Mark Robinsons 2011 AFL All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, Clinton Jones. Hasn't Dempster been better than him as a tagger anyway?

Eh, I'll put that one down as my "St Kilda Fan" selection, really. But I adore his work in traffic and his ability to work the ball out of packs to our advantage. You can't put a price on it and he does it many times a game.

Eh, I'll put that one down as my "St Kilda Fan" selection, really. But I adore his work in traffic and his ability to work the ball out of packs to our advantage. You can't put a price on it and he does it many times a game.

Sort of bizarre comment considering how condescending you are of the best contested/clearance player in the game.

I think the lack of st kilda representation is fair.

THe fact is most of our guns have played 1/2 a season.

IF the AA was selected from June to August, we'd have 3 or 4 players.

I think its good they are selecting players for their across the season form.

Dal Santo, Goddard, Fisher have played half a season.

Clint Jones has been outstanding for us, and played his best footy, but he's isn't in the elite standard.

Monty has had a solid season, but not an elite season.

Sort of bizarre comment considering how condescending you are of the best contested/clearance player in the game.

Clinton's handballs actually go to his team-mates. Plus he does it all while taking an opponent out of a game. Judd has probably never played on an opponent in his entire career.

Dempster's been a better tagger, but Jones has been an overall better player this year. I think any team could use a tagger. If you're picking one, it's one of those two.

Fyfe had a great year up until freo's win against sydney where he was BOG, then perhaps tapered off a little whilst still being one of their best. That was expected due to his age and freos form and injuries. Would be a tad unlucky missing out on a HF spot. At one stage he had more than triple the amount of contested marks than anyone else in the top 25 for disposals! I wonder how different his chances would be considered if his year was reversed i.e started slowly and finished second half on fire. On Scarlett and Enright, Geelongs ladder pos and their reps would surely influence selectors, 'if in doubt chuck em in', tho tbh have not seen a whole lot of them since the early rds. Also many of geelongs wins have been v. close with a few obvious outliers in melbourne, GC etc so that would have to be looked at.

has had an equally as good a year as glass, over there you only watch 1 team though yeah?

Gibson has had a very good year but I honestly can't recall Glass being beaten too many times this year, would be a worthy selection (though obviously I hope McPharlin gets in before both of them).

Would love to see Fyfe get in but I can't see it happening, deserves got nothing to do with it.

Dal Santo should be in for sure. He's one of the highest scoring SC players for a reason.

Can't understand the choice of Scarlett..? Tarrant and McPharlin have been better.

Dal Santo should be in for sure. He's one of the highest scoring SC players for a reason.

Can't understand the choice of Scarlett..? Tarrant and McPharlin have been better.

Yep Taz and McPharlin clearly the supreme full backs. For some reason McPharlin has been getting the press so he will come in, but I can tell you Taz has been enormous. Will miss though because of the "in a good team" syndrome

Yep Taz and McPharlin clearly the supreme full backs. For some reason McPharlin has been getting the press so he will come in, but I can tell you Taz has been enormous. Will miss though because of the "in a good team" syndrome

Really? McPharlin has been an underrated defender for several years now and finally deserves the recognition, but Tarrant was just as good a defender at Freo as he is at Collingwood, so if he does get in I would say the opposite is true, only getting in due to playing for a popular Victorian club.

In any case, McPharlin is more a CHB whilst Tarrant is more a FB, it's possible they could both get in.

Clinton's handballs actually go to his team-mates. Plus he does it all while taking an opponent out of a game. Judd has probably never played on an opponent in his entire career.

Dempster's been a better tagger, but Jones has been an overall better player this year. I think any team could use a tagger. If you're picking one, it's one of those two.
Dosn't need to when he constantly has 1 or 2 players playing on him.

Facts are he is a far better player than Clint Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. But he hasn't been the clear-cut best midfielder or player this year. There are others who are just as deserving that title.

Possibly, top 3 at absolute WORST, but he has certainly had a better year than Dal Santo.

I think he has been the best player this year though.

B: Birchall - McPharlin - Davis

HB: Fisher - Reid - Scotland

C: Mitchell - Murphy - Thomas

HF: Ablett - Cloke - Fyfe

F: Goodes - Franklin - S. Milne

RR: Cox - Pendlebury - Judd

INT: Goldstein - Dal Santo - Swan - Gibson

In: McPharlin, Fisher, Fyfe, Dal Santo, Gibson
Out: Scarlett, Enright, Johnson (No, I don't hate Geelong. Just think others have been better) Deledio, Boyd

Possibly, top 3 at absolute WORST, but he has certainly had a better year than Dal Santo.

I think he has been the best player this year though.

I think top 5 at the absolute worst.

I, too, think he has been the best player this year but the margin between him and say, Judd or Mitchell is very, very small.

Hence, not clear cut.

No question he has been better than Dal Santo though.

How the hell is Dal Santo not in that team? Has had a fantastic season and is one of the leading contenders for the Brownlow, can't think of him having one bad game this year.

Should be in there ahead of Swan who's first half of the season was very poor by his standards. He's been better and more consistent than Pendlebury and Deledio too.

Fyfe should definitely be in there too along with McPharlin and Fisher in defence.

WTF.

6WTFs

Darren Glass 20 Games / 21 goals against = 1.05 goals against
Matthew Scarlett 18 Games / 22 goals against = 1.22 goals against
Luke Mcpharlin 20 Games / 28 goals against = 1.40 goals against

Up there with the Cruise Garlett is Greg Williams with pace call for utter stupidity.

Judd is top 15 in almost every key statistic in the game this year.

Anyway..

I'm not so hot on McPharlin. Glass has clearly been the better FB for mine.

Darren Glass 20 Games / 21 goals against = 1.05 goals against
Matthew Scarlett 18 Games / 22 goals against = 1.22 goals against
Luke Mcpharlin 20 Games / 28 goals against = 1.40 goals against

Because goals scored against is the only figure upon which you rate backmen and hasn't the slightest chance of being inaccurate.

Yes because the quality of opponent McPharlin plays on is really comparable to Glass'. Good season but also a very overrated season from Glass. He essentially plays as a 3rd tall now and doesn't have the attacking prowess to warrant ignoring that fact. Fisher and Scarlett do.

I'm not saying he isn't capable of playing on the key forwards anymore, because he is and has done. However the best FB in 2011? Really?

Oh lord..

You wouldn't happen to be related to Hodgepodge now would you?

Actually thanks for my new signature.

Curses it was too big :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Robinsons 2011 AFL All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back