McNamara - coming of age

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
Its taken him a few games, and a Kerr injury but I am starting to see what all the fuss is about. Quick, clean hands and smart, looks like a quality mid with potential 200 gamer written all over him.

To 3/4 time:

15 possessions, 5 marks, 3 tackles,

Should get in the BF team votes youd reckon:thumbsu:

pretty disapointing night all round though.

oh well...btw from what i've heard, nico has been ok. (11 kicks 11 effective)

another positive

that's good to hear. I've been hitting up the 'Game Day Live' and listening to the radio online, he seems to have done okay.

Not really too enthusiastic at the moment but I'll watch the game anyway and see how the young ones went. Pretty damn disappointed but if they've shown good signs then it's a little relief but I'm sick of just saying "We've shown good signs".

is it me or does losing not really hurt that much anymore?

i mean, im pissed off...but really, i used to hate it so much more in previous years.

i mean, im pissed off...but really, i used to hate it so much more in previous years.

yeah it doesn't hurt (except last week), I'm just p1ssed off!!!! Tad over the whole losing thing and no 4 quarter efforts.

Tossed a coin and picked WCE too for the first time since Rd 1, makes it even more annoying!

It's the both of us. Sure we lost the game and I am frustrated about the apparent lack of spirit, but my excuse is attributed to the youngsters and some poor form from the longer serving lads. I personally believe that the form of experienced players can rub off on the younger kids. If our older guys can fire up, I think it'll make it much easier for the new boys to follow suit.

Also... it probably doesnt hurt as much because there is potentially a huge positive coming at the end of the season.

I know what you're saying Anti.

Besides last week I havent really been gutted or angry, like in previous years.

Cant wait for the draft. :D

OT, well played McNamara.

BTW was Kerr rested for the Geelong onslaught do we think?

There's a difference:

In previous years we were on the climb to premiership glory and every 4 points mattered, and more importantly, that continual improvement of both the team as a whole and development of individual players really really mattered.

Right now, we don't have a team that can win a flag. We have a forward line that has potential to develop into a flag winning forward line, and we have a back line that has potential to develop into a flag winning backlne, but we are unlikely to have a midfield that can bring us the flag.

4 points does not matter this year. Improvement of the whole team matters - but that can wait. Improvement and game time of young players is what matters. And with that hopefully will come a piece of potential premiership jigsaw - Rich (or whoever else).

I sincerely hope we lose most of our games this year without getting smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im over this tanking talked being linked to us already.

i want us to go out to win every game, if we loose every game so be it.

The minute you start instilling a negaitive loosing culture into players they instinctively stay down there. We need to get at least 2 or 3 more wins into the likes of Mckinley, Masten, Ebert, Schofield, mcNamara and co. to avoid it being permanently detrimental

So is Rich a classy midfielder who can kick goals and break lines????

Is he inside or outside?

As an aside, anyone hear Buckley in reference to that WCE female supporter saying 'your going down........West Coast that is....:D

Im over this tanking talked being linked to us already.
harden up. Who cares what others say whether it be The Eagles off feld habits, or any percieved tanking.

The minute you start instilling a negaitive loosing culture into players they instinctively stay down there.
Who has said this?

We need to get at least 2 or 3 more wins into the likes of Mckinley, Masten, Ebert, Schofield, mcNamara and co. to avoid it being permanently detrimental
It will make little difference in the big scheme of things. I've seen all of these guys show potential.

So is Rich a classy midfielder who can kick goals and break lines????

Is he inside or outside?
I'd assume the first one. All I know he is rated highly. Most midfielder who go early are the classy line breaking types.

Will Seaby be shipped out at seasons end?
Lynch is a far better ruckman than him around the ground - and the coaches have obviously worked that one out.

Seaby will be gone from the team once Kennedy is fit

I know what you're saying Anti.

Besides last week I havent really been gutted or angry, like in previous years.

Cant wait for the draft. :D

OT, well played McNamara.

BTW was Kerr rested for the Geelong onslaught do we think?

Hahaha. Me to Big Man. I think where about to strike it Rich :D

Will Seaby be shipped out at seasons end?

Almost a certainty. People have been bitching about a lot of players, but I'm close to putting a Seaby thread. Cox on one leg better than Seaby, Lynch is better in the ruck than Seaby. Christ, I reckon Graham would be a better option in the ruck than Seaby.

what happened to seaby? he used to be so handy as a second stringer...this was meant to be his break out season and now its the complete opposite. it sucks.

what happened to seaby? he used to be so handy as a second stringer...this was meant to be his break out season and now its the complete opposite. it sucks.
He seemed to 'break out' in the preseason, but has definitely been 'broken back in' during the real stuff this year...

Oh, and on J-Mac, great game kid, keep it up!

i wouldnt mind keeping lynchy as a 2nd ruckman. that way we can ease kennedy back in to CHF and try someone else at FF while lynch is rucking.

it could prove to be effective. he really gives us some drive out of the center because he tackles and pressures while also being able to find the ball.

i wonder if hansen will get a go at FF soon?

i wouldnt mind keeping lynchy as a 2nd ruckman. that way we can ease kennedy back in to CHF and try someone else at FF while lynch is rucking.

it could prove to be effective. he really gives us some drive out of the center because he tackles and pressures while also being able to find the ball.

i wonder if hansen will get a go at FF soon?

I just hope that if we do end up getting rid of Seaby for some reason we DON'T force JK to go into ruck. He might be handy in there but he will be awesome at CHF.

Also I would love to Hansen deep forwards. He'd be like a half decent version of Chad Jones.

I just hope that if we do end up getting rid of Seaby for some reason we DON'T force JK to go into ruck. He might be handy in there but he will be awesome at CHF.

Also I would love to Hansen deep forwards. He'd be like a half decent version of Chad Jones.

Yeah. Agree. Hansen will do better in deep. Especially with his body being so touchy with injuries. Kennedy at CHF and Lynch everywhere else! :D

players who do the unselfish or team things are what i admire

jmacs shepherd on neagle was outstanding

mastens half shepherd for hunter was also good

Remove this Banner Ad

McNamara - coming of age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back