KDFL - Pre-Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gum have pulld of a major recruit with ky 2nds b&f winner brenton thomson headn to the gum will b a dominate ruckman in kdl, also the gums fav son manny is bak trainn the house down will b very handy if body holds up.

I'm not sure that a 2's GV player is a "major" recruit...history says that GVFL 2's players make only handy KDFL players. A major recruit would be a senior GV player or an Aaron James type. The Gum need Wileman back to do any good and maybe play Tim Livsey as starting Ruck Rover in the ones..

The gum have pulld of a major recruit with ky 2nds b&f winner brenton thomson headn to the gum will b a dominate ruckman in kdl, also the gums fav son manny is bak trainn the house down will b very handy if body holds up.

Manny wont play at the Gum:thumbsdown:

Longwood
Nagambie
Undera
Lancaster

Murchison
Stanhope
Violet Town

Girgarre
Merrigum
Avenel
Ardmona

I base the above on the good vibes coming out of Red Leg Stadium.
Go Leggers:thumbsu:
G'day Snake me old mate. Mad As A Snake.. that is!
My only comment is that it is Redlegs Stadium .. no gap between the legs as you write .. so to speak?
Is this truth or "strewth" .. get there if you can if it's truth.
Cheers Cob
John Carrot :):thumbsu:

Eoin Sexten from Ireland, played a few seasons with Cork in the GAA. Has made his way across to the goulburn valley for work and has been having a run down at merrigum. Pace is electrical, once he irons out his kicking with the new ball, hands down best player in league.

Eoin Sexten from Ireland, played a few seasons with Cork in the GAA. Has made his way across to the goulburn valley for work and has been having a run down at merrigum. Pace is electrical, once he irons out his kicking with the new ball, hands down best player in league.

Wellington to Tonny
Finn back to Ky

just heard another blow to stanhope Pappin to Tonny

Where are ya making jack play this year georgie boy, and what is the reason for leaving, not enough votes as YOU thought he should have got. What didn't they give you the vote cards?
What's your aim, for him to play in every club in the KDL before he retires,
Maybe you should start your own club "Peanuts are us"

Wellington to Tonny
Finn back to Ky
wellington has not made a decision yet, if anything could b moving back to his home town for work. If he sticks around he will most likely play at merrigum! On the positive side, sexton's brother in law liam o'flarety will be coming to aus for a few games at merrigum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are ya making jack play this year georgie boy, and what is the reason for leaving, not enough votes as YOU thought he should have got. What didn't they give you the vote cards?

You really are a D###head

Undera
Nagambie
Murchison
Lancaster
Girgarre
Violet Town
Stanhope
Merrigum
Avenel
Ardmona
Longwood

Bit obvious first 2 but the rest should ruffle some feathers.

Not just Tally missing here, the lads from ironbark stadium, Rushy didn't get a guernsey.....

I can't looked past Nagambie to start as favourites if they have the smae list as last year, closely followed by Undera and Lancaster. Nagambie remind me of the saints last year and the cats the year before and stanhope a few times:D. Best team all home n away season but with no happy ending coming finals time.

My ladder:

Nagambie
Undera
Lancaster - these top 3 should stay as the benchmark provided they don't lose anymore than 3 players

VT - the next 6 teams to battle it out much like last year for the 4th and 5th position but add in Avenel. However VT could go all the way if the move some of their backmen up to the forward line.....
Rushy
Merrigum
Stanhope
Murchison
Avenel - If they don't lose players and don't get riddled by injury this year they could finish higher. they knocked us and rushy off with a rare close to full list team last year

the rest

Ardy
Gig
Tally
Longwood

Not just Tally missing here, the lads from ironbark stadium, Rushy didn't get a guernsey.....

I can't looked past Nagambie to start as favourites if they have the smae list as last year, closely followed by Undera and Lancaster. Nagambie remind me of the saints last year and the cats the year before and stanhope a few times:D. Best team all home n away season but with no happy ending coming finals time.

My ladder:

Nagambie
Undera
Lancaster - these top 3 should stay as the benchmark provided they don't lose anymore than 3 players

VT - the next 6 teams to battle it out much like last year for the 4th and 5th position but add in Avenel. However VT could go all the way if the move some of their backmen up to the forward line.....
Rushy
Merrigum
Stanhope
Murchison
Avenel - If they don't lose players and don't get riddled by injury this year they could finish higher. they knocked us and rushy off with a rare close to full list team last year

the rest

Ardy
Gig
Tally
Longwood

Nag and Undera for me too Bodzy. Cant see them losing to anyone, top team will be the one that beats the other during the year. Both have key positions filled well and good runners. Ill go Nag top spot because of better run through the middle.
Next Lanc because they finish there most of the time, 3 of last 4? I think if they dont lose any players they will be the only team to push the above 2. Best midfield, but need key forward to kick goals.
Rushy and Stanhope to round out the 5. Stan no what is required and although not as dominant as last few years, will still finish 4th and rushy with a few recruits to finish 5th.
Murch 6th and after that im not sure, maybe
VT
Merr
Ard
Ave
Tally
Gig
Longwood

My ladder:

Nagambie
Undera

Rushy
Merrigum
Stanhope
Murchison

the rest

Ardy
Gig
Tally
Longwood

Ah crap, Rushworth to fit around 7th or 8th.

With Undera's recruits surely they would start favourites especially considering the result of the granny where Naggaz never looked a threat.

I know this bloke might be irish but "pace is electrical" and what are you doing with new balls at training?

best player in the league heh - I think you might have your hands on not down.

This is my prediction for the end of season ladder for season 2010.

The first three are pretty obvious, but you can throw a blanket between numbers 4-8, but I think that it will be only a small % between 4th to 6th, and a game out from 4th to 8th, and like everything else, it will all depend on how the teams finish & the run home.

The rest of the sides, there are few surprises, I think Longwood will finish last (they will be better than what most predict, but they will struggle), and and the rest will roughly be where they were last season.

Basically, there are three sides that are likely to challenge for the flag, 6 teams that are fighting for the last two finals places, and the last four will be planning for 2011.

I've also put in brackets where the sides are likely to finish, between the highest & lowest.

UNDERA (Likely finish 1-2)
Should go back to back, but keeping everyone happy and keeping emotions in check will be their main concerns this season, but they should manage, and if all goes well could go Premiers & Champions.

NAGAMBIE (Likely finish 1-3)
Haven't had the clearouts as predicted earlier, but should challenge strongly for the flag, and should give a better showing if they make the Grand Final.

LANCASTER (Likely finish 2-5)
Nearly knocked off Undera with 1/2 a side, and if luck had gone their way, could have played off for the flag last year, a few key omissions, but are always strong.

VIOLET TOWN (Likely finish 4-7)
A shock I know, but I think they're capable of finishing 4th, and there's little seperating 4th & 8th, and just for something different I chose the Towners.

MURCHISON (Likely finish 4-8)
Haven't lost anyone yet, and should get a few this year, but it might not enough to climb up the ladder further, but I hope I'm very wrong:thumbsu:.
========================================================
Stanhope (Likely finish 4-7)
I'm doing this to be different, but I think that it will depend so much on %, and I'm picking them to finish out of the finals for the first time in years, even though they can easily finish 4th.

Rushworth (Likely finish 5-8)
There's little difference between the Tigers & the three sides above them, but someone had to go 7th, and they're it.

Avenel (Likely finish 6-9)
Haven't heard much from the Swans, but they weren't that far off finals footy and with some good recruiting, they should enjoy some prize scalps at home, but may finish a game out.

Merrigum (Likely finish 6-9)
Again, another side that has the capability of knocking off the five sides above them, but depth could be a problem as the season goes, just like 2009.

Tallygaroopna (Likely finish 9-11)
Can't see them going much further than last year and unless they get a lot of recruits late, I can't see them doing much finals wise.

Ardmona (Likely finish 9-11)
Will be interesting to see how many go to Wunghnu this year, and how many they will pick up with a new coach, but I think it will be 2 steps forward and 2 steps back, but they should have an Under 18's side this year, this is a big plus for the future.

Girgarre (Likely finish 10-12)
Have picked up a few more players, and should be more competitive than last year, but not enough to seriously challenge the top to middle sides.

Longwood (Likely finish 12-13)
Longwood's first game will be against Undera away, and sadly I think that it won't get much better as the season progresses for the 'Legs, but they will win 2 games, push sides in 3-4 others, and won't be as bad as what some predict.

I think the backMAN you speak of tries to roam forward as often as possible Bodzy ;)

hahahahahaha, term wont like that, but everyone knows it

whats the go with some of the ridiculous amounts of money being splashed around at the minute? Merrigum paying a guy who has never played senior footy 300 a game, stanhope luring a guy out of retirement for 600-700 a game and offering another 300 a game who has played little senior football. Am i behind the times, is this the norm or over the top??

whats the go with some of the ridiculous amounts of money being splashed around at the minute? Merrigum paying a guy who has never played senior footy 300 a game, stanhope luring a guy out of retirement for 600-700 a game and offering another 300 a game who has played little senior football. Am i behind the times, is this the norm or over the top??

Who are Stanhope luring out of retirement??

Names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back