The Birch

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2007
Mt Waverly
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Is he worth looking at? Has has real speed, and knows where the goals are aswell. Also finished runner up in 2006 b/f.

We have Tuck, Ellis and Muston who could play similar, but with the retirement of Joel Smith, could be worth a look!

Re: Justin Sherman??

brother you have got to be having me on you could never have some one called sherman play for your football club

Had a fall out with Lethal over attitude. Mid sizer who could be handy but very similar to Muston.

Give us one of Hooper Mcgrath Davey Thomas Whyman Sampi etc at Buddys feet and i would be a lot happier.

rhyming slang for wank could never barrack for him without laughing

if he made a mistake clarko wouldunt have to say pull him off he would just say sherman tank

It might be a Tasmanian thing but he and Mitch Thorp have the biggest ego's going around. Two in the same team might cause some havoc......hmmm. Actually go ahead, he would be good for you guys.

Really would prefer Jed Adcock. He too has had a bust up with Lethal about attitude.

Not being a "Mollyfud" but has anyone heard about the big story out west. Not talking about Judd trade but a relative of mine at the East Freo FC reckons that West Coke are about to break a large story concerning changing their culture and the players who will be available for trade. Some big names amongst them. Woosher has got the chairman and boards okay to go hard at the trade table to get back the sort of West Australians they want at the eagles to mirror their sides of the early to mid 90s. Otherwise they risk loosing players like Embley, who, like Judd, has had enough of the "party boys."

Also the Cokers will not deal with the magpies. Goes back to Mick dropping woosher for his last final.

Here we go again...

Sherman is just about the most down-to-earth guy in the Brisbane squad. Those that say he has a big ego have never spent time with him, or met him. Obviously just going by what they see on the field and trying to make it as though he is like that everywhere.

Seen him in a fight out town once, and he yelled to the other guy - "Do you know who I am" - Yeah he sounds pretty modest, not to mention smart.

Posted by Warwick

Here we go again...

Sherman is just about the most down-to-earth guy in the Brisbane squad. Those that say he has a big ego have never spent time with him, or met him. Obviously just going by what they see on the field and trying to make it as though he is like that everywhere.

Mate if that is the case, there must be some huge ego's up there. FWIW I wouldn't go near him.

Really would prefer Jed Adcock. He too has had a bust up with Lethal about attitude.

Ahh the old 'bust up with Lethal' chestnut. You haven't been spending time with FuManchu by any chance have you?

Other players rumoured to have had a bust-up with Lethal include Selwood, Power, Leppitsch and Brennan.

Why in the world would Adcock have had a bust-up about attitude, he is the consumate professional.

Why do people just make up obvious bullshit to try and give their trade fantasies a nugget of authenticity? What is there to gain by it?

Seen him in a fight out town once, and he yelled to the other guy - "Do you know who I am" - Yeah he sounds pretty modest, not to mention smart.

I saw Bryce Gibbs pull a AK47 on a bartender, then he torched the entire club with a flame thrower and threw a hand grenade into the kebab store next door because they forgot the garlic yoghurt dressing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh the old 'bust up with Lethal' chestnut. You haven't been spending time with FuManchu by any chance have you?

Other players rumoured to have had a bust-up with Lethal include Selwood, Power, Leppitsch and Brennan.

Why in the world would Adcock have had a bust-up about attitude, he is the consumate professional.

Why do people just make up obvious bullshit to try and give their trade fantasies a nugget of authenticity? What is there to gain by it?

What do we have to lose?

What do you have to gain by complaining about it?

Every club has out of contract champions whose best friends dogs sisters boyfriend heard that they're asking for a trade. Chill.

What do we have to lose?

What do you have to gain by complaining about it?

Every club has out of contract champions whose best friends dogs sisters boyfriend heard that they're asking for a trade. Chill.

I have no problem with people talking about trade scenarios. Its the fabricated lies about bust-ups and fights that piss me off. Its libellious and hopefully someone gets sued one day for it.

Funny how there is always a BigFooty poster around to see these fights etc when they happen, yet they never make the media.

In addition, I've never seen someone be some a magnet for character assassination as Justin Sherman.

The difference between his on-field and off-field persona is night and day. He's an absolute champion bloke, and if people think I'm not gonna say something when they try to spread lies and innuendo about him, think again.

As I said, nothing wrong at all about trade scenarios etc, but on the flip side of the coin, why attack the bloke who tries to set records straight and inject a bit of truth?

I saw Bryce Gibbs pull a AK47 on a bartender, then he torched the entire club with a flame thrower and threw a hand grenade into the kebab store next door because they forgot the garlic yoghurt dressing.

Was you there that night aswell!???

Small world.

Firstly, Sherman is not leaving the Brisbane Lions

Secondly, I have probably spent more time with him than anybody else posting here. He is an incredibly modest, easygoing and nice bloke.

I think it's unfair to judge a person based on one alleged incident. All young blokes can get narky at times, particularly if they are trying to enjoy themselves out and get harassed. It doesn't mean squat about their character.

Firstly, Sherman is not leaving the Brisbane Lions

Secondly, I have probably spent more time with him than anybody else posting here. He is an incredibly modest, easygoing and nice bloke.

I think it's unfair to judge a person based on one alleged incident. All young blokes can get narky at times, particularly if they are trying to enjoy themselves out and get harassed. It doesn't mean squat about their character.

You have to understand that all most of us have to judge Sherman's personality on is his on-field persona.

The same can be said of Franklin who is known as assumed arrogant due to his on-field persona.

I don't think anyone really means any harm by their assumptions though.

You have to understand that all most of us have to judge Sherman's personality on is his on-field persona.

The same can be said of Franklin who is known as assumed arrogant due to his on-field persona.

I don't think anyone really means any harm by their assumptions though.

Yeah, but as I said, don't be surprised when you see other people come in to offer a contrary opinion. :thumbsu:

I've spoken Shermo on several occassions, including ones where he wasnt representing the club in any fashion.

Along with Simon Black and Daniel Merrett, he is one of the nicest footballers I've ever met. Champion bloke.

Funny how there is always a BigFooty poster around to see these fights etc when they happen, yet they never make the media.

I think you will find that the Adcock rumour was actually printed in the Herald Sun earlier this week. Not that it is the most reliable source of information. It was on the back of this that their was some speculation that the Hawks (and other clubs) were looking to talk to his manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Sherman: Could be worth a look?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back