Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

The Suns have come out and had a crack, so good on them. They need these preseason wins to give them the confidence to start round 1. The Cats will be better when round 1 starts and we have a better team on the park. The young blokes like Stephens, Jarvis, Kennerly, & Close won't be playing a senior game this year going by this performance. Jordan Clark looks ready to go to another level this year, so looking forward to that. Shit game to watch tonight, but nothing to lose sleep about at this stage. It's just a preseason game.

If I never see Z. Guthrie and Parson again as long as I live, I'll be a happy man. Absolutely pathetic. Then again, barring Taylor, Stewart, Narkle and maybe Clark, there is nothing to take out of tonight. If this is a sign of what's to come this season, we're in trouble. Same gamestyle, far too slow.

The game style is shizenhuizen.

I had hopes that the coaching crew wouldn't be too proud or obstinate to admit it was crap, and would make some considerable adjustments to it off-season.

But my heart sank when I heard Scarlo say they would only be implementing minor tweaks, and would instead look for the guys to execute it better.

Sigh.

Jarvis looks into F 50.

Gets nothing

Forced to kick to centre of ground to a contest un der pressure.
Does not look confident with the kick. Tries to feather it.

Kick is turned over and a ball up.

Im not concerned about the game or the loss of possession. What bothers me is the kid loses confidence in himself trying the game plan.

Im sure as a 19 year old with footy expereince he'll shake it off but you could just see he wanted to kick into F50 not 25m to the centre of the ground

GO Catters

Difference in forward set-up. We kick to a contest at the top of the square where we're outnumbered and the rest of the forwards either jog in and stand and watch, then apply no pressure on the inevitable rebound.

Gold Coast kick to a contest where they tap the ball down to a plethora of players streaming through looking for the crumbs.

Yeah I could see it happening in the 2nd quarter of the wing I think rowell had it I could see two or three goldcoast players running for the overlap and Geelong players just jogging backwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game style is shizenhuizen.

I had hopes that the coaching crew wouldn't be too proud or obstinate to admit it was crap, and would make some considerable adjustments to it off-season.

But my heart sank when I heard Scarlo say they would only be implementing minor tweaks, and would instead look for the guys to execute it better.

Sigh.
I was devo when I saw Knights in the Coach’s Box 😩😩😩

It's the way we're playing, that bothers me more than anything. We're down by nearly 70 points against last years wooden spooners lol. No pride at all.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

I'm curious how did Cooper Stephens look? Quick, dour, fumbly, steady, efficient user, what's his deal? Worth the Pick 16? Or a poor mans Worpel?

In 2018 we finished 8th and got smashed by Melbourne in a final. Hopefully we don't get a repeat of that shit.
And we were 1 game off finishing 5th
2 games and we would’ve finished 3rd
Had the second best percentage in the comp, yes our game against Melbourne was horrid but there’s a lot more that you can read into the 2018 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Marsh Series Week 1 - Gold Coast vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Saturday 22nd February

Remove this Banner Ad

Back