Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what the plan's are for Morris & the Bird Boys ?

Morris playing in ACT don't know about Bird's.
Also heard Tony Bellenger to coach Avoca in MCDFL.
And regarding earlier post Shane Gilchrist has gone cold on Ass. Coach job at north bendigo because wife wont let him!!!!

What are the ground conditions like at the moment out in the Loddon Valley?? Besides dry and hard... Any clubs have the ability to water their grounds???

What are the ground conditions like at the moment out in the Loddon Valley?? Besides dry and hard... Any clubs have the ability to water their grounds???

Played cricket at Calivil last week and the outfield was pretty dry but still grassy, while the centre wicket area was green and lush. Then after the game the sprinklers went straight on! Haven't seen that for ages!

Played cricket at Calivil last week and the outfield was pretty dry but still grassy, while the centre wicket area was green and lush. Then after the game the sprinklers went straight on! Haven't seen that for ages!

Yeah the Calival ground is looking O.K, green patches and it is lush. Only prob with it is the holes left by kangas and rabbits, and getting changed in the tin shed that can reach 40+ plus. How'd Goornong go wildcard?

heard shevlin to n/bridge also burchill from e/hawk to be Ass. coach at n/bridge and that Serp have signed a couple but no names as yet.

P/hill have lost Morris, two Marcashini's?, Gilchrist Ass. Coach at North bendigo and going with him are Gillett, Greenwood and some depth players. I didn't know about the Bird's but no lost because Peter Bird lost the grand final for them.
Yes YCW have recruited, I dare say you have not seen Webb play!!! Have not much about any other side except bridgewater, Ashman to play at South Bendigo.

I keep reading about players leaving HDFL and playing LVFL. Standard wise why would players leave and go if the standard was poorer as I keep reading......and dont say dollars because both leagues have enough coin to retain players they need.

Who wins HDFL vs LVFL??

I keep reading about players leaving HDFL and playing LVFL. Standard wise why would players leave and go if the standard was poorer as I keep reading......and dont say dollars because both leagues have enough coin to retain players they need.

Who wins HDFL vs LVFL??

watched both leagues this year and i reckon the top sides in the heathcote league would EASILY account for sides in the loddon valley. EASILY

watched both leagues this year and i reckon the top sides in the heathcote league would EASILY account for sides in the loddon valley. EASILY
I think you are been a bit rough on calivil there weed, they way they gell as a team and play together should not be underestimated as they easily accounted for a more talented marong side a couple of years ago that had wayne landry, fox lancaster, sammy milner, glenn stewart who would all be superstars in the hdfl

I think you are been a bit rough on calivil there weed, they way they gell as a team and play together should not be underestimated as they easily accounted for a more talented marong side a couple of years ago that had wayne landry, fox lancaster, sammy milner, glenn stewart who would all be superstars in the hdfl

Heathcote league wins easily for mine better standard, better following and facilities I believe but needless to say it still takes a good team to win the LV flag so its not taking credit from them.
Why have guys changed leagues if the Heathcote league is better??

Webb has crossed from Mounts after 2 flags to be assistant coach at Y.C.W so i would say the lure is the new challenge in a coaching role while another is Jay Kingdom who has toiled hard with a struggling North Bendigo side for the past few season and has also joined Y.C.W who are set to be on the pace so that would part of the reason there.

Heathcote league wins easily for mine better standard, better following and facilities I believe but needless to say it still takes a good team to win the LV flag so its not taking credit from them.
Why have guys changed leagues if the Heathcote league is better??

Webb has crossed from Mounts after 2 flags to be assistant coach at Y.C.W so i would say the lure is the new challenge in a coaching role while another is Jay Kingdom who has toiled hard with a struggling North Bendigo side for the past few season and has also joined Y.C.W who are set to be on the pace so that would part of the reason there.

Spot on On the Money. I have played in both leagues in the past and find the only diiference being that the heathcote league is more physical. Which could have something to do with sides like Broadford and North Bendigo playing a more physical brand of football. Where in the loddon valley league there are no real sides that play that physical brand of football.

Comparing leagues is just silly. I'm from the HDFL and I do think it is stronger but I've only seen 3 LVFL games in my life (they were all Calival in the last 2 years though) and both leagues have players that would be stars in the other league but I feel the HDFL has better depth and the sides are more even with exeptions to Huntly and even North gave a few of the top sides a run for their money. But then again I havnt seen all the sides in the LVFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing leagues is just silly. I'm from the HDFL and I do think it is stronger but I've only seen 3 LVFL games in my life (they were all Calival in the last 2 years though) and both leagues have players that would be stars in the other league but I feel the HDFL has better depth and the sides are more even with exeptions to Huntly and even North gave a few of the top sides a run for their money. But then again I havnt seen all the sides in the LVFL.

Well if youv'e seen Calivil thats the best they have got as they have played in the past 5 grand finals.

Heard rumour that Charlie Smythe is new coach of Calivil?? Can anybody confirms this rumour, if is true a would think a backward move for a highly performed club.

why is tha a bacwards move bobbill???? the bloke snagged around 70 goals in a team that only managed three wins for the year. he may be in his mid thirtie's, but it seems he still has something to give

why is tha a bacwards move bobbill???? the bloke snagged around 70 goals in a team that only managed three wins for the year. he may be in his mid thirtie's, but it seems he still has something to give

I dont disagree with the goal kicking but he would be past mid 30's and would have to be at least 37 or 38. Doesnt mean he cant coach though and he may still need a good player to hold him.

YCW still has plenty of dads army running around but they still continue to get the ball as well and they are competitive. Probably more so this year.

I dont disagree with the goal kicking but he would be past mid 30's and would have to be at least 37 or 38. Doesnt mean he cant coach though and he may still need a good player to hold him.

YCW still has plenty of dads army running around but they still continue to get the ball as well and they are competitive. Probably more so this year.
charlie would still dominate in the lvfl there arent a lot of big full backs running around plus they would have a lot of other good players in that side showing that they have won the last four or five gfs the only down side would be if he didnt get it kicked to him he may crack the pooyes like when he was asst atnorth

Who are the big ins and outs from each club so far.

Sounds like P/Hill have lost their core players with Morris and the two Birds leaving, maybe they missed the boat this year. YC seem to be recruiting numbers but no big name players. Newbridge, Marong, Inglewood & Serp, hasn't been too much talk and while Calivil and Bridgewater don't have coaches you wouldn't expect them to be recruiting too well.

You definitely have not seen Webby play. He will be a premier onballer in the LVFL. If the season gets underway!!!

As for those comparing the leagues, and some saying it is hard it is not. Calivil would be competitive due to good teamwork and tall forwards and Pyramids team from last year would have been handy, but for overall depth the teams in HDFL are much better. Any of the top five would be better.

Galloping gasometer who YCW's plenty of dads army?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back