Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Brodie Grundy, Griffin Logue, Rory Lobb, Jye Caldwell are some examples in last 3 years.
Well we know why Swans got Grundy cheap, that's not relevant here. Logue was not only bundled up with another player but they were also traded for multiple picks, also not relevant here. Lobb was 4 years, so at least 2 years shorter you'd think (and he's a spud), Caldwell was also 4 years....

Well, Hopper's permanently injured and anyone could tell your team was on the decline.

WCE topped up a bloke who almost won a Brownlow for a final shot at a flag, whilst Richmond brought in 2 blokes(one who has chronic injury issues) right when they should've been looking to start a rebuild instead.

If WCE did the Kelly trade in 2021, that'd be a whole different discussion.
As a neutral, I recon you both stuffed up big time topping up.

You guys are arguing over which shit tastes better.

As a neutral, I recon you both stuffed up big time topping up.

You guys are arguing over which shit tastes better.
Taranto and Hopper are straight out of the Mitchell and O'Meara playbook for sure. There is an argument that Richmond started rebuilding earlier than Hawthorn, in no short part due to injuries, but I think it's too early to say whether Richmond truly stuffed up on those trades.

Two players don't determine the future of a club, I think we paid relatively fair value for both and they should both be performing for several years - enough to be part of the rebuild.

Basically, I don't think we sacrificed the long term for the short term by bringing Taranto and Hopper in.

Taranto and Hopper are straight out of the Mitchell and O'Meara playbook for sure. There is an argument that Richmond started rebuilding earlier than Hawthorn, in no short part due to injuries, but I think it's too early to say whether Richmond truly stuffed up on those trades.

Two players don't determine the future of a club, I think we paid relatively fair value for both and they should both be performing for several years - enough to be part of the rebuild.

Basically, I don't think we sacrificed the long term for the short term by bringing Taranto and Hopper in.
I was in that stage in Year 2 of the Kelly trade

Year 4 will be a rough one for you

Well we know why Swans got Grundy cheap, that's not relevant here. Logue was not only bundled up with another player but they were also traded for multiple picks, also not relevant here. Lobb was 4 years, so at least 2 years shorter you'd think (and he's a spud), Caldwell was also 4 years....
Dawson got 5 years - pick 18.

But but but Kelly was older when you recruited him

But but your team was older and more reliant on its old players

But Vic bias

...****
The good thing in a way is the picks we traded were fricken shithouse. Geelong ended up with nothing back once they used those picks. I believe all of those they picked have been delisted already

For Jacob Hopper for example you gave up one of Daniel Curtin or Nate Caddy in reality. Caddy is MUCH more valuable then Hopper already

The good thing in a way is the picks we traded were fricken shithouse. Geelong ended up with nothing back once they used those picks. I believe all of those they picked have been delisted already
They haven't...ones running around in a top 5 WA team in fact.

For Jacob Hopper for example you gave up one of Daniel Curtin or Nate Caddy in reality. Caddy is MUCH more valuable then Hopper already
LOL is it the 10 touches or the 30% efficiency whilst playing only against bottom feeding teams that gave you this thought? 😁

Easy to rationalise based on outcomes of those picks, but I don't think it's the best way to compare. Plus it's all speculation until a few years down the track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles will 100% make an offer that at least matches Freos.

Easy trade for Freo if he goes there unless they have Warner or Bolton on the hook.

A few different of ways to get the trade done if he decides to go home and picks the Eagles.
-Eagles can Split the first round pick (depends how they rank the draft)
-If Barrass does get traded (which I think he will and Eagles will get ‘overs’)
-Bundle the 2nd round picks.

A lot to unfold but if he leaves. he will get traded to what ever club he picks.
He's an uncontracted player, there is no universe we split a top 3 pick for him or give up what we get for Barrass because in that case we would just keep Barrass. He will go for our 2nd and change if we get him.

He's an uncontracted player, there is no universe we split a top 3 pick for him or give up what we get for Barrass because in that case we would just keep Barrass. He will go for our 2nd and change if we get him.
I’m glad you have this view of uncontracted players.
Will make it easier for you to accept what you get for Harley Reid in a couple of years time.

I’m glad you have this view of uncontracted players.
Will make it easier for you to accept what you get for Harley Reid in a couple of years time.
Supply and demand mate, it is what it is. If richmond refuse to trade him for what we offer then he can go to the PSD and you guys can pick him up again if you finish below us and are so inclined to do so.

Reid either stays or we will be heavily compensated for the most valuable asset in AFL.

Supply and demand mate, it is what it is. If richmond refuse to trade him for what we offer then he can go to the PSD and you guys can pick him up again if you finish below us and are so inclined to do so.

Reid either stays or we will be heavily compensated for the most valuable asset in AFL.
Nah I’m just calling out your inconsistencies.
But one thing we will probably both agree on is that the players are probably more valuable to their current teams than the draft compensation they will get if they request a trade.

George Costanza Fighting GIF

Feel like a watch this space view of this is

Eagles sign Tim English as a free agent
Eagles trade Bailey Williams + pick upgrades for Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back