News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

No one else does 2 guys 1 cup? The self proclaimed footy adjacent podcast?
I used to listen to 2g1c, but they left Spotify and I don’t want to pay for another subscription service for just one pod… unless you’re telling me there’s another way 😄

Edit: just caught up on these posts, might have to suss out pocket casts

I used to listen to 2g1c, but they left Spotify and I don’t want to pay for another subscription service for just one pod… unless you’re telling me there’s another way 😄

Edit: just caught up on these posts, might have to suss out pocket casts
They went to Listnr exclusive but as Ochre said came back to main feeds in the combined Everyone Relax feed. I listen to a few of those Podcasts anyway so it doesn't bother me but they do put out a few each week on that feed.

Looks like you can get them on the combined everyone relax feed but not individually, is that different elsewhere?
They made everything on one feed to avoid promoting 4 seperate podcasts, around end of last year.
Tofop
Fofop
2guys1cup
Willosiphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Schofield with the flagmantle jumper on is sight to see🤮

He supports no one apparently which surprises me. He grew up in Geelong but is no longer a Geelong fan, he played for the Eagles but doesn't support his former mates, he said he's a GWS and Freo kinda guy at the moment..it's just weird, tbh.

He supports no one apparently which surprises me. He grew up in Geelong but is no longer a Geelong fan, he played for the Eagles but doesn't support his former mates, he said he's a GWS and Freo kinda guy at the moment..it's just weird, tbh.

That merchandise isn’t going to sell itself gents…

It was all a bit cringe the start of the latest backchat episode hammer and Schofield stating there allegiances. Schofield : It’s weird I found myself clapping for freo🤮 very odd the club still gets him to do certain things in the media department when he publicly states he doesn’t support the club.

It was all a bit cringe the start of the latest backchat episode hammer and Schofield stating there allegiances. Schofield : It’s weird I found myself clapping for freo🤮 very odd the club still gets him to do certain things in the media department when he publicly states he doesn’t support the club.
Im not as big of schoey fan as I was but tbf this is smart business for his pod/business by not outing himself as an out and out Eagles nuff.

When football is your profession, you might not view it the same way as a fan any more. He says he was a Geelong fan growing up but then playing for the Eagles meant they had to be his priority. I can understand him moving away from being a fan and just enjoying different teams each year based on circumstance, style, players etc.

For the past 28 years Karl Langdon has openly said he barracks for north Melbourne yet he still does the on field rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For the past 28 years Karl Langdon has openly said he barracks for north Melbourne yet he still does the on field rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Speaking of people who may have outlived their usefulness at the club….

A new game day announcer wouldn’t go astray

As for Schofield I don’t mind him and understand why it’s in his best interests to not be actively pro-eagles in the media but to willingly have him presenting club produced media is a tad irritating

I think the club is at the point where everyone is all in or not at all. By that I mean if your focus isn’t completely on improving the club in whatever capacity, small or large, you’re employed then do something elsewhere

Speaking of people who may have outlived their usefulness at the club….

A new game day announcer wouldn’t go astray

As for Schofield I don’t mind him and understand why it’s in his best interests to not be actively pro-eagles in the media but to willingly have him presenting club produced media is a tad irritating

I think the club is at the point where everyone is all in or not at all. By that I mean if your focus isn’t completely on improving the club in whatever capacity, small or large, you’re employed then do something elsewhere
I dont mind having someone external presenting the segment he does. I know he's not going to slam the club on the clubs own channels, but it's still less fluffy and 'everything is fine' than if it was all done internally imo

I dont mind having someone external presenting the segment he does. I know he's not going to slam the club on the clubs own channels, but it's still less fluffy and 'everything is fine' than if it was all done internally imo
Exactly. Wasn’t his segment originally or something similar done by Gossage? Honestly think Schoey is an upgrade on that.

I do find the GWS barracking and etc quite odd and a times annoying but I do feel he’s trying (and probably reached it) to attract all footy fans.

Yeah I agree to an extent - remember the "you can't go too far the other way" mouth pieces - was it Bandy and some other neutered pleb?

Anyway somewhere in-between on the scale of those 2 and Schofield would be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back