List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we better brining in a mid and playing Rozee more forward or bringing in a forward?

I've been thinking a lot this week about Heeney and how he might be the model we should be using for Rozee. More forward.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rozee and Heeney very different players. Heeney is a key marking target, and swans do everything to get him 1 on 1 cause he is that bloody good.

Rozee absolutely would make a great half forward, with speed and spread - that gets in the middle from time to time.

I reckon Bergman would be worth a shot in the middle (not the wing). And could provide a marking target like how the swans use Heeney

Rozee and Heeney very different players. Heeney is a key marking target, and swans do everything to get him 1 on 1 cause he is that bloody good.

Rozee absolutely would make a great half forward, with speed and spread - that gets in the middle from time to time.

I reckon Bergman would be worth a shot in the middle (not the wing). And could provide a marking target like how the swans use Heeney
In the a prelim live, Heeney’s athleticism was amazing to watch.

Well I was more referring to Cumming going to across with increased offer. Peeryman to Pies with bigger offer, Pies offering more to keep Richards.

In relation to Houston pick 2 alone I’d snatch it. Pick 10 I’d want another first round pick.

People can’t talk him more down all they like, he’s a magnificent player and worth it, North would be a good fit, they will surely rise next year and beyond.
I’d do 2 & 22 for Houston and F1

Someone who's a better small forward than McEntee, FEvans and Narkle
Richards - Some guy who won a few mail medals in a country Vic league so Stinkers thinks he's better than anyone in the SANFL.

Hinkley :eggplant:💦

To be fair he looks OK but guaranteed to be depth we pay a premium for.

Last edited:
Some guy who won a few mail medals in a country Vic league so Stinkers thinks he's better than anyone in the SANFL.

Hinkley :eggplant:💦

To be fair he looks OK but guaranteed to be depth we pay a premium for.
He would play ahead of the 3 names I mentioned. Gives Barrett time to ease into Senior footy while if there are any form slumps in DBJ, Rioli or SPP then we can make changes without dropping in quality as much as we are right now. Tbh I'd even have him ahead of Mead with SPP back to playing Mead's role and Richards taking the FEvans/McEntee spot.

He would play ahead of the 3 names I mentioned. Gives Barrett time to ease into Senior footy while if there are any form slumps in DBJ, Rioli or SPP then we can make changes without dropping in quality as much as we are right now. Tbh I'd even have him ahead of Mead with SPP back to playing Mead's role and Richards taking the FEvans/McEntee spot
He's only played 9 games and he'll be 25 at the beginning of next season. Too much risk imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph: Saints will likely offer a mid-draft future pick for Ivan Soldo, and could end up trading their future second pick with the Power’s future third pick.
But the trade value of mid-tier rucks is usually about pick 40-50 and he is due around $500,000 for each of the next two seasons, so they would let him go given Dante Visentini is a solid back-up.
The Power will secure Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius on a deal rival contender Adelaide believes is seven years at $1 million a season.
Collingwood believes it is in the box seat to secure childhood Pies fan Harry Perryman as the Giants face the prospect of losing two academy players and a true Western Sydney graduate in coming weeks.
The Pies are increasingly confident they have made a case that Perryman can play multiple positions, including midfield, to a player who is pigeonholed as a halfback at the Giants. Perryman also hit it off with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley, but the long-term Port Adelaide coach might not be at the Power past 2025.

He's only played 9 games and he'll be 25 at the beginning of next season. Too much risk imo.
He's only played 9 games because he was drafted 2 years ago, not because he isnt good enough. Was a mature aged pick and we'd be stupid to not get him and retain FEvans, McEntee and Narkle instead.

He's only played 9 games because he was drafted 2 years ago, not because he isnt good enough. Was a mature aged pick and we'd be stupid to not get him and retain FEvans, McEntee and Narkle instead.
We would need to give a pick in the 30's for a 9 game small forward who while being a probable upgrade on the 3 names mentioned there is no guarantee he will get any better. Also our players have to operate in a Hinkleyball forward line. I'm not saying he isn't better I'm saying we'd have to pay too much and there are no guarantees he'll get better and I could see him quietly delisted at age 29. And the 3 names you mention we have paid nothing for.

I'd rather go to the draft.

We would need to give a pick in the 30's for a 9 game small forward who while being a probable upgrade on the 3 names mentioned there is no guarantee he will get any better. Also our players have to operate in a Hinkleyball forward line. I'm not saying he isn't better I'm saying we'd have to pay too much and there are no guarantees he'll get better and I could see him quietly delisted at age 29. And the 3 names you mention we have paid nothing for.

I'd rather go to the draft.
Obviously every deal depends on the value, I don't think this particular one will be in the 30s. If he picks us, I'd say we hold a stronger hand in the negotiations because he's out of contract and we would've given him a best 22 spot which Collingwood can't because of their fleet of small forwards.

Our best case scenario is Narkle or FEvans get picked up by another club due to their UFA status and we get a 3rd round pick compo which we can on-trade or use to trade up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back