Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to lose him Cox if we landed Cameron or had a few developing KPF... but if he goes... this is our contested marking forward line next year

De Goey*, Mihocek* , Kelly/Cameron

* De Goey wants more midfield minutes
* Mihocek might still take an offer from Freo

We finished 3rd last in the comp for marks inside 50 this year. If we are relying solely on those three then we will finish dead last in that stat next year

So with this in mind, I think if Cox goes then we’d have no other option but to play Moore as a forward and play either of Kelly or Keane in Moore’s place.

P.S losing Cox for 500k but gaining Wright on 500k is a sideways move. Hardly worth the effort and won’t see us take collectively more marks inside 50
I wouldn’t even say sideways

Who knows what’s going on. Seems like a lot of uncertainty at the moment. Cox being chased, Checkers not signed up. Would be a total transformation of our forward line if we lost both in one off season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd offload him for nothing----just to get him out of the place.
Kbwcm1Okr9EMGhvfyk--8wPK2xkB3keMz03djMewR-i5z1XSBSHKiJ9EP3ddmXIs31-9e3NXrcv8mOQxh4OL4zue4yJtyK_u-phhH4wG=w371-h200

Reluctantly, and with a heavy heart, I’m happy for Cox to be traded to the woofers for Bontempelli.
Just another Collingwood stuff up trade though.

It'll probably be Cox for Shaq - even at 48 he'll still monster opposing defenders at the top of the goalsquare with his 7'1" 150kg frame and he'll suit our "bomb it in blindly" approach to F50 entries down to a T.

Not sure how the Doggies managed to list Shaq in the first place but I'm not arguing...

Who knows what’s going on. Seems like a lot of uncertainty at the moment. Cox being chased, Checkers not signed up. Would be a total transformation of our forward line if we lost both in one off season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you rewatch the Granny, Lynch played a bit below the type of game that Cox played at the back end of the year and Riewoldt played a very Mihocek average level game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Cox is off to Sydney, what would be a good trade for us?

KPD OR KPF

If i was to dream - Tom McCartin or Allir Allir

So that's how stupid this club is

Instead of utilising our best assert
Instead of developing a team Game style to suit
Instead of recruiting guys to fit a system

Let's throw the whole thing out the window

Mark my words
If he goes to Sydney he will star
Small ground
Foils all around papley and buddy and Heeney at his feet
Playing ruck and changing with Sinclair

But we've got the wallet

So that's how stupid this club is

Instead of utilising our best assert
Instead of developing a team Game style to suit
Instead of recruiting guys to fit a system

Let's throw the whole thing out the window

Mark my words
If he goes to Sydney he will star
Small ground
Foils all around papley and buddy and Heeney at his feet
Playing ruck and changing with Sinclair

But we've got the wallet
We tried to unload him last year, but no one wanted him due to his contract value, I cannot imagine that has changed unless another club is really desperate.

Don’t worry you can sleep easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back