Preview Marsh Week 2 - Hawthorn v Melbourne - UTas Stadium - Friday March 6, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Given Melbourne employed a fwd press against the Crows it will be intersting to see how we exit the 50. Hardwick would have taken a lot of the kick ins 😢.

Hmm... our first hit out matched us with a reasonably strong St Kilda team, where Clarko experimented and rested a few senior guys after half time. That said, we lost, so the world is ending and we're not playing finals for a few years to come. Second hit out gave us a second shot at St Kilda, albeit a St Kilda VFL team. We won that one. Now we're top 4 contenders with amazing depth, because... our newbies can match it with a VFL side?

Can't wait to see how our year will look based on the result of this game. I won't even have to tune in to know how well we went. I can just base it on the number of pages in this thread when it turns into the autopsy. :)

Major things we need to see include:

-A viable strategy to lock down Charlie Cameron for round 1 (At least stop the bleeding a bit, can't have him ripping us apart).
-------don't know where this comes from. Possible quicker options to play a role on Cameron could include Morrison or Glass. Maybe even Frost is given an opportunity to play on a smaller opponent?

-Another small forward to secure their spot, whoever it be (Minch and Ollie the main candidates). Minch has been good so far this pre-season, give us one more solid game and I'd be happy to see him in the round 1 team as we really need another pressure forward.

-Midfield/Forward line cohesion. Want to see Patton/Lewis/O'Brien giving good leads and taking grabs as well as the midfielders not wasting the ball when we go forward.

Major things we need to see include:

-A viable strategy to lock down Charlie Cameron for round 1 (At least stop the bleeding a bit, can't have him ripping us apart).
-------don't know where this comes from. Possible quicker options to play a role on Cameron could include Morrison or Glass. Maybe even Frost is given an opportunity to play on a smaller opponent?

-Another small forward to secure their spot, whoever it be (Minch and Ollie the main candidates). Minch has been good so far this pre-season, give us one more solid game and I'd be happy to see him in the round 1 team as we really need another pressure forward.

-Midfield/Forward line cohesion. Want to see Patton/Lewis/O'Brien giving good leads and taking grabs as well as the midfielders not wasting the ball when we go forward.

Can't have either Morrison or Glass on Cameron, he will tear both of them up.

Given Melbourne employed a fwd press against the Crows it will be intersting to see how we exit the 50. Hardwick would have taken a lot of the kick ins 😢.
My guess is Clarko will go with Greaves as a replacement. I recall he also took alot of the kick ins in Marsh 1.

Don’t Richmond usually play a tall on C.Cameran ? I think he likes playing on smalls so Frost could be a nightmare for him. Or CJ trial by fire?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really excited for this one!
I think we'll see something much closer to what we'll see round one, plus a couple of rookies/first years. Would love to see Finn/Day get more exposure, and would love to see CJ given more game time.
Titch, JOM and Wingard all in the midfield at centre bounces is tantalising!

Game 1 - strong saints team, we lose, the main thing is we get good practice for our new structure/setup
Game 2 - VFL saints team, we win, good run for our squad, some players come into some form
Game 3 - Melbourne (unsure of strength), result doesnt matter, but in saying that winning is a good mood booster

the pre-season imo is just to get players fit and to sure up new structure and tactics prior to the real season, winning is good, but not the main aim from my pov

We should be taking this game seriously at least to 3/4 time. We have a tough opening draw and this is the last praccy game. I'm expecting decent intensity from both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Marsh Week 2 - Hawthorn v Melbourne - UTas Stadium - Friday March 6, 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back