Lleyton "Rocky" Hewitt 2008 Aussie Open Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Again its the media that write this not him and also while it was the first time hopefully you were equally outraged by todays paper calling Casey Dellacqua an 'Australian Treasure'. The fact I don't agree with that should I hold it against Casey?
Media are hypocrites and constantly write garbage especially Herald suns,Mark Robinson and Scott Gullan.What they know about tennis you could write on the back of a postage stamp.Sadly though for once they got it right she is a national treasure and Hewitt is a f-c-w-t who has been put on a pedestal by the media as a little Aussie battler and a great competitor when he has constantly carried on like a spoilt brat and been an embarrassment to Australia as far as the way our Sportspeople have conducted themselves over time.Pat Cash could have his outbursts and be bad tempered because he was a fierce competitor but was quite a good sport all things being equal but Hewitt is in a league of his own and has no respect from his peers or the people who have a belief of how sport sould be played.Compete hard, fight to the death but be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

What's with all the Hewitt Bashing...
I know that everybody is entitled to their opinion but i think that we need to give Lleyton credit on an absolutly fantastic win.
He may be ignorant and a bastard on and off the field at times but now is the time that we need to show a bit of appreciation for our only man left in the tournament.
Well done :thumbsu:

Lol Hewitt cant even beat the 216th ranked player in the world in straight sets or even comfortably and misses multiple rally shots that should never be missed.

As long as Baghdatis recovers fine from last night Hewitt should be bundled out in straight sets.

I guess you also think the Tigers can finish 15th this year??
Nice tipping sunshine.....go Rocky! C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad i started this thread. I knew we were set for a couple of big weeks!

GO GET EM ROCKY...C'mon!:thumbsu:
What do you mean a couple of big weeks, credit where its due, was a great win, but will be all over tomorow.
No hope againt Novac

Baghdatis to smash the black hater in 3.

Lol Hewitt cant even beat the 216th ranked player in the world in straight sets or even comfortably and misses multiple rally shots that should never be missed.

As long as Baghdatis recovers fine from last night Hewitt should be bundled out in straight sets.

Hewitt would struggle to beat Justine Henin ATM, never mind a fit Baghdatis... Justine hits the ball harder than Lleyton.

Assuming Marcos recovers after last night's cracking match against Safin... this one will be no contest.
haha

why u all insulting the rocky phenonemum by calling a hissy chucking she boy called hewitt rocky. he aint no rocky. he is more of a pam shriver if anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a good win by Hewitt last night, anyone who has a clue about tennis would say that. Thought overall his behaviour was not too bad.

The previous matches Bagdatis had played took their tole and I'd say last night's match would have on Hewitt. I hope he wins his 4th round but fear he could struggle.

I'm tipping Hewitt tonight, i think that if he's done all he can in preparation and relaxation then he'll be a genuine chance tonight.
Sure Novak hasn't lost a set as of yet but i think this is his toughtest match yet.
The crowd will be on Hewitt's side and i think Hewitt finally has hunger for success again. Should be a good match, i'm looking forward to it.

Don't underestimate "the eye of the tiger". I think Rocky is in for a big one tonight....C'MON! Rocky in 4

Rocky was actually in 6, although not all of them are worth watching. Not many underestimate Eye of the tiger, its one of the better songs in movies, don't know why tonight would be a big rocky night, perhaps you got Rocky Balboa on Blu Ray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lleyton "Rocky" Hewitt 2008 Aussie Open Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back