MCC tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo - I was just going to ask the same question.

I've been told tomorrow morning around 7am should be fine but if people are lining up now that could throw a spanner in the works.

S"THD"J - this is your domain isn't it? Any advice??

Same thing happened last year re: people lining up now. I got there at 6am last year and was just off the concrete area...

Not sure what time I'll be there this year. Early.

I was originally thinking 7ish but I may have to have another think about that.

I doubt I have the stamina to line up overnight that's for sure. If I don't get in, well, I guess it'll be the couch, telly and beers for me.

Hopefully I get a seat though.

I have some mates that are aiming to get there at 4-5am

If it was me I would be trying to get there before 6.00am because most poeple seem to be saying they are arriving around 6-7am.

10 news showed the people lining up outside the members. Theres one guy that always lines up early to get his same seat.

I was planning to rock up at 6 tomorrow but i got a call a couple of days ago asking if i wanted one.

There's always a few extremists who want to camp out in their sleeping bags for two days just to be first in line.

I think if you rock up by 7am you'll be fine. There is likely to be a bit of a queue by then but remember there are 10,000 seats available - there is no way the queue will be 10,000 strong before 7am.

mmmmm its hard to know.....last year i got there at 630 which was fine, but then we were playing an interstate side....

im thinking ill head about 5ish

Why don't they just assign seats, so no one has to lineup?
if you mean a ballot for all mcc seats, can't ballot all of them because people should have the right to rock up early on the day if they so wish and choose their seat rather then be given one

if you say just allocate the seat to the people as soon as they line up, doesnt work, because what time do you start allocating? ie if they said they would start allocating seats to the people lining up at 7pm on Friday, then people will simply use that time as the aim, rather then 8am Saturday, so they'll be lining up early Friday

Bingo - I was just going to ask the same question.

I've been told tomorrow morning around 7am should be fine but if people are lining up now that could throw a spanner in the works.

S"THD"J - this is your domain isn't it? Any advice??

There's always a few extremists who want to camp out in their sleeping bags for two days just to be first in line.

I think if you rock up by 7am you'll be fine. There is likely to be a bit of a queue by then but remember there are 10,000 seats available - there is no way the queue will be 10,000 strong before 7am.
That's pretty much it, I agree (gates open 8AM). The better seats will go early but it took until about 10AM or 11AM last year for those in the pocket on Q deck to start filling. The rows towards the front of Q deck are still pretty good.

In saying that I think it will be busier this year.

Why don't they just assign seats, so no one has to lineup?
Half are balloted and allocated, half are left open to first in, best dressed. Good system in my opinion. Rewards those who want to go.

if you mean a ballot for all mcc seats, can't ballot all of them because people should have the right to rock up early on the day if they so wish and choose their seat rather then be given one

if you say just allocate the seat to the people as soon as they line up, doesnt work, because what time do you start allocating? ie if they said they would start allocating seats to the people lining up at 7pm on Friday, then people will simply use that time as the aim, rather then 8am Saturday, so they'll be lining up early Friday

its the same argument as the queuing vs balloting for club members. id lean in favour of balloting (not that i am mcc)

its the same argument as the queuing vs balloting for club members. id lean in favour of balloting (not that i am mcc)
if i waited my 25 years to become a full mcc member to be able to get a gf ticket, i would NOT want the possibility of going to every grand final to go down to chance. If i wanted to go, i should be able to go. Not have a chance of being able to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the problem with that is though that the mcc ballot does not taking into account which club you support, if melbourne were in the grand final and i missed out on the ballot i should be given option to line up as early as i wish in order to get a seat, splitting it between ballot and walk up is a fantastic system, it doesnt leave it all to luck

It's a pretty good atmosphere down here, couldn't ask for a better day weather wise.

I got here at about 5 and I'm about 3000 people deep. Toilet and coffee lines are half an hour each which is bloody frustrating!

I got there at 5.30am, got a seat front row, level 3 in front of Frank Grey Smith.... and passouts started at 8.30! Love it.

How long did you guys have to wait to become full members once you were restricted? Am I waiting for a flu epidemic to hit the state?
Full membership seems to be moving slower now - they only advanced the waiting list 3 months this year, 6 months last year and before that it was a year at a time. They are up to 1988 on the Waiting List for Full and 1994 for Restricted.

If you're put down at birth, it's normally a bit different too. So Junior Restricted at 15, Restricted at 18, and Full around 21.

(Cause technically you've waited 21 years)

I was put down at birth and I am 21. How do you know if you have become a full member?
When your subs renewal comes it will say what type of Membership you are paying for this year... You will also have to fill out a new Photo ID Card Application Form. Also, you can check by when you were put on the Waiting List - Members who were on the waiting list on or before April 30, 1988 have been offered Full Membership; whilst the waiting list for Restricted Members consists of candidates nominated from 1 November 1994 to today.

Remove this Banner Ad

MCC tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back