Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

What would you be prepared to trade for Warner if he was available? Id trade all 1st rounders in a second. Warner's also outstanding when resting forward. If we got him we could play him wherever JL thinks he would benefit the team the most. Eg Onball, wing or forward or rotating in all three positions every game.
There's a different thread for that 😀

Why? Seems like he asked Freo and they said "I have no idea what he is talking about" then asked his Manager who said "we asked what Richmond wanted and they said no chance, we want you"

Doesn't seem that crazy given where you'll be at the next few years
Or nothing ever happened and a Jurno just making things up to get clicks

Or nothing ever happened and a Jurno just making things up to get clicks
The trouble these days, is that reporters and by extension media outlets are all competing to get news and to get it out there first.

So you get to a stage where Tim Gossage reads out a tweet from a listener like he did with Curtin and it gets traction.
Next thing you know, Fox run with it on The Mid-week Tackle.

It's like when The Western Australian newspaper runs with a headline from an outraged plonker from Facebook.

It's bloody ludicrous.

The trouble these days, is that reporters and by extension media outlets are all competing to get news and to get it out there first.

So you get to a stage where Tim Gossage reads out a tweet from a listener like he did with Curtin and it gets traction.
Next thing you know, Fox run with it on The Mid-week Tackle.

It's like when The Western Australian newspaper runs with a headline from an outraged plonker from Facebook.

It's bloody ludicrous.
It’s because there’s zero blow back when it all gets proven to be incorrect

No one ever calls them out on it so why not just keep peddling bullshit?

They stopped being journalists and started being opinion posters because an opinion can’t be wrong (and also doesn’t need to be fact checked)

If he goes then it's to Freo.
Freo about to potentially open their window IMO
Baker adding to that just adds to that potential flag.

Baker to W.C no way, bad fit for where they are in their list building cycle.
They need to rebuild through the top end picks of the draft for at least a couple more years. He is not what they need yet, a few more years up the track then a player similar type/profile would be perfect, just not this off-season though.

Freo will cough up a 1st for Baker. One of Coll, Ports or their own.

It depends on salary expectations Baker has. We have a free cap. Fremantle not so much

Wait a minute....

So freo loses a few players in the 2022 trade period such as logue, Lobb and Acres and your saying freo has no money to fit Baker under the Salary cap?

Salary cap this season is 17 million. Salary cap in 2025 is 17.7 million.

Players on $300-$500,000 a year get traded or delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best scenario for everyone would be for Baker to sign a one year deal with us and leave as a free agent next year.
I agree....

He turns 28 next season too. he can score a decent 3 or 4 year deal. He can stay at Richmond or look at both WA clubs.

West coast could finish with 7 or 8 or 9 wins in 2025 with some upward improvement.

No it doesnt

PSD is not an option for Baker
If he wants eagles then that means the eagles would have a very juicy deal for him and the onus is then on the eagles to get the deal done as they are the ones chasing a player and committing to getting a deal don

Teams dont burn players the commit to

If you make the offer then you get the deal done
I agree.

Baker doing a PSD option wont happen. It would bite either WA side years down the track if Richmond wanted to grab a Victorian player from the dockers or eagles.

Again... I rather Baker sign a 1 year deal to become a free agent.

Its more likely A kamdyn McIntosh joining Freo on a 2 or 3 year deal this season as a free agent.

I agree.

Baker doing a PSD option wont happen. It would bite either WA side years down the track if Richmond wanted to grab a Victorian player from the dockers or eagles.

Again... I rather Baker sign a 1 year deal to become a free agent.

Its more likely A kamdyn McIntosh joining Freo on a 2 or 3 year deal this season as a free agent.
Firstly i dont think Baker would have any interest in signing a 1 year deal as there is no benefit for him to do that and only a risk if he gets injured or freo change their mind.

Freo can also take McIntosh as a free agent and Richmond would love they ;)
And just to we keep both WA teams happy Eagles can take Jack Graham as a free agent :p

* Come to think of it just maybe Eagles could offer both McIntosh & Graham good enough deals for Richmond to get 2nd round picks for both and we can let Baker go for their 2nd round pick

Firstly i dont think Baker would have any interest in signing a 1 year deal as there is no benefit for him to do that and only a risk if he gets injured or freo change their mind.

Freo can also take McIntosh as a free agent and Richmond would love they ;)
And just to we keep both WA teams happy Eagles can take Jack Graham as a free agent :p

* Come to think of it just maybe Eagles could offer both McIntosh & Graham good enough deals for Richmond to get 2nd round picks for both and we can let Baker go for their 2nd round pick
1st of all isnt Jack Graham South Australian? Yep from North Adelaide in the SANFL.

I always rated Kamdym McIntosh as a solid rotation player lke Liam Baker. McIntosh had a solid game vs the crows on the weekend.

Point is Guys like McIntosh and Baker are blokes Freo dockers should target. Both blokes are solid WA blokes that have won finals and Premierships at richmond.

Mcintosh turns 31 in April of next year. So what? Bloke would be handy for freo for 2 or 3 years.

Baker is decent. But would baker at 28 in 2024 be willing to spend 4 or 5 years on the eagles list trying to help the eagles?

1st of all isnt Jack Graham South Australian? Yep from North Adelaide in the SANFL.

I always rated Kamdym McIntosh as a solid rotation player lke Liam Baker. McIntosh had a solid game vs the crows on the weekend.

Point is Guys like McIntosh and Baker are blokes Freo dockers should target. Both blokes are solid WA blokes that have won finals and Premierships at richmond.

Mcintosh turns 31 in April of next year. So what? Bloke would be handy for freo for 2 or 3 years.

Baker is decent. But would baker at 28 in 2024 be willing to spend 4 or 5 years on the eagles list trying to help the eagles?
Baker is 26 years old and has min 5 years and could play 7 years

Wouldnt give McIntosh more than 2 years

Graham is a pro and would move anywhere he is not a go home type of guy imo

Tim Taranto gives you 8/10s each week, Shai will fluctuate between 3s and 11s.

Based on last couple of seasons probably Tim.
That surprises me that you would say that because Tim Taranto would clearly not fit into Freo with Serong & Brayshaw.
Whereas Shai would be perfect in Freo's forward line rotating in as a speedy mid.

Given the criticism of opposition supporters of Taranto the last couple of years it does surprise me now that someone would prefer him over a talent like Shai.

Baker is 26 years old and has min 5 years and could play 7 years

Wouldnt give McIntosh more than 2 years

Graham is a pro and would move anywhere he is not a go home type of guy imo
Well Jason Torney Came From South Adelaide, Played for richmond and then was traded to the crows at the end of his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back