Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - A Tie! Congratulations Papley and Heeney, equal worst!!!

Who was pathetic?

• Heeney

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Amartie?

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • Hipwood

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Horse

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Papley

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Blakey

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • McInerney

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final day brings many acolades to the victor, and bronx cheers to the loser - I dont know if they cheer that much in the Bronx?

But amongst the great players is one who is a complete spud - could be one who clangs and misses a match winning goal, or could be one who has the most time on ground for little to no impact...

But it's the most glorious day of the football year! Grand Final day, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a zero of himself by being crowned the 2024 Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

leondavismedalface2_zps1ad7d175 (1).jpg

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final.
There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Previous Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: Cody Weightman
2022: Gary Rohan
2023: Billy Frampton
2024: Tom Papley and Isaac Heeney

The Leon always brings out the trolling, melting and schaudenfreude (sort of means gloating). Plus it's something supporters of all clubs can be involved in.

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

Last edited:
Should be named The Gary Rohan Medal

My pick: Eric Hipwood

Charlie Cameron or Eric Hipwood

The award must be renamed the 'Leon-Rohan' medal. Gary was a better Leon than Leon himself was. Leon played one decent grand final - something Rohan never did. Let's honour that legacy.

Official Leon prediction: Cam Rayner - lock it in. As easy a prediction as if Gary Rohan himself was lining up on Grand Final day.

Runner up: Eric Hipwood. Will fall just short again.

Leon Encouragement Award: Brodie Grundy. Based on his inflated pay and the player he briefly was. Will be too busy against weak opposition to outright win the Leon, but he will gallantly underperform anyway

for the lions it has to be hipwood. seems to always be invisible for brisbane even when they play well

for the swannies.....i get the feeling one of their big three might just put in an absolute pants piss. gonna say heeney shits himself and gets done up by dunkley

I'm thinking Hipwood because his eyes are too close together, or Grundy because of his man-bun.

This is the perfect setting for Grundy to go from one of the premier players in the comp in the mid 2010s to sheer utter spudliness when it matters most. Looking for Rayner to soar over him at one point to really hammer it home.

I'd like to lock in Logan McDonalds thx & plz friendly mod team. This is a forwards medal IMO.

Darcy Fort was tempting but I'm not sure most people even know who he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dance party jeep GIF

Hipwood.

Could be Darcy Fort too

Hipwood & Amartey stand out like dogs bollocks here, but there's a dark horse contender staring us in the face - Hayden McLean.
I suspect Swans win and Hayden spends every reunion 'just happy to be there'

Ahh, the Rohan-Franklin medal…

Last year’s runner up (and moral winner) Yipwood, and Big Joke Daniherpes are the obvious frontrunners but I think Luke at me Parker could be a Smokey

The Collingwood melts last year when Frampton won were magnificent

Not as good as the geeLOL melts when Rohan won it over Franklin :$

Gary Rohan got a medal for actually playing

If by playing you mean being on the field then yes… Anyway that’s exactly why it should be re-named after him, in honor of his retirement

Hipwood/Mcdonald are likely candidates.

Watch one of them end up with the Norm. :$
Eric Hipwood can’t even win a Marcus Ashcroft medal, he has no chance of winning a Norm Smith medal lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - A Tie! Congratulations Papley and Heeney, equal worst!!!

Back