Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He works his arse off and like all small/medium forwards some days you're invisible and other days you kick 5. We've got 2 rippers in Shooter and Bobby
Some days early on he was asked to apply forward and defensive pressure. Between HF and HB.
He was great.
Last game around, up forward he kicked 4.
Different roles for different opposition.

The flow of effect when we get Checkers, Billy and potentially McStay back will be enormous on these guys that have had to carry a huge load
I think Shoota will be particularly pleased that he doesn't have to play CHF anymore

I think Shoota will be particularly pleased that he doesn't have to play CHF anymore

He can play tall (not as well as Medhurst once did or Elliott can) but he's not the #1 banana; it's asking too much of him.

I was losing enthusiasm about the trade but Lachie has proved me wrong. He makes the team stronger.

Won't be long before he wins the rest of us over. He has many "Collingwood" qualities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beau has been ordinary, with him being out Shoota comes back in, might make beau come back through the magoos, particularly if richards has a good game.

need the pressure through the roof. Especially the way our back 6 are defending like statues at the moment, suns sweeping ball movement was a real pickle on the weekend

A lot of armchair pundits moaning that we came out second best in the shooter/ginni trade. Let me say that after 18 rounds , Shooter has been up and down and from what I've seen of ginni at the Hawks, it hasn't been earth shattering. You can only judge this trade in a few years, not now, especially considering we've just had a once in a decade the injury crisis from hell. I'm sure Shooter will come good in a big way in the next couple of seasons.

A lot of armchair pundits moaning that we came out second best in the shooter/ginni trade. Let me say that after 18 rounds , Shooter has been up and down and from what I've seen of ginni at the Hawks, it hasn't been earth shattering. You can only judge this trade in a few years, not now, especially considering we've just had a once in a decade the injury crisis from hell. I'm sure Shooter will come good in a big way in the next couple of seasons.
All fair points absolutely. Unfortunately it will be this years draft that the true cost of the trade will be decided. We are in 12th & could fall further. I reckon we would reverse that trade right now in a heart beat. Hawks & freo probably can't believe their luck. Well Freo anticipated we would fall. hence them not wanting last years pick & sticking to their guns on this years. They played the game well & won the trade as of right now.

There wasn't a Shooter / Ginni trade.

Our 2nd highest goalkicker for the year (tied with Mihocek) with 19 goals. Has played his role and if half the team wasn't injured or playing like crap would have 25+ goals.
He has also been played as a pressure forward. Running between HF and HB in some games.
One of our best players.
Zero idea for many here.
So many toxic supporters posting garbage.

He was actually held all night for anyone who saw it live.

He still barely got near it, If that was Cameron he would have had 9 free kicks.

He has also been played as a pressure forward. Running between HF and HB in some games.
One of our best players.
Zero idea for many here.
So many toxic supporters posting garbage.

Has had some serious adversity in his personal life the last few years so think he’s done well and will only get better

First game with McStay in the team and yet to play with Checkers and McStay.

If and when we ever have our preferred forward line, I expect him to thrive.

Would love him to play on Saad this week.

First game with McStay in the team and yet to play with Checkers and McStay.

If and when we ever have our preferred forward line, I expect him to thrive.

Would love him to play on Saad this week.

Needs to do better then what he done this Season to say he was worth a 1st and 2nd Round Pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back