Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

"AFL boss Andrew Dillon says the tribunal system is working efficiently to protect player safety - despite a pair of suspensions this week that sparked outrage from current and former players."

1721259619152.png

When was the last time she's spoken publicly to clarify something? Is it since that North/Pies issue? She needs to be given a "special project" and managed put of the AFL. Wasn't her prior work at North Melbourne too during the time they've basically been a rabble?
Last time she spoke publicly was to justify the non 50 metres against two Pie players blatantly running over the mark in the dying stages of the North game. Her explanation was the Pies players were confused so the correct call was made.

Farcical, no other player EVER has been allowed the confused excuse as a forgivable and non penalised reason for running over the mark.

The real truth is the umpire was scared, in front of a big Pies crowd, to ping the Pies players in the games dying moments as North would then have beaten them.

Everyone knows that's what happened, Kane blabbed an untrue statement to cover up the scared umpire incompetance, Pies now have one more win than they should have in chasing a finals berth.

Kane has to go, every day just more incompetance and bowing to pressure from the big Vic clubs.

When was the last time she's spoken publicly to clarify something? Is it since that North/Pies issue? She needs to be given a "special project" and managed put of the AFL. Wasn't her prior work at North Melbourne too during the time they've basically been a rabble?

She was Head of Football Operations from 2017-2021 at North. We made finals between 2014 and 2016 (including 2x prelims), and we went on to have four bottom 4 finishes between 2017-2021 lol

She was Head of Football Operations from 2017-2021 at North. We made finals between 2014 and 2016 (including 2x prelims), and we went on to have four bottom 4 finishes between 2017-2021 lol
So extremely successful.... In all seriousness how does this happen? If you are being protected now from the media for an issue you have your hands all over isn't that a vote of no confidence in your position?

She did nothing at North Melbourne.

Have two players ever successfully appealed 3 game bans in to no bans before?
Sanity has prevailed and it's karma that the thing that got them both off was the laws of the game. All week past players have said the fabric of the game is changing so good to hear that got them off. Now hopefully there's a resignation letter coming soon

Compare that to Brendan Gale's tenure at Richmond who apparently wasn't good enough for the top role at AFL house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare that to Brendan Gale's tenure at Richmond who apparently wasn't good enough for the top role at AFL house.

Blame Richard incompetent goyder for that. He was gonna put Kylie Watson Wheeler from Disney in too, at least Dillon wasn't that bad of a choice, but yes Gale would have been great as a fresh set of eyes.

Dillon didn't even restructure the over resourced AFL head office, didn't want the job, had to be talked into it. But yeah this all comes back Richard Goyder, he was the one that didn't like Gale, the worst chairman in Australian sport, has to go, he is pathetic at his job. At least Qantas and Rio tinto caught on.

Is anyone going to question her rise?

She did a glorified TAFE course with law at Vic Uni, got involved in an amateur women's club, somehow got a spot at North through a mate, and now is essentially de facto head of the AFL? she's 33!

Where did she come from? what's her background? she has no credentials. she speaks in total riddles and her weasel words end up showing her truth.

Extremely strange appointment.

Completely out of her depth.

She's a disaster as is Dillion. They are both PR machines except they can't deliver a message adequately.

The extra byes both screwed the fixture and competitive integretity, very forseeable but their head was too fair up their own arse to reconsider, even after all the backlash before it was official.

Last edited:
Way out of her depth.

You can't go giving free access to the NGA rort if you don't at the same time fix the farcical points table and get rid of the discount, they have to be done at the same time.

Way out of her depth
I totally agree; way out of her depth. Needs to be replaced ASAP. Goodnight & good luck.

Happy to help out, but I don't understand what she is talking about in that quote. I mean I understand all the individual words but just not in that context. What are green stats?
I am also older than Laura and I don't reckon I have ever used the term "trending" in any sentence ever.

being in the midst of a corporate career I think I can help out

behind the scenes, it would appear the bean-counting arm of the AFL have in-game statistics they wan't to incentivise, because they have a perception that these particular stats will be associated with fan engagement (ergo, fans handing over their cash). The stats themselves seem arbitrary & bizarre (i.e. high scoring, close games ... control?)

as a Tigers supporter who watched 3 premierships in a game-style described as 'chaos', I am pretty disturbed to see 'control' as one of these green stats (ngl, just fuels our S.Hocking theories!)

In and of themselves such metrics are pretty harmless. But watching 2024's version of the game, it is pretty clear back office are myopically focused on these secondary metrics, whilst they are allowing primary metrics (i.e. consistent adjudication, fairness, strong governance) to completely fall off the perch

I wanna say like 400-500?

I reckon thats light on, I would suggest more like a million.

Gill was on 3 million + a year, average Club CEO's are around the 600K mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back