Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

If true, smart of the Dockers to offer pick 10 for Baker. We would have demanded it in a Bolton trade anyway, but can't if we've already got it 😂

Then on Baker's side you'd have him thinking "gee the Dockers must be really keen on me if they're willing to offer pick 10", which could possibly influence his decision on which club to pick.

Another tough one to guess. I think Baker is one of those players who is underrated by opposition fans just because he doesn't do the sexy jobs. Similar to Rowbottom for the Swans. He's not an A grade, but he does the jobs that allow the A graders in a team to shine. Brayshaw, Serong, and Young would really benefit from him and he's of an age that would be a good fit for the Dockers or would provide excellent leadership for the Eagles, depending on who he chooses.

Considering he's OOC his value is a bit lower than somebody like Bolton or Rioli who are both under contract, but I still think he's worth a late 1st/early 2nd

My prediction is a late 1st, with a pick in the 30's coming back.

Why would I be insecure?
I don’t really give a shit about what state generates what for the economy.

It’s not a consideration or a care in my life. I’m not sure why it’s so important to you to raise it in a footy forum in a thread about Liam Baker?
Because you're quoting a Richmond supporter and have a cry over people from WA.

Stop it, it's embarrassing.

I still think the logic of Eagles overpaying Graham to organse pick 22 as compensation and then going F2nd + 23 for Baker and 29 is the deal both sides want here if Eagles are involved

That deal would be equivalent of pick 16 for Baker which feels about right. We could go pick 13 by just doing pick 23 and Richmond giving us 39 + 47 back also so

Pick 22 + F2nd + 23 for Baker, 39 and 47

Something id love and laugh out loud over also would be.... Eagles give Jack Graham a 5 year 5.5 mill deal.... Richmond get pick 2.

Eagles trade pick 23 + F2nd for Shai Bolton + Liam Baker and 39

So all up it is Pick 2 + 23 + F2nd for Bolton, Baker and 39

Embarrassing? You’re the one bringing your states economy into a discussion about a footballer.

And don’t confuse ‘crying’ with taking the piss.
Cries about WA people, cries when called out.

Vine Ok GIF

I still think the logic of Eagles overpaying Graham to organse pick 22 as compensation and then going F2nd + 23 for Baker and 29 is the deal both sides want here if Eagles are involved

That deal would be equivalent of pick 16 for Baker which feels about right. We could go pick 13 by just doing pick 23 and Richmond giving us 39 + 47 back also so

If we overpay for Graham then why tf would be give them 2 more 2nd rounders?
Pick 23 or F2 + Graham overpay for Baker.

Tigers get 23+22 for Baker and Graham, thats overs for the pair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something id love and laugh out loud over also would be.... Eagles give Jack Graham a 5 year 5.5 mill deal.... Richmond get pick 2.

Done!

Sold, sealed and delivered

Another tough one to guess. I think Baker is one of those players who is underrated by opposition fans just because he doesn't do the sexy jobs. Similar to Rowbottom for the Swans. He's not an A grade, but he does the jobs that allow the A graders in a team to shine. Brayshaw, Serong, and Young would really benefit from him and he's of an age that would be a good fit for the Dockers or would provide excellent leadership for the Eagles, depending on who he chooses.

Considering he's OOC his value is a bit lower than somebody like Bolton or Rioli who are both under contract, but I still think he's worth a late 1st/early 2nd

My prediction is a late 1st, with a pick in the 30's coming back.
Baker doesnt do jobs like Rowbottom, hes a bit of a nothing player, hes ok on a flank and hes ok as a mid. Hes not a defensive player, hes just ok at everything, and he tries. Hes reliable and consistent but doesnt play the role you think he does.

Youd never pick him in your midfield over an actual mid, or an actual half-forward or whatever. Its like in every position youd almost rather a kid who is playing well in the WAFL to play as Baker isnt far enough ahead to hold them out, when considering age and prioritising development.
If he had a role he excelled in or if the Eagles were trying to contend and a utility player who could play multiple roles was what we needed id be ok with paying up but thats just not the case.

Id pay up for a guy like Rowbottom, those guys who do defensive jobs are super valuable, im not one to downplay their value.

queue the Tigers fans laugh reacts and responses, they know im right though ;)

Done!

Sold, sealed and delivered
Seriously both clubs can work this out so easily

We pay Jack Graham 5 year 5.5 mill. Richmond pay 2 mill of Shai Boltons salary, which effectively puts Graham on 5 year 3.5 mill deal. You pay 2 mill to get pick 2, we pay Graham a extra 1.5 mill more to get Bolton cheaper

Pick 2, 23, future 2nd and some pick upgrades in Richmonds favour for Bolton, Baker

Let’s do it

While this would be ideal for all clubs, I think you’ve highlighted the nature in which clubs choose to rort the system to their advantage.

The ridiculous salaries being offered to average footballers this year to get them across as free agents is an absolute joke. As it was last year with Ben Mackay.

It’s a real shame that club supporters are happy to keep or let go of their players based on the draft compensation they get.

The Battle compo is a great example. If he’s worth an end of first rounder then Saints supporters would want to keep him but will pack his bags if he nets them band 1.

No wonder players have little loyalty to clubs anymore and choose to break contracts, when their own fans would be happy to ship them off for a decent draft pick at the first opportunity.

Baker doesnt do jobs like Rowbottom, hes a bit of a nothing player, hes ok on a flank and hes ok as a mid. Hes not a defensive player, hes just ok at everything, and he tries. Hes reliable and consistent but doesnt play the role you think he does.

Youd never pick him in your midfield over an actual mid, or an actual half-forward or whatever. Its like in every position youd almost rather a kid who is playing well in the WAFL to play as Baker isnt far enough ahead to hold them out, when considering age and prioritising development.
If he had a role he excelled in or if the Eagles were trying to contend and a utility player who could play multiple roles was what we needed id be ok with paying up but thats just not the case.

Id pay up for a guy like Rowbottom, those guys who do defensive jobs are super valuable, im not one to downplay their value.

queue the Tigers fans laugh reacts and responses, they know im right though ;)
Someone you want in your best 23 but probably not your best 10-15

Talking to Matt Owies and the like is denting my confidence in them for sure
ok thats fair, I guess you gotta ask the question though haha.

Maybe Carlton are after one of our players and we are sussing out a player who is available on their list, hopefully the idea wasnt to spend a draft pick on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back