Latest polls: "Labor faces wipeout"

Remove this Banner Ad

I do think those Morgan numbers should be concerning enough for the ALP, given what can only be described as a gutter-quality Coalition opposition at present.

Looking at this from an objective realpolitik perspective, I just don't see how the Libs could have got anywhere near as close as they are now if it wasn't for Rudd's cornucopia of assorted snafus, squibs and general spinelessness in a range of policy areas, bad strategy, and worse public relations efforts.

And apart from that, he's utterly squandered one of the greatest political opportunities the ALP have ever had. If Keating was at the helm last year, he'd have called the double dissolution as soon as the option was available and utterly destroyed the Coalition when that chance was there. And he'd certainly not have let Abbott control the argument and dictate the direction of almost every significant debate since that time.

But Rudd has displayed such utter lack of spine and willpower in so many ways...

I do think those Morgan numbers in themselves should be concerning enough for the ALP, given what can only be described as a gutter-quality Coalition opposition at present.

Looking at this from an objective realpolitik perspective, I just don't see how the Libs could have got anywhere near as close as they are now if it wasn't for Rudd's cornucopia of assorted snafus, squibs and general spinelessness in a range of policy areas, bad strategy, and worse public relations efforts.

And apart from that, he's utterly squandered one of the greatest political opportunities the ALP have ever had. If Keating was at the helm last year, he'd have called the double dissolution as soon as the option was available and utterly destroyed the Coalition when that chance was there. And he'd certainly not have let Abbott control the argument and dictate the direction of almost every significant debate since that time.

But Rudd has displayed such utter lack of spine and willpower in so many ways...

I agree. I honestly have never seen a bloke squander an advantage, in any sphere, as massively as Rudd has done.

If the Libs had anything approaching a decent alternative they would win, as it is they still might, provided Rudd continues on his apparently clueless decline. Surely someone in the ALP realises that they simply need to neutralise this issue and then they get 3 more years. Surely?

I assumed that was Richos message...

No he doesnt. As I thought your a twit.
Richo cant even get a lobbying gig in the NSW parliament. Says it all.

So he no longer has any interest at all in the ALP? No connections? Just talking completely out of his arse? Has no idea at all whats going on?

**** me, you probably believe that BB has no contact with Labor MP's since he has been blackballed?

C'mon Dip ....

So he no longer has any interest at all in the ALP? No connections? Just talking completely out of his arse? Has no idea at all whats going on?

**** me, you probably believe that BB has no contact with Labor MP's since he has been blackballed?

C'mon Dip ....
He may have an interest but the party at large has no interest in him. So yes he is talking out of his arse.
A minor player on the periphery but as I say there is no one in the NSW govt who has ANY dealings with him.
As for Brian Burke who cares, WA regional peasants board.

He may have an interest but the party at large has no interest in him. So yes he is talking out of his arse.
A minor player on the periphery but as I say there is no one in the NSW govt who has ANY dealings with him.
As for Brian Burke who cares, WA regional peasants board.

For Australias current and future economic wellbeing the "regional peasants" are of far greater significance than NSW....

I do think those Morgan numbers should be concerning enough for the ALP, given what can only be described as a gutter-quality Coalition opposition at present.

If Costello was in charge of the Libs the figures would have been worse for Krudd. But he's not and neither is Keating so let's just deal with what we have not what we'd like to have.

Talk about Morgan, wasn't he the one that several elections ago guaranteed a labor win, and even went so far as to say he's quit if he got it wrong. He did, he's still there and his figures are probably just as wrong now as they were then.

his figures are probably just as wrong now as they were then.

No, but that post did give me a laugh! Honestly, if you're going to take a shot, at least check the facts first.

Morgan was the most accurate of all polls at the 2007 Federal election on both TPP and primary votes.

Same goes for state elections before and since that time.

No, but that post did give me a laugh! Honestly, if you're going to take a shot, at least check the facts first.

Morgan was the most accurate of all polls at the 2007 Federal election on both TPP and primary votes.

That's why Rudd has been given a week to get his act together or face a challenge from Gillard that will see her as the first female PM.

Those polls are all wrong :rolleyes:

You just go on and hang your hat on that, the jerk is on the nose and I think you'll find Morgan will fall in to line.

Want to comment on his promise to resign

Richo was appointed message deliverer by the NSW Right. Usually its Stephen Loosely that has that spot on Sky (with John Hewson).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSW right is about all the support Krudd has, it may well kick him out in the next 10 days

Richo was very precise in what he said, and I got the feeling Keiran Gilbert had an idea what was coming.

However I can't see Julia going on her own. Just can't see it. Maybe if Smith does a Kevin Andrews...

But Krudd won't let 'em do it. Dippers should not be so scared about doing his $30K :D

On the other hand ...

Bruce Hawker in his regular Mon arvo Sky slot with Graham Morris.

Subdued doesn't begin to describe it. In fact, he sounded like he was talking about Rudd in obituary terms. So was Speers.

Normally Hawker is pugnacious when prosecuting the govts case. Last week he dropped bucket after bucket of shyte on Abbott in line with wot Govt ministers under Hawker/Brittain direction were doing after the Neilsen poll.

Today hardly a personal word on Abbott.

maybe it IS on?

NSW right is about all the support Krudd has, it may well kick him out in the next 10 days

Expect a patsy to challnge and when a spill is declared Julia will put her hand up. The plan will be to have her take over but the spill will be caused by someone else.

The only danger for the ALP is that Rudd decided to go see Quentin and call the election.

Just like your ''laugh at Jack Riewoldt''thread on Bay 13.....bwaha.:eek:

Some people create threads some people just follow. What are you John?

I just did a search for threads created by you and guess what, nothing came up! Two years on this site and nothing orginal to bring to the boards for discussion? Sounds like you are a person of deep thought and intellect.

Some people create threads some people just follow. What are you John?

I just did a search for threads created by you and guess what, nothing came up! Two years on this site and nothing orginal to bring to the boards for discussion? Sounds like you are a person of deep thought and intellect.
You have picked it one oh great fanboy,how did the pathetic Pies go today?:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest polls: "Labor faces wipeout"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back