Manuka Oval Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably hard and expensive, but Canberra really needs just one multipurpose/fit for all sports stadium. Difficult to do I know with both oval and rectangular sports - could you build the seats higher for oval and put seats in front to make it near rectangular? Not sure, but one really good stadium to show off Canberra rather than two half there stadiums would be ideal.

Maybe, but ideally an upgraded Manuka to 20k could also attract some BBL T20 games which makes the upgrade package look quite attractive I would have thought.

Was reported in the news today that the ACT government had dumped the Great Waste of Spaces proposal to upgrade Manuka Oval, suppose they would prefer a club to play home games there that have more than 3 supporters.
Haven't the Giants sold out every game they've played in Canberra this season? Footy town, the closest thing they'll have to their own team, and a side that's starting to look alright. I think Manuka deserves a nice little upgrade to make it a nice 25,000 boutique. Nothing massive, just a tidy up. It's a pity it isn't a warm city as you'd love to see a ground with nice banks and open spaces and Manuka would be good for that. Ditto freezing Ballarat.

Haven't the Giants sold out every game they've played in Canberra this season? Footy town, the closest thing they'll have to their own team, and a side that's starting to look alright. I think Manuka deserves a nice little upgrade to make it a nice 25,000 boutique. Nothing massive, just a tidy up. It's a pity it isn't a warm city as you'd love to see a ground with nice banks and open spaces and Manuka would be good for that. Ditto freezing Ballarat.
Two of three games a sell out this year. The crowd is a real mix of supporters. Lots of dual citizens. The ground itself is a great size and looks in excellent nick these days. The amenities are appalling though. The ground is in desperate need of an upgrade for AFL and Cricket fan experience.

Barr suggested Manuka (suburb) will probably still receive a small development/upgrade of sorts which will include stuff for the stadium. But nothing like the scale of the proposed GWS plan for the area.

I haven't sen any real interest in the games here in Canberra from the locals, you're lucky to even know the games are even being played. With the game a week or so ago the first I heard about it being played when it was mentioned on the local news on the Friday night. As for the support, its mainly the Victorian supporters of the opposition teams coming up for a weekend away. If GWS played a Gold Coast or Freo here in Canberra there would be more players and officials at the game than supporters.

I haven't sen any real interest in the games here in Canberra from the locals, you're lucky to even know the games are even being played. With the game a week or so ago the first I heard about it being played when it was mentioned on the local news on the Friday night. As for the support, its mainly the Victorian supporters of the opposition teams coming up for a weekend away.

Now seriously, anyone watching the games can see that 3/4 of the support is for GWS.

I haven't sen any real interest in the games here in Canberra from the locals, you're lucky to even know the games are even being played. With the game a week or so ago the first I heard about it being played when it was mentioned on the local news on the Friday night. As for the support, its mainly the Victorian supporters of the opposition teams coming up for a weekend away. If GWS played a Gold Coast or Freo here in Canberra there would be more players and officials at the game than supporters.

Mouthbreathing intensifies.

Was reported in the news today that the ACT government had dumped the Great Waste of Spaces proposal to upgrade Manuka Oval, suppose they would prefer a club to play home games there that have more than 3 supporters.
So trolling a club is allowed on this board? Hmm how sad.

You cant even do it right. At least use correct information

Hahaha

Perhaps the solution is to relocate Canberra? I know that the Federal Prime Ministers (Since Paul Keating) have been doing their best to relocate it to Sydney at every opportunity. ;-)
Sydney siders are a total different kettle of fish! Numptys! the world evolves around them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Manuka Oval Upgrade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back