Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2002
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
aussie cricket team
kevin bartlett is the biggest hipocrit in the afl world,

1. he will not go back to the club when invited and even send his son to accept his team of the century recognition.:rolleyes:

but every time he sits down and talks about the club he has the audacity to use the word WE like its going out of fashion.

sit down kb bite the bullett and go back to the club or just cut all ties together.

Hopefully KB will dissect danny's press conference and ponder the following passage uttered from a man who has like himself been relegated to the dust-heap of unwanted coaches.

"It's a tough decision, but it's one that's going to be in the best interests for the Richmond footy club first, the players second and Danny Frawley third."

what if Kevin thinks that the best interests of the football club would be to build a strong united board and management team without just holding on to a silly notion that somehow he would be a saviour just by reappearing at a club function. It must have been a great pain he felt at the time , which we wouldn't understand. Don't be so harsh on a man who has in his life done far far more for the Richmond football club than all those knockers out there combined.

Originally posted by gohawx
what if Kevin thinks that the best interests of the football club would be to build a strong united board and management team without just holding on to a silly notion that somehow he would be a saviour just by reappearing at a club function. It must have been a great pain he felt at the time , which we wouldn't understand. Don't be so harsh on a man who has in his life done far far more for the Richmond football club than all those knockers out there combined.

Well said. If Bartlett never lifts a finger to help Richmond again, he's still done more than most.

Originally posted by The Candy Man
Well said. If Bartlett never lifts a finger to help Richmond again, he's still done more than most.

pardon the ignorance of richmonds history but what has kb done for them since his coaching days, he was a great player, and you can only coach the cattle you have.

but after the event your still yellow and black at heart, swallow some pride and go back to the club, its not dinner events or social gatherings. just show the spectators you give a damn about the rabble they call richmond.

The most overstated and over-rated issue in football.

What does it really matter if some ex-player doesn't want to get re-involved in the club he once played for? Is it because he's a media identity ?

Why isn't the same attention applied to Bruce Doull at Carlton, or Malcolm Blight at the Roos etc.. ?

Give it a break.

The vast proportion of true Tiger supporters don't really give a stuff, so why do so many others?

agreed with the notion that it really shouldn't be an issue.

Bartlett returning to Richmond isn't going to save that rabble at the moment.

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
Why isn't the same attention applied to Bruce Doull at Carlton, or Malcolm Blight at the Roos etc.. ?

There's no acriminous history to beat up into a story?

On one hand I can understand that he still holds grudges for the way he was Sacked as Coach...Even if it is a Bit Petty a more than a decade later, BUT I cannot understand why he chooses to boycott 'Team of the Century' dinners and Premiership reunions..

To me they are two seperate things and should be treated as such..

The commemorative functions are to Honour the careers of Tiger Greats....( Of which KB certainly IS One)

He continues to say..." I gave a lot of my Time to the RFC and I feel I have done my Part" .... Which essentially IS TRUE...... But it is this VERY time that the Tigers wish to honour... Not the fact that he was a Crappy Coach, who Unlike Danny frawley.......Didn't put the Club FIRST when the writing was on the wall...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's still a tigers man IMO.

on fox last night, whilst answering a question about richmond, he started his answer with "we" (richmond) & then abruptly changed it & continued with "they" (richmond).

so obviously still has a gripe with some-one or some-thing but a huge love for the tiges would remain.

Originally posted by dodgey
On one hand I can understand that he still holds grudges for the way he was Sacked as Coach...
Wasn't sacked as coach - his contract was not renewed. To me, it's more than a semantic difference.

But it's not a bbq stopper anymore.

He's made his choices, right or wrong and has stuck with them. Personally I believe he's being a bit silly - I think if nothing else there's a feeling behind the club and fans that it's been long enough, come on, climb back aboard.

Also though, he may be of the opinion (as I am) that it will be such a huge story it'll be detrimental to the club - being seen as going backwards rather than forward. Richmond should be more concerned with the current playing list, the next coach and a new CEO than getting KB to attend some functions. In a perfect world of course, he'd be there, as he is possibly the most famous of all Tiger players, or in the top 3 anyway.

Originally posted by mighty mick
pardon the ignorance of richmonds history but what has kb done for them since his coaching days, he was a great player, and you can only coach the cattle you have.

but after the event your still yellow and black at heart, swallow some pride and go back to the club, its not dinner events or social gatherings. just show the spectators you give a damn about the rabble they call richmond.

How much of his life do you want.
If 20 years is not enough for you then what will satisfy you.
KB is his own person and if he decides he won't go back so be it.
KB has every right to use the royal 'we' he gave that club he best years.

But I guess ignorance on your part is a fair excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

kevin bartlett r u or r u not a tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back