Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees was impressive on 360 las night talking about current issues in the game.

Interesting to hear Archie also saying no matter who they play always prepared and able to break down opposition strength and weaknesses as other players have also stated. But stated in a way that made to you feel wasn’t always the case with other past coaches

Gees was impressive on 360 las night talking about current issues in the game.

Interesting to hear Archie also saying no matter who they play always prepared and able to break down opposition strength and weaknesses as other players have also stated. But stated in a way that made to you feel wasn’t always the case with other past coaches

Starting to realize how much of a loss he would have been for AFL house.
He would have to be one of the best communicators in the game at the moment.

It was funny watching them listen to Scott talk and then throwing to Hinkley and him just deferring to whatever Ken (edit- Brad) said.

There is a fair few throwing their voices around at the moment about how AFL is not acting fast enough, if I was the coaches association id be leaning on Brad to be that vocal go between.

Last edited:

Starting to realize how much of a loss he would have been for AFL house.
He would have to be one of the best communicators in the game at the moment.

It was funny watching them listen to Scott talk and then throwing to Hinkley and him just deferring to whatever Ken said.

There is a fair few throwing their voices around at the moment about how AFL is not acting fast enough, if I was the coaches association id be leaning on Brad to be that vocal go between.
Deferring to what Brad said?

It's pretty much what most have already called for. If a player has prior opportunity and then gets tackled it should be HTB and if there is no prior opportunity it should be ball up. This is something everyone who understands the game would agree with. Scott just happened to be the first to answer it and there was no need for Ken to elaborate further.

I will go one more and say simplify the dangerous tackle rule. Reserve it for tackles that follow a slinging/suplex motion, which I think was the initial intention when it was first introduced.

Bringing someone to ground while stationary is rarely if at all sufficient to cause the kind of damage we're trying to protect against, otherwise we should then just change it to netball.

Last edited:
Can't put my finger on it but I think we are getting short changed in Scott media pressers because he keeps reverting back to his AFL hat, it's mostly stopping him from commenting on bad umpiring, because he apparently knows how hard it is, it's stopping us from contesting MRP findings because he knows how the rules work from the inside. I'd just prefer he keep his Essendon hat on and go into bat for us with a one perocial eye like other bosses get to

He has a challenge on his hands to get them back up.

I don’t think we’ve got many that are playing very poorly (if any at all) but there were a few that were absolutely killing it a month ago that have tapered a little, and it’s beginning to bite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a challenge on his hands to get them back up.

I don’t think we’ve got many that are playing very poorly (if any at all) but there were a few that were absolutely killing it a month ago that have tapered a little, and it’s beginning to bite.
We are at the point of the year where the opposition knows a few of our tricks so the clamps get put on them . Time to look a little outside the box .

We are at the point of the year where the opposition knows a few of our tricks so the clamps get put on them . Time to look a little outside the box .
I think this is a big part of it, along with being halfway through the season and a lot of blokes needing a break.

I reckon early on in the season we got the jump on a few sides who were expecting Essington to show up and now that we're at the pointy end of the ladder there's been a lot of coaches realising they actually have to put a bit of work into us.

Certainly seems like work has been put into Langford.
I think teams have just figured out that playing a genuine big key defender on Langford is a better way to go. He might be too quick for them or beat them at ground level, but even though he's a good contested mark for his size, guys like Taylor or Collins aren't going to lose aerial one-on-ones against him.

Having said that, Langford spilt some marks against North that he would normally have taken, and we botched a couple of simple kicks to him on the lead last week that should have given him good shots (Durham had a bad one of these).

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back