Prediction MFC 2024 Time Capsule – Yikes

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really the Melbourne thing

Don’t get confident, we will **** it up…

I swear the only way I can hope for this club to become a consistent and capable performer in the Geelong manner is to first be strangled and then laid out in a lead lined coffin, buried thousands of feet under the ocean.

Basically a PG and a good Melbourne can’t exist together
People want us to be consistent challengers like Geelong and Sydney but for as good a run clubs as they are you can't just ignore the advantages they have to do that, every time in the last decade Geelong have looked like dropping off they've had a bloke request to go home to them or developed some third rounder into a good player due to the program they have. Swans similar in that they can always fill their best 22 out with good academy kids that they know in advance where they will play and can trade or draft based on knowing what positions are already filled. We have to be more like hawthorn, accept it's over and rebuild.

People want us to be consistent challengers like Geelong and Sydney but for as good a run clubs as they are you can't just ignore the advantages they have to do that, every time in the last decade Geelong have looked like dropping off they've had a bloke request to go home to them or developed some third rounder into a good player due to the program they have. Swans similar in that they can always fill their best 22 out with good academy kids that they know in advance where they will play and can trade or draft based on knowing what positions are already filled. We have to be more like hawthorn, accept it's over and rebuild.
Yep.

We have no point of difference to offer - Cats do, and Swans plug their holes with the academy system.

It’s why I am pissed off with the waste of the past few years. We won a flag and instantly seemed to think we were set up for decades. We weren’t and we are not getting any closer. Goodwin should have just let the list loose in 2022 to get hungry and see what they could do. Crash through or crash out sort of thing. Then we have a slim chance of seeing 2 flags in a lifetime. Ah well

Yep.

We have no point of difference to offer - Cats do, and Swans plug their holes with the academy system.

It’s why I am pissed off with the waste of the past few years. We won a flag and instantly seemed to think we were set up for decades. We weren’t and we are not getting any closer. Goodwin should have just let the list loose in 2022 to get hungry and see what they could do. Crash through or crash out sort of thing. Then we have a slim chance of seeing 2 flags in a lifetime. Ah well
I said it at the time, dynasty sides add pieces along the way in the flag years. We lost Luke Jackson, Hibberd, Jones, Jetta, Bedford, Harmes, Brayshaw all from around the team, Petty wanted to leave, ANB leaving, Oliver's discipline fell off a cliff. Brown should have retired, the best player at the club hates the club.

To win a GF by the margin we did and then fail to win a single final for the next 3 years and still have a club that thinks it's in contention next year is just great 👍

I said it at the time, dynasty sides add pieces along the way in the flag years. We lost Luke Jackson, Hibberd, Jones, Jetta, Bedford, Harmes, Brayshaw all from around the team, Petty wanted to leave, ANB leaving, Oliver's discipline fell off a cliff. Brown should have retired, the best player at the club hates the club.

To win a GF by the margin we did and then fail to win a single final for the next 3 years and still have a club that thinks it's in contention next year is just great 👍
Correct. We are great and manage everything great and it’s great.

Seriously we are such a basket case. Forget anything else, how can I go from being so thrilled in 2021 to being so depressed in 2024? I don’t think we have played a single game after 2021 that persuaded me that we were still that killer team.

I don’t mind being crap. I’m used to it. I just wish we had a management that would make the best of it. Like Hawks 2024. We are nowhere near close because we haven’t let go.

6-8
16-9
11-12

33-29 is our record including finals since the 10-0 start in 22'

We are a complete and utter middle of the road team that is still convinced we were just some bad luck away from a flag despite clearly being the worst team in the top 4 in both 22 and 23

Where was old mate who supports the Saints that tried telling me Sparrow had enormous upside prior to the season? Even came back to flex at me after the practice match vs Carlton. How did that work out champ?

Where was old mate who supports the Saints that tried telling me Sparrow had enormous upside prior to the season? Even came back to flex at me after the practice match vs Carlton. How did that work out champ?
Um… you just champed someone who a) you can’t remember their name and b) isn’t here

Ladder position - 6th
If playing finals - Semis
B&F - Viney
AA - Viney
Most improved - Bowey
Gone backwards - Fritsch (basing purely on accuracy, if he has the yipps this year, that's a down on him)

I also reckon we'll play the saints in an elim

Ladder position - 6th (OOPS, predicted the slide just not the right amount of slide)
If playing finals - semis (OOPS)
B&F - Viney (OOPS but you never know with Goodwin)
AA - Viney (OOPS)
Most improved - Bowey (OOPS, this one didn't take long to go off the rails)
Gone backwards - Fritsch (ehhhhhh, a little)

I also reckon we'll play the saints in an elim (OOPS and OOPS)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction MFC 2024 Time Capsule – Yikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back