Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 3) - The Biggest Loser

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Walker blaming injuries for our form was a prime example of our pathetic culture.

According to Tom Morris' report a few weeks back, the players/club had big meeting, driven by younger players (named Rash, Riley) for everyone to become more professional.

The selfishness of senior players - specically Laird, Walker, Smith and Sloane has been a big part of our downfall.

Would have been confronting for the senior players, but they were able to blow it off as part of Nicksy's senior player work/life balance program.

Walker blaming injuries for our form was a prime example of our pathetic culture.

According to Tom Morris' report a few weeks back, the players/club had big meeting, driven by younger players (named Rash, Riley) for everyone to become more professional.

The selfishness of senior players - specically Laird, Walker, Smith and Sloane has been a big part of our downfall.
As others have said, I feel it won't be until those senior players from the Pyke era are gone that we'll really move forward culturally.

Luke Brown is the last Crows player I can recall retiring because hebwas cooked without a public spat.

However I will happily agree that Crows players selfishness at the end of their career is due to the clubs ridiculous policy of rewarding seniority.

How he handles Laird and Walker next year will be interesting. Will Walker be dropped to the SANFL when his form warrants or will he end up as Dixon 2.0. Will Laird spend time in the SANFL? I'm not convinced he's better than many of our younger players as a half back flanker, particularly if those wretched efforts from late this season persist.

Brodie smith shouldn't play a game in the seniors, he shouldn't be on the list.

Our culture at the moment includes the public flogging of a young player by senior "leaders". It includes senior players demanding selection and extending their careers when they are clearly cooked. Senior players being allowed to pick and choose training attendance.

In short, our culture is that senior players are untouchable and unaccountable.
We have a Caste system....

How he handles Laird and Walker next year will be interesting. Will Walker be dropped to the SANFL when his form warrants or will he end up as Dixon 2.0. Will Laird spend time in the SANFL? I'm not convinced he's better than many of our younger players as a half back flanker, particularly if those wretched efforts from late this season persist.

Brodie smith shouldn't play a game in the seniors, he shouldn't be on the list.

I can't see Tex playing 2s unless he's coming back from a stretch off due to injury. Laird will absolutely not be dropped, he's likely to begin the year back as a first choice midfielder. Abd you're right, Smith shoukd get tapped on the shoulder and 'retire' due to it becoming known his back is a chronic injury. Or just delisted if he won't play the game.

Matthew Nicks 5th season in charge. 15th.
I'm amazed he has posters defending him.
He will be hoping for double-ups against North and West Coast next year.
I would have included Richmond, they beat us at home for one of their two wins this year.

Rd 1 Suns L
Rd 2 Cats L
Rd 3 Freo L
Rd 4 Melb L

Rd 5 Carl W 8th
Rd 6 Ess L
Rd 7 North W 17th
Rd 8 Port W 2nd

Rd 9 Lions D
Rd 10 Coll L
Rd 11 WC W 16th
Rd 12 Hawks L