Senior List
Aug 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Catters!
Hi all,

Figured I would get the ball rolling with keeping tabs on the Cats' membership tally.... :)

With all the talk of Hawthorns record, does anyone know the Cats current membership tally? I can't find it on the site or in their emails... :(

I heard on a K-rock news update on Wednesday morning that our tally was just under 18,000 at the close of business last week!

I'll be dirty if our membership tally doesn't exceed last year. I bought a membership for my 6 week old daughter. Only $30 odd bucks. It all adds up.

Less seats due to new stand being built, GF loss last year, financial 'crises' and no seat change requests could mean less this year i reckon....hopefully not though

I will be gobsmacked if we increase our tally in 2009 given the factors outlined above. The Skilled redevelopment is a big factor - a friend of mine was planning on becoming a first time member with a reserved seat but since he found out no new seat applications were being taken he's lost enthusiasm for signing up.

I reckon we'll end up with a tad over 30,000 - 32,000-33,000 is my prediction. Still a very healthy total which will put up us there with the bigger Victorian clubs.

Ill be buyin one this year. Been slack last cpl years but this year yep, absolutely. Interstate memberships are only bout a hundred so ill get one an try an get a mate to sign up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back