mojo31

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, AC Milan
mojo31 said:
For any Carlton supporters who have not seen Marc Murphy play or are worried about him not being a very good player here are some articles on him. They show the quality of player and person we will be getting with our first pick.

http://heraldsun.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,17324164%5E20322,00.html

and

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17299724%5E11088,00.html

Thanks Mojo. Looking forward to Saturday morning when Wayne Hughes calls out "Player No.......... Marc Murphy Oakleigh Chargers"

• Banned
RiCHii said:
Will The Draft B Televised ? If So What Channel ?

SEN will have radio coverage from 9am and will be available on the net also for interstaters. I have been told they were poor last year but did not hear it myself.

Channel 10 are going to show some highlights on tv at 12pm.

The AFL website will have full coverage but it is for BigPond subscribers so be warned if you log on and expect to be able to see it.

I dont think Fox Footy are covering it live.

Last years coverage by SEN was terrible. THey were with Mathew Bate's family and when his name got called out, they spent 5-10 minutes talking with him, all while other names were being called out.

Also available on AFL website.

Can't wait :D

I'm fairly sure its free

• FREE live webcast and audio from the event
• Live Draft Tracker, giving you the picks as they happen
• News and views from the clubs
• Matt Burgan’s ‘Phantom Draft’ from 12 pm Thursday 24th Nov
• For your chance to win $10,000 pick the top 10 draft picks in order from the 2005 NAB AFL Draft. Enter the NAB AFL Draft Competition

Read the complete list of Draft picks in 2004 with the Draft Tracker

Hmmmm, now i'm really confused....i have read from multiple sources that you need to be a BigPond subsciber to watch it free......however i agree Bluemike, from the afl site, it does appear that it is free.....perhaps they changed their policy due to public demand. :confused:

This should be compulsory viewing for all Blues fans.

FREE 2005 Draft Camp Review
Kevin Sheehan and Peter Donegan review the 2005 NAB AFL Draft Camp. Free to all.

from the afl.com homepage

Watch murphy in the 20m sprint and agility test :D

Gilly1972 said:
This should be compulsory viewing for all Blues fans.

FREE 2005 Draft Camp Review
Kevin Sheehan and Peter Donegan review the 2005 NAB AFL Draft Camp. Free to all.

from the afl.com homepage

Watch murphy in the 20m sprint and agility test :D

Saw that a while ago. Take a look at how big Kennedy is in the legs and how slow he seems off the mark.

Yeah, i did note that about Kennedy...here are some immediate (albeit still largely ignorant) reactions i had...

Murphy moved nicely, lfast and agile, looks like a natural athlete, if he blitzed in skills testing too, he looks like a champion.

Kennedy looked slow and awkward, looks like his body mass hinders his agility and vertical leap.

Mitch Clark moves beautifully and has a real good jump on him.

Higgins looks like a really good mover too. If he is also a ball magnetas people report, i hope he slips to 20

Thomas...what's with the low centre of gravity in the agility test ?!! He actually looks ungainly .... a cross between Ablett Jnr and Shane O'Bree

Gilly1972 said:
Yeah, i did note that about Kennedy...here are some immediate (albeit still largely ignorant) reactions i had...

Murphy moved nicely, lfast and agile, looks like a natural athlete, if he blitzed in skills testing too, he looks like a champion.

Kennedy looked slow and awkward, looks like his body mass hinders his agility and vertical leap.

Mitch Clark moves beautifully and has a real good jump on him.

Higgins looks like a really good mover too. If he is also a ball magnetas people report, i hope he slips to 20

Thomas...what's with the low centre of gravity in the agility test ?!! He actually looks ungainly .... a cross between Ablett Jnr and Shane O'Bree

Yeah I remmeber saying to you about Clark and his build. Absolutely perfect for football. You can see why he was touted as a number 1 pick at 6 foot 6 a few months ago.
Kennedy is big and bulky already and is just more advanced in his body than other talls. I just dont see the improvemnet in him. A good safe pick but prefer Dowler and Calrk if they feel his attitude is up for it.

Anybody on here who is interested then go to the website and watch the video so you can see a few of the top players and how they look and move.

please give me a break, murphy will be a good player ,no doubt but talk of him being agun is so far off the mark. untried at senior level surely you guys on here are so infatuated you are blind about the facts. small light no endurance, oh sorry these things dont matter. get a grip if his dad wasnt john murphy. well you get my drift,no endurance no midfielder.plenty of other kids with better attributes but unfortunately not the parentage. just another kevin sheehan push up the day he gives up pushing for father son the day more kids will be given better recognition.comparing murphy to ball or cousins is a joke.they pushed up jesse w smith last year for no reason other than his parentage to the point where he won the larke medal after playing only two games in which he wasnt in the best three players for vic metro.murphy had his name on the trophy before the carnival make no mistake budding footballers corruption plays a big part in the big league.bull******** you say believe what you will but im sure pagan knows that pick one in the draft means alot more than having a father that was agood player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickgoals said:
please give me a break, murphy will be a good player ,no doubt but talk of him being agun is so far off the mark. untried at senior level surely you guys on here are so infatuated you are blind about the facts. small light no endurance, oh sorry these things dont matter. get a grip if his dad wasnt john murphy. well you get my drift,no endurance no midfielder.plenty of other kids with better attributes but unfortunately not the parentage. just another kevin sheehan push up the day he gives up pushing for father son the day more kids will be given better recognition.comparing murphy to ball or cousins is a joke.they pushed up jesse w smith last year for no reason other than his parentage to the point where he won the larke medal after playing only two games in which he wasnt in the best three players for vic metro.murphy had his name on the trophy before the carnival make no mistake budding footballers corruption plays a big part in the big league.bull******** you say believe what you will but im sure pagan knows that pick one in the draft means alot more than having a father that was agood player.
what a garbled load of rubbish ...do you have a point or just happy to sound off with no logic or sense ????
in case you have been living in a cave somewhere you may not know that nearly ALL football experts are saying marc Murphy is the pick of the crop ....i guess they are all morons and you are a genius .....grow up !

Bluemike said:
Last years coverage by SEN was terrible. THey were with Mathew Bate's family and when his name got called out, they spent 5-10 minutes talking with him, all while other names were being called out.

Also available on AFL website.

Can't wait :D
I'll probably just listen to SEN. But I'm hoping they've learnt from last year and won't conduct interviews with drafted players while the drafts still going! That stuff-up aside, you could hear what was going on fine last year.

i will go on record as saying i know a lot more about behind the scenes in the football world than you. having played and coached at a high level for over twenty five years.believe what you will was what i said. fact is sheehan says the football world does. in my opinion its a lot of crap, but that is the way it is. as i said believe as you will.

kickgoals said:

I can't believe how much it is killing opposition supporters that Carlton are going to have the first pick in the national draft. They were all hoping that Marc Murphy's shoulder was badly injured. That has proved not to be the case. Then they start questioning whether he is going to be a gun or not. It is beautiful to see the pain the opposition supporters are feeling as more and more people in the know confirm Murphy's talents. One thing I am certain about, he will be a better player than the F/S choice at Essendon, Jay Neagle.

kickgoals said:

You obviously havent read the articels,.... fool. But nothing is as sweet as the sound of sour grapes..........but in line with what was just mentioned, Im sure Brisbane Lions offering a 5 year contract flying him up there for the full red carpet treatment, collingwoods appraoches (amongst others) are all examples of ignorance etc.

You are a tosser ! Rack off.

kickgoals said:
i will go on record as saying i know a lot more about behind the scenes in the football world than you. having played and coached at a high level for over twenty five years.believe what you will was what i said. fact is sheehan says the football world does. in my opinion its a lot of crap, but that is the way it is. as i said believe as you will.[/QUOTE

Well sheehan said you are a tosser, so im guessing he is right, and as for coaching at playing at a high level for 25 years, all of us at bigfooty would like to welcome you kevin sheedy.And as for murphy, well i for one will be glad to see him in the navy blue jumper in 06.

kickgoals said:

Did you even watch the the U18 carnival?...........name someone that played more consitently than Murphy during the carnival. I can only think of one other player that even came close to Murphy.

kickgoals said:
i will go on record as saying i know a lot more about behind the scenes in the football world than you. having played and coached at a high level for over twenty five years.believe what you will was what i said. fact is sheehan says the football world does. in my opinion its a lot of crap, but that is the way it is. as i said believe as you will.

Your profile says you were only born in 1981. Good effort to have played and coached at a high level every day of your life.

Credibility............none.

WTTF said:
Your profile says you were only born in 1981. Good effort to have played and coached at a high level every day of your life.

Credibility............none.

He was also born on April Fools day need i say more!!!!!!!!!!! :D

kickgoals said:
what is your defenition of a high level?

yeah, got me there forgot about the age thing. still stick by my opinions tho i am quite a bit older than what i put down. did play and coach for twenty plus years tho. sorry for that little white lie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Marc Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back