Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
Julian Rowe played for Willy today apparently. Andrew Williams and David King didn't. (you can only guess what that means...)

Absolute disgrace. Looks like we are handicapping ourselves again this season with at least 2 *******s per week.

I said pre-season I can handle losing as long as we promoted our promising youth yet MM is still going with the tired old formula. Lokan get ready for a game next week!

yay andrew williams is playing :rolleyes:
******** that guy i sware he must have the biggest ******** and malthouse loves taking it up the a** or something

WTF is wrong with you people. The season hasn't even started and your already laying into the coach. FFS have some faith, and besides Willo deserves another chance based on his pre season. If you look at our team there are plenty of players like rowe in the team already. Seriously, stop and think and see how things pan out before you go shooting the coach.

guess_who said:
WTF is wrong with you people. The season hasn't even started and your already laying into the coach. FFS have some faith, and besides Willo deserves another chance based on his pre season. If you look at our team there are plenty of players like rowe in the team already. Seriously, stop and think and see how things pan out before you go shooting the coach.
shut the frak up , and stop bagging our team and coach,well said guess who

guess_who said:

absolutely agree.

This better not be a sign to come in season 2005 on Big Footy, we have to support the team, look at the positives and "discuss" the negetives. There is obvious reasons why Julian Rowe, my Rising Star nomination, was playing for Willi . Who said he was left out of the 100 player squad for Monday anyway, maybe just the extra practice???

As for Williams, why shouldn't he get a run. He had a good finish to the 2004 season, and has had a really good, actually great pre-season. We have injuries, and yes, some players might be in front of Willo who get left out of the side, yet there is no use bagging Willo for playing "good" footy. I bet some of you didn't even see the Pre-Season. Williams is a player, and provides depth on our list. Let's just see what he has on Monday, if he is even playing!!!!

If people on here can tell other people to shut up - and believe it is their to say so.

Then why can't other people who also believe it is their right criticise the club, the coaches or what ever?

Is that truely the definition of Hypocrisy

yeah im not sure if anyone has seen the team trimmed back but i saw Williams on the half forward flank, and the interchange from C Cloke Cole Maxwell Shaw Obree Lonie King. Now you would think on the bench for sure would be Cloke, Cole, Maxwell but who else Obree i would think but that leaves Lonie out. Now I know id rather have Lonie play in any position on the ground than Williams. Lonie has had just as good preseason as him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L-Nizzy said:
Haha, he kicks one supergoal and he's had a great preseason?

FFS.

WTF

He did have a good pre-season, did you see any of it???

Against Richmond, he had a great game, much improved, and actually was the best Pies out there, and when he kicked the matchwinning supergoal, it topped off a great night, and I awarded him 5 votes, ahead of the Lonies, Tarrants and Roccas.

Against West Coast he had an okay match, didn't find too much considring it was never near him, and when he got it late in the game, he kicked 2 goals!!!

Against Port Power he continued his good form. He had around 15 touches, and looked good on the Wing, where he plays his best footy. Can't remember whether he kicked a goal in the second quarter from 45-50.

The only con of his pre-season was that he had good first halves, and didn't really finish it off in the second half, but - he did kick goals when he did find it in the second half, so I guess that contradicts the con slightly.

So I rated his Pre-Season quite well.

Yeah I got told by my mate who works at Walks in Eltham where a few of the players go regularly (Clokes * 3, Shaws * 3, King, Walker, Rowe) etc that he works with Rowe's girlfriend and he was supposedly sick last week but he went out and he ran into Buckley and his missus when he was sick.

So the story goes anyway.

I tend to believe it because my mate is a typical Essendon supporter, who in no way would know any Collingwood player around the Julian Rowe type.

The selection of williams,king and lokan proves that we dont have any decent kids that would normally be expected to take their place.

Ahh well theres always finishing last and getting the priority pick......

Ohh dang, because mick opened his big mouth the afl are now taking it away...

Why are you talking about priority picks.

Julian Rowe is not playing!!!!! My god, do you actually follow football??? He has played 8 games.

You really are pathetic Stan.

Lonie_from_50 said:
Why are you talking about priority picks.

Julian Rowe is not playing!!!!! My god, do you actually follow football??? He has played 8 games.

You really are pathetic Stan.

Whats your point ****. What are u on about.

I know rowe is not playing but he should be and the aforementioned duds should not be.

As for priority picks sunshine, i think we'll need them by years end but there changing the rule so the last placed teams will only get one pick.

Stan. said:
Whats your point ****. What are u on about.

I know rowe is not playing but he should be and the aforementioned duds should not be.

As for priority picks sunshine, i think we'll need them by years end but there changing the rule so the last placed teams will only get one pick.

What am I on? I am on your back because you are suggesting we will be requiring priority picks at seasons end because Julian Rowe is not playing this week, while Andrew Williams is.

I also think it is a stupid decision not to have our young star playing this week, yet there is nothing wrong with Andrew Williams. He has played well during the pre-season and when you are in form, you get rewarded, and due to spots vacant, Willo's reward is to pull on the balck and white guernsey this week and play football for his football team.

Priority Pick's, only one person cares about them - YOU!!!!! - we are at the start of the season and you have written us off. If I was a Hawthorn Fan I wouldn't be thinking off bloody priority picks. It is a new season, and the Pies have a decent, strong list of players who will all put in 100% whether they are capable of winning a Brownlow or not. When we make the eight, or come close, then you can talk about priority picks for season 2006 because you think that is a way to play football. Throw matches away for a name that could be, or could not be a star.

You are pathetic. Think positive for a change.

Also, as a Hetrosexual, I can't recall being a ****!!!

Stan... You are a tool

The season hasn't even begun and your talking us down already. If by round 12 we are 2-10 then go for it. FFS seriously what is your problem, how do you know that king hasn't improved, or they've found a new role for him, same goes with willo. Besides all that how do you know that theire even playing, its an extended bench. As for Rowe if he broke the rule ALA hitting the town when he wasn't meant to , then he like anyone else has to pay the prize.

You should be going for richmond, they turn feral when things don't go their way...

guess_who said:
guess_who said:
Stan... You are a tool

The season hasn't even begun and your talking us down already. If by round 12 we are 2-10 then go for it. FFS seriously what is your problem, how do you know that king hasn't improved, or they've found a new role for him, same goes with willo. Besides all that how do you know that theire even playing, its an extended bench. As for Rowe if he broke the rule ALA hitting the town when he wasn't meant to , then he like anyone else has to pay the prize.

You should be going for richmond, they turn feral when things don't go their way...

totally agree with both u boys
well said

They're the same person.

Also, LF50, IMO Williams was good in patches against Richmond, before ********ting himself in front of Richmond's goal and giving them what should have been the sealing goal. He was rubbish against West Coast.

I didn't see the practice matches, hence the "one super-goal and he's had a good preseason" comment.

L-Nizzy said:
They're the same person.

Also, LF50, IMO Williams was good in patches against Richmond, before ********ting himself in front of Richmond's goal and giving them what should have been the sealing goal. He was rubbish against West Coast.

I didn't see the practice matches, hence the "one super-goal and he's had a good preseason" comment.

Yeah, well I did say my part on Willo earlier, I thought he looked much better, and actually provided as somebody on the depth list, after having a year he would like to forget in 2004, but he did finish strongly in 2004.

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back