Leon rebirthed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark25Jackson

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2011
Kardinya Cafe
AFL Club
Geelong
**** he's good. people talking about Yarran, and he has had a great year, but Leon is a jet. HIm, Krakouer and Wellingham... for a club that never played an Aboriginal for decades... they are at the other end of the spectrum now. the brothers are a major reason the Pies are as good as they are.

I'd argue the opposite - That Leon is only playing as well as he is because of the players around him. Finals are where the best players shine, and "Neon Leon" has faded, year after year after year.

I'd argue the opposite - That Leon is only playing as well as he is because of the players around him. Finals are where the best players shine, and "Neon Leon" has faded, year after year after year.

I think thats just parroted halfwit commentator talk to be honest mate. In his first 2 GF years, he was young and wasnt on his pat malone in playing badly. Last year it wasnt just the GF he played bad. He struggled all year and when you really look at Leon last year, you realise he was shafted to a degree. In 2009, he was AA playing as a true mid. Last year, they played him in a completely different role, as a forward pocket. Right or wrong, its clearly not his spot. he needs to be able to get the footy, run and spot blokes up. Not work in a phone booth as the saying goes, and kick goals. This year, he is being played in a spot he can actually play and is staring accordingly. To say his teammates make him look better is incredibly ignorant and to be honest, dumb. He is playing amazing footy.

His field kicking is just incredible. Often gets gifted the ball by handball receives but why wouldn't you when he can pin point anyone anywhere within 50 metres on both feat?

Great move by Malthouse...

**** he's good. people talking about Yarran, and he has had a great year, but Leon is a jet. HIm, Krakouer and Wellingham... for a club that never played an Aboriginal for decades... they are at the other end of the spectrum now. the brothers are a major reason the Pies are as good as they are.

Wellingham is not an aboriginal, but neon is a gun!

Yarran is 20, lots of improvement in him so that's why people talk about him.

Leon was outstanding tonight and is now very close to AA selection. His poise and skill off HB is critical to Collingwood now and this kind of improvement from lesser players is why they keep on improving as a club.

Great move by Mick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think many thought this would be his last year but with the way he's going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays for a few more years. Absolute gun of a player. Genius move by Malthouse to move him to a position he is suited to much better. It's one of the many reasons we are better this year.

I think many thought this would be his last year but with the way he's going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays for a few more years. Absolute gun of a player. Genius move by Malthouse to move him to a position he is suited to much better. It's one of the many reasons we are better this year.

Correct. The frightening thing for other teams is that COllingwood have improved so much on last year.
*Krakouer has seriously added to the side. Those that laughed at and bagged his recruitment would be eating their words. His ability in close to work the footy to his teamates in tight space is amazing. His goal kicking is a bonus.
*Tarrant. You lose Presti, but upgrade for a quicker, better kicking, better marking version. Sickening.
* Ball. Better and fitter and his teamates now know his game better.
* Jolly. See Ball. Has been better again.

They'll take some beating...

And disappeared in September. My point stands.
actually he disappeared in late July, his form slumped at about Round 18 and never returned. Alleged to have been carrying an injury, which is why he played FP in the finals and not midfield, where he earnt AA honours.

BF typified.

He's had a good season but now after probably his best game for the season he's the best thing since sliced bread. Best ever back pocket to play the game, etc. Hasn't been as consistent as others like Scotland and co.

Not even close to his best game of the season tonight, and Scotland doesn't play back pocket.

Correct. The frightening thing for other teams is that COllingwood have improved so much on last year.
*Krakouer has seriously added to the side. Those that laughed at and bagged his recruitment would be eating their words. His ability in close to work the footy to his teamates in tight space is amazing. His goal kicking is a bonus.
*Tarrant. You lose Presti, but upgrade for a quicker, better kicking, better marking version. Sickening.
* Ball. Better and fitter and his teamates now know his game better.
* Jolly. See Ball. Has been better again.

They'll take some beating...

So true. Krakouer is just amazing. He's had a fairly consistent season I'd say. Some matches he's been quiet in but as a whole, he's been very very good. Tarrant was such a good replacement for Presti and with Nathan Brown getting injured, he fitted well into the side. Was glad to hear he was back at his original club. :)

Ball, well, what can you say? He had a great year last year and this year is, imo, his best season to date. Jolly has been good as well even though he's been injured for a few games this year.

The other thing with the side is that everybody is doing their job even better than last year. If players are injured, we have the depth to be able to replace them. Players like Rounds and Fasolo are doing their jobs very well. Fasolo is having a good debut season and there's still so much improvement with him I think and with Rounds as well. I mean, Collingwood last year was just amazing but, like you said, it's scary to think that they are even better than last year. :)

His field kicking is just incredible. Often gets gifted the ball by handball receives but why wouldn't you when he can pin point anyone anywhere within 50 metres on both feat?

Great move by Malthouse...
Agreed, I hate when people say a bloke like that gets easy possessions when in reality the team is clearly using him as a play maker because he disposals so freaking well.

Someone tell me how he wasn't BOG tonight?? (According to channel 7 who put him after Swan) Thought Swan was average how many of his 31 possies were uncontested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon rebirthed...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back