ripitup27

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2005
Your Place
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Chapman Express
Is anyone expecting a late change tonight? I just have this feeling Taylor will miss and Gamble will come in.

Taylor was awesome last week, but I just can't see who he'll play on tonight. Factor in the wet weather and the Gamblor playing well against the Dogs last time, I think things might change.

Whattayarekon?

I think you might be right. I also cant really see who he will play on. But i would be concerned with 3 changed leading into a prelim final. I glad its not up to me to make these decisions.

Taylor will play, in practice he's really our only tall defender.
Scarlett, Harley, Milburn can all play on any sized player, and with Harry in the side they can play on the small guys.

If there is no really tall guy in their forwardline, then Harry can sit on the bench, it's no big deal. But at some stage they will have a big guy down there so we'll need Harry.

In 2007 our backline was awesome because Egan took the big power forward, Scarlett took the goalsquare player, and Harley and Hunt took the smalls.
It worked perfectly, with all 4 of those guys crushing their opponents every week.
This year the Harley-bashers have come out criticising him for "zoning off" and not really playing close to an opponent the whole match, being the Jason Cloke if you will.
But that is just to protect Harry, being our main tall defender and only in his first year.
Scarlett struggles most with the really tall guys too.
Harley didn't do this in 2007 because we had Egan so we didn't need him too.

I think you might be right. I also cant really see who he will play on. But i would be concerned with 3 changed leading into a prelim final. I glad its not up to me to make these decisions.

100% agree with bolded part.

Do we really want to make 3 changes, and then make at least 2 next week by bringing Chappy and Taylor back in and if we suffer an injury tonight then theres another 3 next week. Its a bit risky playing around with the line up too much

Taylor will play, in practice he's really our only tall defender.
Scarlett, Harley, Milburn can all play on any sized player, and with Harry in the side they can play on the small guys.

If there is no really tall guy in their forwardline, then Harry can sit on the bench, it's no big deal. But at some stage they will have a big guy down there so we'll need Harry.

In 2007 our backline was awesome because Egan took the big power forward, Scarlett took the goalsquare player, and Harley and Hunt took the smalls.
It worked perfectly, with all 4 of those guys crushing their opponents every week.
This year the Harley-bashers have come out criticising him for "zoning off" and not really playing close to an opponent the whole match, being the Jason Cloke if you will.
But that is just to protect Harry, being our main tall defender and only in his first year.
Scarlett struggles most with the really tall guys too.
Harley didn't do this in 2007 because we had Egan so we didn't need him too.

Very, very good points. Starting to change my mind...

Not expecting a late change that includes Harry out. I beleive one of Kelly or Wojak wont come out and Gamble will come in.

Harry is in our bext 22, he plays. Espicially ready for a huge task next week should we come away with a victory next this week.

But at some stage they will have a big guy down there so we'll need Harry.

That's right. Will Minsion will spend time down forward, and when he does Harry can take him, while Scarlett sits on Welsh. Harry can go to the bench when Minsion is not down forward. Simple.

I don't know if they'll drop Harry, they'll need to stretch the Dogs forward line a bit and Harry has great mobility across half back. Plus it would be a dog act (pardon the pun) if they drop him for the Prelim after a sensational debut year.

I have a feeling Chapman is going to be a last minute in and his ruling out was just a tactic...Maybe it's just wishful thinking.:confused:

I don't know if they'll drop Harry, they'll need to stretch the Dogs forward line a bit and Harry has great mobility across half back. Plus it would be a dog act (pardon the pun) if they drop in for the Prelim after a sensational debut year.

I have a feeling Chapman is going to be a last minute in and his ruling out was just a tactic...Maybe it's just wishful thinking.:confused:

Chappy's not even named as an Emergency so i doubt there will be any funny business going on....Very much wishful thinking :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on how wet it gets......

if so....
OUT: H.Taylor
IN: D.Johnson/R.Gamble

unless there was serious injury, I don't think DJ will get another senior game at the cattery

That's right. Will Minsion will spend time down forward, and when he does Harry can take him, while Scarlett sits on Welsh. Harry can go to the bench when Minsion is not down forward. Simple.

Good call! Last thing we need is Minsion having a night out at out expense. Taylor playing on him allows Harley, Scarlett and co to run forward. Also recall back a few weeks where "H" went forward and kicked a nice goal. Gives us yet another tall option forward to stretch the Doggies backline. If it's wet it'll be hard to pry the ball from Jimmys hands all night anyway. Best wet trackker in the competition.

BALME: JOHNSON NOT IN DOUBT

Friday, September 19th, 2008 at 2:33 pm
BY ANDREW MAHONY
GEELONG Football Operations Manager, Neil Balme, has denied the speculation that forward Steve Johnson is in doubt for tonight’s cut-throat match against the Western Bulldogs.
Johnson had his lower back treated at training yesterday, but the club is not led to believe that it should be an issue.
“Problem we’ve got here, is when people have these (ideas), ‘Oh yeah I don’t think he’s right,’ and then they ask you to (answer),” Balme said.
“Whatever I say about it I’ll be wrong. I think he’ll be ok.”
“There’ll be no changes in our side.”

Have heard SJ might miss tonight because of a sore back or something along those lines on the news last night, missed training, will he be fit and firing tonight?

Also, Matty Stokes. There are rumours on the DT board about him battling with OP. I wouldn't think it'd be true, but if anyone could clear that up that would be great.

Have heard SJ might miss tonight because of a sore back or something along those lines on the news last night, missed training, will he be fit and firing tonight?

Also, Matty Stokes. There are rumours on the DT board about him battling with OP. I wouldn't think it'd be true, but if anyone could clear that up that would be great.

i think the general feeling around here (geelong board) is that Stokesy is in fact battling OP which may explain his contribution not being at it's best (while still good).

A friend of mine told me this morning that Harley and S Johnson may not play and Gamble and D Johnson will come in....I hope that is not true..
I'm guessing that your friend has either been reading the papers, reading the internet and/or watching the news.

I just spoke to him again just now, His words was." You dont have to believe me but you will see tonight". Harley and S Johnson out.

I am so @#$%^&* nervous now...

I just spoke to him again just now, His words was." You dont have to believe me but you will see tonight". Harley and S Johnson out.

I am so @#$%^&* nervous now...

sisko-facepalm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Late change...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back