAT-PLAN-8-PAGER-LANDSCAPE-2-.pdf
    5.7 MB · Views: 8
The media are already baying for blood and it will get worse, possibly reaching fever pitch by the start of the 2024 season. Their modus operandi in this situation is to take their cues from discontent fans and they will be looking to us to supply the bullets to fire.

I love this Club and I want to win a Premiership as much as anyone in the Freo family but in my book it becomes more important than ever to show our loyalty and belief in JL to get us to a Premiership. While he is the Coach at Fremantle he gets my respect.

Lets just see what comes out of 2024 before we eat our own.
Just like they gave Hogan the benefit of the doubt 😜
I really find it difficult to believe in this club when we don’t have the tools
to succeed.
The clubs direction doesn’t look innovative, ahead of the pack?
Mental fortitude, physicality, where is the elite point of difference.
If you get the chance to watch the 92 GF you will see umpiring bias. Ablett
knocking out Pyke in the first quarter, and a wingman winning the Norm Smith.
We didn’t even replace Carr, so do we just drink the bath water?

I don't think that's what the admin is thinking but he'll need to pull out some good performances in the next 18 months or it might end up being true.
I like to think the Dockers are more loyal than that but I don’t think he’ll survive another season like 2023
Wasn’t the worst ever season for a young team but the way we lost some of those games was pretty woeful.

I will watch with great interest NM and GC over the next year or 2
Will heavily test the theory on whether it’s more the coach or team and whether a proven coach can rectify years of failure .

McRea seems to have flipped that theory on its head though .
Interesting times in the coaching sphere

tbh looking back at our 2016 list. i would have rolled the dice with trades.
our starting midfield was

C: hill mundy hill
ruck: sandi fyfe neale
with key defensive posts of hamling and a pearce who was yet to have 3 broken legs/feet. walters, ballas (falling off a cliff) even bennell (who also failed to live up to expectation).

there is enough A grade talent there that ross lyon at the end of 2016 must have thought with the right restumping, replumbing and rewiring i can easily get this club back to finals.

Say what you want about Ross, he really did have Freo’s back whenever we’ve been attacked by Journos, player managers, the opposition. . . whatever he would always give them a whack and it would always make supporters like me feel safe and supported so we can defend the club as well. Ross til this day fuc.cking hates West Coast Eagles and Trevor Nisbett. . lol.

With JLo you feel none of that. He’s too scared to offend people. It’s bloody tiresome defending the club on socials or even with people in general when the coach doesn’t even do it. He certainly doesn’t have the supporters back.

Say what you want about Ross, he really did have Freo’s back whenever we’ve been attacked by Journos, player managers, the opposition. . . whatever he would always give them a whack and it would always make supporters like me feel safe and supported so we can defend the club as well. Ross til this day fuc.cking hates West Coast Eagles and Trevor Nisbett. . lol.

With JLo you feel none of that. He’s too scared to offend people. It’s bloody tiresome defending the club on socials or even with people in general when the coach doesn’t even do it. He certainly doesn’t have the supporters back.
lol,

i feel like ross will never get over that.

ross had to calm himself down after the brayshaw hit and is on record saying he wanted the players to get retribution. but decided against it. anyway, its all good now because they play golf together. right nisbett, right nisssy

I like to think the Dockers are more loyal than that but I don’t think he’ll survive another season like 2023
Wasn’t the worst ever season for a young team but the way we lost some of those games was pretty woeful.

Will heavily test the theory on whether it’s more the coach or team and whether a proven coach can rectify years of failure .

Sure…NM and GC will have nothing to do with being in bucketfuls of elite talent in one go at this draft.

I mean North have two top 5 picks plus 15, 17, 18
Whle Gold Coast get three top ten academy kids with a fourth possible later. For basically nothing while also getting first rounders for next year.

In 5 years we’ll be hearing all about how Clarko and Dimma are geniuses and no mention of the absolute hand shandy they were given in 2023 by the AFL

Sure…NM and GC will have nothing to do with being in bucketfuls of elite talent in one go at this draft.

Whle Gold Coast get three top ten academy kids with a fourth possible later. For basically nothing while also getting first rounders for next year.

In 5 years we’ll be hearing all about how Clarko and Dimma are geniuses and no mention of the absolute hand shandy they were given in 2023 by the AFL
Agree

But the shandies have been happening for years at GC and GWS and to a lesser extent NM yet still no flags .
Cameron and Dew had plenty of time and were right on the cusp but couldn’t get it done

NM have been a rabble so it’s harder to pin it on the coaches

Yet the Powers of this state just put up with it?
It’s why we need better funding for our coaching depts from WA.
Yet we hear nothing about the inequality of AFL and now our U18’s
players getting drafted may come down to combines.

I don't think it is loyalty, I think they genuinely believe JL is the guy and will back him until they can't/or it becomes obvious they were wrong. It's why I think bar complete disaster he'll survive 2024. He wouldn't get through 2025 without finals and I think that's fair enough.

I don't think it is loyalty, I think they genuinely believe JL is the guy and will back him until they can't/or it becomes obvious they were wrong. It's why I think bar complete disaster he'll survive 2024. He wouldn't get through 2025 without finals and I think that's fair enough.
So we have 23 games.
What’s a complete disaster?

I’d say anything south of ten wins has him in major trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back