KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are all the finals being played this year?

I can't seem to locate the schedule anywhere.
As far as I know, the finals are:
First Elimination Final - Saturday 5th September - Avenel
Second Elimination Final - Sunday 6th September - Undera

Second Semi Final - Saturday 12th September - Murchison
First Semi Final - Sunday 13th September - Nagambie

Preliminary Final - Saturday 19th September - Tallygaroopna

Grand Final - Saturday 26th September - Mooroopna

Last edited:

Big game for the swans this week. Need to get over nagambie to hold third spot, otherwise Stanhope should slip into third with their run home. Likely elims Stanhope v violet town and avenel v lanky.

As far as I know, the finals are:
First Elimination Final - Saturday 5th September - Avenel
Second Elimination Final - Sunday 6th September - Undera

Second Semi Final - Saturday 12th September - Murchison
First Semi Final - Sunday 13th September - Nagambie

Preliminary Final - Saturday 19th September - Tallygaroopna

Grand Final - Saturday 26th September - Mooroopna

I wouldn't lock that in, if clubs are not up to date with league fee's I do believe they will not host finals, if rumours are true there is some on this list.

I wouldn't lock that in, if clubs are not up to date with league fee's I do believe they will not host finals, if rumours are true there is some on this list.
Maybe clubs need to get some
balls and administer the League themselves.
Therefore gaining money not paying money for league operations ?

Clubs have always had to pay fees and by far the biggest individual impost in the KDFL is the GVFUA component, and you don't get to query anything of this mob unless it is done in triplicate and having done that don't expect a reply. Did the OTLR program come to the PDFL?

Clubs have always had to pay fees and by far the biggest individual impost in the KDFL is the GVFUA component, and you don't get to query anything of this mob unless it is done in triplicate and having done that don't expect a reply. Did the OTLR program come to the PDFL?
Clubs within the KDFL may have always had to pay fees , some other league don't and some actually make more money than the cost the clubs . This is exactly my point .
OTLR was offered to all leagues , take up from what I read was extremely high in some leagues not as high in others whom have run similar programs in the past . Why do you ask ? You do realise the development managers are AFL Vic employed not AFL GM employed .
Umpire component is the largest cost in football in general , outside of players in some leagues ,not just KDFL and the GVFUA is most certainly in line with what others are paying around the state . Got a issue with costs of umpiring blame AFL Vic Country they set a minimum wage for umpires yet don't set a cap.
If you have a issue with the time taken to get a break down of costs speak to your league administrators . GVFUA forward a costs summary at the start of every year which some leagues forward to clubs and the GVFUA are very efficient in their invoicing including itemising of .
Do you think it is right that the AFL is making more and more money out of KDFL clubs whilst many of your clubs struggle to keep afloat ?
All the while, many other clubs in the area are able to spend big money on long term investments such as facility improvements and junior development programs.

Last edited:
I think you will find roar that this is a by law irrespective of who is administering it.
I do not understand Atomant ?
Are you suggesting it is a by law that the league must charge a admin fee or , that league operations can not be financial self sufficient or make a operating profit ?
Because my issue is that KDFL clubs should be getting a lot of money out of league operations not paying .

I do not understand Atomant ?
Are you suggesting it is a by law that the league must charge a admin fee or , that league operations can not be financial self sufficient or make a operating profit ?
Because my issue is that KDFL clubs should be getting a lot of money out of league operations not paying .
Just saying that all clubs have always paid fees which cover affiliation, umpires and administration. This fee has been the same pre and post RAC administration. If clubs are not up to date with that payment then they risk not being able to host a final. The league does return profits back to clubs which is basically earnings from finals gate revenue. This is distributed back to all clubs each year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saying that all clubs have always paid fees which cover affiliation, umpires and administration. This fee has been the same pre and post RAC administration. If clubs are not up to date with that payment then they risk not being able to host a final. The league does return profits back to clubs which is basically earnings from finals gate revenue. This is distributed back to all clubs each year.
Cheers and thanks for clearing that up , obviously some clubs don't think the money paid back is high enough which can sometimes be the case . Don't know when fees are due or what the rules of the league say , but personally think it's a bit disappointing if the league does have to and does take finals off clubs if they can't pay their fees .

Some positive news coming out of Ardmona they should be debt free by seasons end. Also im hearing they will have no paid players next year a brave move but I think a fantastic move by the club.

Some positive news coming out of Ardmona they should be debt free by seasons end. Also im hearing they will have no paid players next year a brave move but I think a fantastic move by the club.
Are you going to get involved again guiddo to help them out?

Royal park in the maryborough castlemaine dfl did it a few years back and are now seeing the fruits of their hard work, making a finals run this year (May have made it last year??), so it can be done, but will be a lot of hard work

Umpire component is the largest cost in football in general , outside of players in some leagues ,not just KDFL and the GVFUA is most certainly in line with what others are paying around the state . Got a issue with costs of umpiring blame AFL Vic Country they set a minimum wage for umpires yet don't set a cap.
Sorry that I wasn't blunt enough. For the $10,000 plus per year per club I'd expect a body affiliated with AFL Victoria when sent a letter almost three months ago, and one that cannot be approached under any circumstances unless by letter in triplicate or via a $500 investigation request, would have the common decency to reply or at least acknowledge receipt.

Today's gem:

Player (having taken a mark and about to line up for goal) "Why did you call for me to play on?"

Umpire "I knew that you couldn't kick it from 50."

Should we pass the hat around?

Given the ever challenging problem of finding volunteers how do suggest this might work? Bill a liveable wage out to the clubs? Who is going to "man" that telephone during those hours outside of the 9 to 5 constraint without contracting in penalties? Be careful with the term "balls" because most clubs would be gone already if they had to rely on males to form committees.

Sorry that I wasn't blunt enough. For the $10,000 plus per year per club I'd expect a body affiliated with AFL Victoria when sent a letter almost three months ago, and one that cannot be approached under any circumstances unless by letter in triplicate or via a $500 investigation request, would have the common decency to reply or at least acknowledge receipt.
?

Pay peanuts .... get Monkeys!!! Down this way (RDFL) clubs pay in excess of $20k a year in subs, junior affiliates near as much dependant on number of teams. Admittedly every game gets official Umps but you still encounter frustrating occurrences

Pay peanuts .... get Monkeys!!! Down this way (RDFL) clubs pay in excess of $20k a year in subs, junior affiliates near as much dependant on number of teams. Admittedly every game gets official Umps but you still encounter frustrating occurrences
20K+ per year per club for umpires??? That's $2000 per match for how many officiators? No problem with what they cost, would just like some professionalism.

Last edited:

Today's gem:

Player (having taken a mark and about to line up for goal) "Why did you call for me to play on?"

Umpire "I knew that you couldn't kick it from 50."

Should we pass the hat around?
If your administration was doing its job you shouldn't have to be contacting the umpires your self . Your league administrator should be taking up your complaint / query and getting back to you within 2-3 days max , like it happens in other leagues.

20K+ per year per club for umpires??? That's $2000 per match for how many officiators? No problem with what they cost, would just like some professionalism.

Sorry I thought you referencing league fees in total, not just the umpire element

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back