Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow has the EFC finally done something right for a change! There was a process and the process wasn't undermind by the faceless coetirie groups this club is dictated by. I say it would come out more that yesterday wasn't Brad's first interview there was others. There was no leaks to the media. Dave wanted an experienced coach and he got it. I would say HQ is getting their sh#t in order now it is up to our players for way to long they have escaped serious scrutiny, I'm expecting a huge pre-season!

All the best Brad and what ever team he assembles please make this club great again!

The facts are there was a process this time and few to any leaks.
we now need a detailed response to our review, a new list manager, ceo, a successful trade period and a new captain.
seriously Joel selwood retires and Dyson Heppell plays on.
that tells you all you need to know.
‘hopefully Scott brings integrity to team selection in 2023.

IF ...

the Bombers, without doubt, got the right man in Brad Scott as their new coach, and he is a genuinely inspired choice to take this club forward ...

THEN ...

it will nevertheless rightly raise the eyebrows of those who missed out. Hird, Yze, Lade, Solomon, probably others, were nicely played by the Bombers, in yet another example of a club using a coach search "process" as a smokescreen.

Love Barrett, never misses and opportunity to sink his child size boots in

Wow has the EFC finally done something right for a change! There was a process and the process wasn't undermind by the faceless coetirie groups this club is dictated by. I say it would come out more that yesterday wasn't Brad's first interview there was others. There was no leaks to the media. Dave wanted an experienced coach and he got it. I would say HQ is getting their sh#t in order now it is up to our players for way to long they have escaped serious scrutiny, I'm expecting a huge pre-season!

All the best Brad and what ever team he assembles please make this club great again!
Wait. Wasn't undermined by coterie groups? Dave wanted an experienced coach and he got it?
Okay, these are facts. Are you Dave?

Regarding the leaks, it wouldn't surprise me if they resurface when the external review is over. At the moment it's probably too hot. No one wants to be found out. So, running the panel at the same time as the external review could well be a stroke of genius from Barham.

Nah, probs not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when does he officially start - is it too late to quickly apply to him for a couple of priority picks?

Can you rephrase that question as a Pulp Fiction reference? I haven't had coffee yet and ghostdog has my brain thinking of tasty burgers and wallets with BMF.

I think Scott will be a good fit for the club.
He's got 10 years experience as a senior coach, and won just over half the 211 games he coached with a 50.2% win rate at North.
I also feel like we are in a similar spot list wise to what North was when he was coaching them - we've got a few top line players in Merrett, Parish, McGrath & Stringer, and others like Redman, Draper & 2MP who are on an upward trajectory.
When Scott was coaching North between 2010 - 2010 they weren't completely rubbish either - they had: Dal Santo, Harvey, Wells, Ben Brown, Goldstein, Cunnington, Petrie & the enigmatic Jarrad Waite...
If we can clean out some of the dead wood over coming years and have us in a position to win a final by 2024 who knows what is possible...
As we have seen with Collingwood this year things can turn around pretty quickly - and if we can pick up some decent players in the next couple of years and continue to develop some young talent we may all be a lot happier and enjoying our footy again soon!

Can you rephrase that question as a Pulp Fiction reference? I haven't had coffee yet and ghostdog has my brain thinking of tasty burgers and wallets with BMF.
english mother****er. do you read it?

When Barham said he wanted to know what successful clubs like Geelong were doing, he wasn't kidding!

Also, I hope he used his last few weeks rigging himself up a generous fixture.
There are strict parameters in terms of fixturing. Best we can get is 3 double ups against bottom 6 sides, 2 for middle 6 and only 5 trips interstate

There are strict parameters in terms of fixturing. Best we can get is 3 double ups against bottom 6 sides, 2 for middle 6 and only 5 trips interstate
Plus the club puts in requests and I’m pretty sure it’s not the gm footy ops that does fixtures anyway? Isn’t that auld?

Plus the club puts in requests and I’m pretty sure it’s not the gm footy ops that does fixtures anyway? Isn’t that auld?
Yes, I'm sure Stopher was being serious guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back