Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does it state that he wants to go for more opportunities?

If he can't get a game with the bottom team then he's not worth much. 3rd rounder thanks champ
If he stayed, he would play.
Anyone saying this guy isn't a starting 18 player knows nothing of his talent

I imagine he is leaving for more cash rather than opportunity.
While it would be great to keep him, we have depth.

Second rounder is bottom end of his value.
I'd ideally like a late 1st

I am pretty sure it will be Hibberd for pick 26. It's slight unders but we owe them a solid for Melksham. It will probably be done in the first hours of the trade period. If not, the outcome will remain the same but may involve another club

I'm well thanks. You?

I have no doubt it will get done early. No reason why not

All good buddy, not sure we will get it done toooooo early.

Think you blokes are angling for our first pick in the draft ( pick 26 ish ) , not sure we are in a position to give that up quickly this year.

But we rate Hibberd and sure we will try to make the journey a smooth as possible for all. What will be will be ... I have the utmost trust in our recruiting staff to get a amicable deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be shocked if the Dons played their usual hardball on this one. It'll be an incredibly bad look if they do. I wouldn't expect much compensation if I was an Essendon supporter.
1) who cares.
2) we'll get his value. Pick 26 is about right, unless there is a player who may be up for a move
3) who cares.
the bad look would be rather low on Dodoro's list of concerns.
Far worse that he not do his job with the best interests of the club in mind

Chris Dawes and a 3rd Rounder then everyone wins?

Essendon need the tall forward and Dawes is more than likely to be moved on regardless
I agree with second paragraph except Dawes. With Hartley being a solid addition, I'd prefer to play either Hooker or Hurley forward until the right tall forward comes along.

He is also on record saying that if a deal can't be done he would stay at Essendon until his contract expires.
Personally now he has declared he wants out lets get the deal done and move on, pick 26 is fine.

Hibberd walks into our best side. He walks into Melbourne's best side. Pick 26 will be lucky to become an AFL player.

1) who cares.
2) we'll get his value. Pick 26 is about right, unless there is a player who may be up for a move
3) who cares.
the bad look would be rather low on Dodoro's list of concerns.
Far worse that he not do his job with the best interests of the club in mind

Are you suggesting that marketing isn't an important aspect of a footy club's operations? Membership numbers are down and will remain down if the club takes a who cares approach.

The club would be crazy to play hardball in negotiations on this one. But then when you look at the way this has been handled...

Are you suggesting that marketing isn't an important aspect of a footy club's operations? Membership numbers are down and will remain down if the club takes a who cares approach.

The club would be crazy to play hardball in negotiations on this one. But then when you look at the way this has been handled...

You are absolutely kidding yourself if you think that the club refusing to bend over at the trade table will lead to a reduction in membership numbers. Clearly you have little understanding as to where the supporter sentiment currently sits at Essendon. We don't give a shit what you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back