Matthew Lappin

Remove this Banner Ad

richie_cole#13

Senior List
Oct 8, 2003
Melbourne
Other Teams
Collingwood
Heard that he's coming to Collingwood. We're going to offer something substantially less than Carlton wants. Offer Lappin his 3 year deal. Wait for Carlton to trade for cheap or for Lappin to quit Carlton. Take him in the PSD where we have the first pick after the Blues.

Matthew Lappin for Shane Woewodin, we lose nothing, and either do they!!! Lappin is older (turns 30 in February) but you wouldn't not take him. Quite Simple trade!

Lonie_from_50 said:
Matthew Lappin for Shane Woewodin, we lose nothing, and either do they!!! Lappin is older (turns 30 in February) but you wouldn't not take him. Quite Simple trade!

Sounds good to me, although I think Lappin is worth a bit more than Woey. However, I wouldn't offer heaps of cash, but I would sign him for 3 years.

richie_cole#13 said:
Heard that he's coming to Collingwood. We're going to offer something substantially less than Carlton wants. Offer Lappin his 3 year deal. Wait for Carlton to trade for cheap or for Lappin to quit Carlton. Take him in the PSD where we have the first pick after the Blues.

Did you hear it from one of your mates who follows Carlton?

I do not want Fev or Lance. but I would prefer them to Lappin.

Next we will have Campo on the list.

We have enough soft outside players of our own we do not need to recruit any more.

No Trades just draft quick young hard at it Mid fielders out of six picks we must be able to find one Delidio, Judd, Del Santo, Ball, Cooney, type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've already picked up Caracella to play the "wily old forward" role. Plus we'll have Buckley and Burns and possibly even Licuria spending a lot of time forward in 2006. And Rocca. There's no room for Lappin as well, especially not on a 3 year contract. We dont want the forward line looking like an old peoples home.

He's a good player but one I hope we let go elsewhere. Youth should be the objective.

hotpie said:
We've already picked up Caracella to play the "wily old forward" role. Plus we'll have Buckley and Burns and possibly even Licuria spending a lot of time forward in 2006. And Rocca. There's no room for Lappin as well, especially not on a 3 year contract. We dont want the forward line looking like an old peoples home.

He's a good player but one I hope we let go elsewhere. Youth should be the objective.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the back flank or wing. He's pretty quick and has decent skills.

I wouldn't see the farm for him, but if he was there in the PSD and didn't want too much, I'd have a good look at him.

bradrowe#32 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing him on the back flank or wing. He's pretty quick and has decent skills..

At 30? For three years on big money? He might give us one good year in the midfield at the most, then he'd end up in the forward pocket.

If Carlton trade Lappin for Woewodin they have rocks in thier heads. Both are old but i'd think Lappin has a bit more to offer. I'd only trade Lappin for a draft pick, or a younger player. Lappin for Rusling?

skillsy_44 said:
If Carlton trade Lappin for Woewodin they have rocks in thier heads. Both are old but i'd think Lappin has a bit more to offer. I'd only trade Lappin for a draft pick, or a younger player. Lappin for Rusling?

While we have our eyes closed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lappin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back