Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuine question. Would the AFL step in and assist with "ambassadorial" payments.

North just can't afford to lose him. Especially if it's McKay, Zurhaar, LDU in consecutive years.
Probably not, not a area they are trying to expand into.

Last edited:

Disagree that the Tassie team will hurt Norths rebuild. North will have access to a lot of top end talent before the draft is compromised by the Tassie draft concessions.

It’s the clubs that are in the older bracket in terms of their list that will suffer the most because that’s when they will be down the bottom.
Good Point...

I think By 2027, North should be fine.

People in 2010 said the Tigers were as bad as 1995-6 Fitzroy.

Tigers drafted well in 2007-9, So did the crows as well drafted good kids in 2007-9.

Both teams made grand finals in 2017.

You'd think multiple clubs would be asking the question. Would obviously fulfil a need staying at North but could also see him fitting in well at Giants, Saints, Hawks, Geelong and Collingwood.

Adelaide need to get to work here.
Good luck stopping Dawson, Rankine, LDU and Soligo in full flight.
LDU visits his mother in Rye almost weekly, I’m told.
If you weren’t aware he lost his father a few years ago.

Can’t see him moving interstate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just have to hold on to LDU in my opinion, they cannot keep losing good players just to get in high end picks as that only delays the rebuild. If LDU goes there is every chance Tassie will come hard after Mckercher in a few seasons and that will be another talented player gone for a top 5 pick!

They just have to hold on to LDU in my opinion, they cannot keep losing good players just to get in high end picks as that only delays the rebuild. If LDU goes there is every chance Tassie will come hard after Mckercher in a few seasons and that will be another talented player gone for a top 5 pick!
Tassie will come for McKercher regardless.

Agree that North have to hold onto him, which is part of the reason I can’t see a trade happening this year, the other reason is that no club in the higher end of the ladder would be able to offer a trade that would be better than what North would get if he left as a FA.

Tassie will come hard for anyone that can play, not just blokes from the map, similar to GWS & the GC. They’ll want top shelf players in the 25~30 year bracket too.

Adelaide should be balls deep
Can offer up 2 x firsts and a player

2024 - 1st
2025 - 1st
Jordan Butts (helps the KPD issue )

KD isn’t as much of an issue as KF. Logue will be back from his knee, Comben is looking good down back and the 200cm key back Wil Dawson North took with a first round pick last year looks good, add to that Kal Dawson (who’s been out with injury for most of the year) Norths key defender stock is much deeper than the key forwards. North just have Larkey and a couple of raw kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke [RFA 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back