Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

I think Baker is just being considerate. I don’t think waiting on the coach is a literal because Baker wants to only play under certain coaches. Far from it.

Imagine nominating Eagles and then a new coach says they want to hit the draft etc. Would then place Baker in an awkward spot.

I personally only see Baker to Freo if the new coach doesn’t wish to bring mature players in at all. Highly unlikely, but a small chance.
It also places Richmond in an awkward spot as it is not in our best interest to give up the same value that Fremantle can. By not nominating a club (or choosing Freo), Richmond can get better value than if he nominated us outright. I imagine it is also a sign that negotiations are ongoing.

It also places Richmond in an awkward spot as it is not in our best interest to give up the same value that Fremantle can. By not nominating a club (or choosing Freo), Richmond can get better value than if he nominated us outright. I imagine it is also a sign that negotiations are ongoing.

I reckon there’s a good chance Hawthorns F1 is the target for the Baker trade. The negotiation is probably around getting Hawthorn to give up two firsts and then who pays what back.

Getting the Graham compo to band 3 could be a huge factor in executing the trade.

On behalf of everyone on the WCE BF board, we hope you are right.
Wrong player for where we are at with our list build.
Again, If Liam Baker is brave enough to hang around your club and see through your sides rebuild, All power to him.

eagles chuck a 5 year deal at $600-$700,000 a year. So that's from 2025 until 2029 or if you make it a 6 year deal until 2030. West coast finish bottom 6 in 2026 and 2027. Then contend and make finals in 2028 onwards....

As bad as West coast are now, I can see them win a flag within 5 years.

as far as salary cap going up have to remember a lot of that just vanishes with automatic increases depedning on contract structures. SOme clubs and contracts have apparently managed to keep those out up to now, but a lot of that just disappears. Most players contracts are just going to bump inline with the increases

I reckon there’s a good chance Hawthorns F1 is the target for the Baker trade. The negotiation is probably around getting Hawthorn to give up two firsts and then who pays what back.

Getting the Graham compo to band 3 could be a huge factor in executing the trade.
If by some chance West coast make the stupid decision to give up hawks F1 for Baker then the Graham deal will have nothing to do with it, you'll already be getting overs. You Richmond supporters seem to think you're entitled to maximum return on every single outgoing player, trading doesn't work like that. If west coast have any sense they'll be offering our F2 and saying take it or leave it, because where we are at in our rebuild we aren't in a position to be giving up premium picks in a deep draft for a guy who may not even be around when we're challenging.

If by some chance West coast make the stupid decision to give up hawks F1 for Baker then the Graham deal will have nothing to do with it, you'll already be getting overs. You Richmond supporters seem to think you're entitled to maximum return on every single outgoing player, trading doesn't work like that. If west coast have any sense they'll be offering our F2 and saying take it or leave it, because where we are at in our rebuild we aren't in a position to be giving up premium picks in a deep draft for a guy who may not even be around when we're challenging.

I dare say Richmond would love that.

IIRC, Baker requested a trade if a fair deal could be made. This is the kind of offer that would have Richmond going back to him saying that no fair trade was on offer and convince him to stay for another year (or more) if they can ensure Freo wont offer much either.

There's no way West Coast shop Tom Barrass to get young talent in, only to turn around and use that pick on Liam Baker. Feel as though the talk of pick 10 being on the table is only as part of a package with Bolton.

Feel like Baker is going to find himself less of a priority than initially expected. Honestly wouldn't rule out him staying at Richmond.

All the talk of Baker being worth a pick in the teens sounds like Richmond fans think hes contracted or something.
Bailey Smith is supposedly going to Geelong for their 1st rounder(pick 15), Baker isnt even close to the value of Bailey Smith but for some reason the WA teams have to pay up a similar price?

Similar quality player to Schulz who went for what was thought to be a late 1st, but Baker isnt contracted. Should be a decent amount cheaper than pick 15-18ish

If Baker refuses a trade because pick 23 or wce f2 was the best offer the Tigers got well then he can stay, him being that delusional about his own value would be a big red flag for clubs potentially trading him in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this on Perth news?

Looks like country town reporting from the 90s.
No wonder WA supporters are so parochial when they get spoon fed this rubbish and know no better.
Hmm, I could've sworn the person posting the clip, and who mentioned it to begin, with is a Richmond supporter...

No wonder you blokes lap up Ralph's news like it's the nectar of the gods.

Hmm, I could've sworn the person posting the clip, and who mentioned it to begin, with is a Richmond supporter...

No wonder you blokes lap up Ralph's news like it's the nectar of the gods.
I’m not sure mate, I don’t really look at who a poster supports when responding to a post.

I just look at the content of that clip and it looks like it’s from 30 years ago.

We are all products of our environment, and if that’s what the commercial stations feed their people over in Perth, it goes some way to understanding some of their parochial little brother mentality and anti vic bias with anything you don’t agree with.

And I’m not sure why Jon Ralph is top of mind for you. Did he say something you didn’t agree with and now think it’s a biased view? Geez I wonder where you got that trait from???

I’m not sure mate, I don’t really look at who a poster supports when responding to a post.

I just look at the content of that clip and it looks like it’s from 30 years ago.

We are all products of our environment, and if that’s what the commercial stations feed their people over in Perth, it goes some way to understanding some of their parochial little brother mentality and anti vic bias with anything you don’t agree with.

And I’m not sure why Jon Ralph is top of mind for you. Did he say something you didn’t agree with and now think it’s a biased view? Geez I wonder where you got that trait from???
I'll give you a hint, their name is 'Tiger_Tough'.

Generally, reading a post after you quote it is a good idea.

We all understand that the Vic welfare state is jealous of everyone else that generates money for the national economy but there's no need to project your insecurities this much.

I'll give you a hint, their name is 'Tiger_Tough'.

Generally, reading a post after you quote it is a good idea.

We all understand that the Vic welfare state is jealous of everyone else that generates money for the national economy but there's no need to project your insecurities this much.
Why would I be insecure?
I don’t really give a shit about what state generates what for the economy.

It’s not a consideration or a care in my life. I’m not sure why it’s so important to you to raise it in a footy forum in a thread about Liam Baker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back