10_LewisMoss.jpg

DETAILS
JUMPER # 10
DOB 04/02/1992
HEIGHT 195cm
WEIGHT 80kg
BEGINNINGS 2007 Port Douglas Crocs & North Cairns

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-team/player-profiles/lewis-moss/

Moss, 18, joined the club from the Port Douglas Crocs as a Queensland Zone Selection player.He was a member of the AFL/AIS squad in 2008, represented Queensland in the Under 18 National Championships in 2009 and although he played just three games with the GC SUNS VFL side earlier this year, he showed enough to earn a two-year deal late in the season.

A key position prospect with quick, creative hands and plenty of raw ability, Moss joins Cairns-born Charlie Dixon and Hopevale-raised utility Rex Liddy as one of three Far North Queenslanders on the GC SUNS AFL list.

He's listed as a KP fwd, so I'd expect him to get some game time in the second half of '12 season. Let Day start at FF followed by Moss later on.

i reckon they would give him a few games tops. depending on how much size he puts on, he's still too skinny to hold down a kpf spot. might be his last season, who knows.

i reckon they would give him a few games tops. depending on how much size he puts on, he's still too skinny to hold down a kpf spot. might be his last season, who knows.

Cairns zone is GCs so expect the club to appease that zone by holding onto Dixon and Moss (Liddy released- he was never fit enuff).

I'm expecting Dixon to be converted into a ruckman (can't catch the ball) and if Moss can't bulk up he could be converted to a backline player. GC mustn't make the Lions mistake of ditching players cos they couldn't find a use for them - duh. (Draft Pk 8 Collier)

Thompson found his place in the backline and so could Moss. WE won't know until he trundles in first grade. Remember the raps on Dixon first few games - eventually dropped for lack of skills in chosen posi. What works in Ressies 'aint necessarily so' in firsts.

The mobile 190-195cm player is the way of the future. Its the Adam Goodes plan. Moss fits that description. Blood him later in year with half a dozen games. See how he stands up. Recalibrate/reposition and give him half a season in '13. Then he can be assessed.

Cairns zone is GCs so expect the club to appease that zone by holding onto Dixon and Moss (Liddy released- he was never fit enuff).

I'm expecting Dixon to be converted into a ruckman (can't catch the ball) and if Moss can't bulk up he could be converted to a backline player. GC mustn't make the Lions mistake of ditching players cos they couldn't find a use for them - duh. (Draft Pk 8 Collier)

Thompson found his place in the backline and so could Moss. WE won't know until he trundles in first grade. Remember the raps on Dixon first few games - eventually dropped for lack of skills in chosen posi. What works in Ressies 'aint necessarily so' in firsts.

The mobile 190-195cm player is the way of the future. Its the Adam Goodes plan. Moss fits that description. Blood him later in year with half a dozen games. See how he stands up. Recalibrate/reposition and give him half a season in '13. Then he can be assessed.

Really good comment.

Blokes of this height and athletic ability traditionally take 2-4 years to put on the beef so they can hold down a KP.

Assuming he shows enough desire and improvement then this kid will be starting to hit form when the Sun's window opens in 3-5 years.

Sure it would be fantastic if he was ready now, but that is unlikely. Most probable he has added some weight since it was last published.

Can you imagine if a few of these 195cm + boys are around the 90-95 kg mark in 3 years and are capable of playing down the spine.

Patience is a virtue, and Clayton and company know exactly what they are doing.

The short term pain will be worth the long term gain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was only a year and a half ago!!! WOW. Either Captain Falcon's judgement is way off or Dixon's improvement has been nothing short of exponential.

For awhile he couldn't catch anything. I remember he took his first clunk and Lynchy went on this tirade about how he just started wearing contacts, and even after then not much else happened.

Goes to show KPPs take time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back