Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon are in a very strong position in this draft - to pick up the pieces of a "failed" trade by leveraging their 1st pick in the PSD & if they are prepared to trade pick 1 for two later 1st rounder. GWS or GC will make some sort of offer ... bank on it.

Demons are not in a position to give up their best pick in this draft quickly. Just cant see how the Demons will be a big player in this trade period, ( unless Hogan 100% won't commit)

There are going to be some very tricky deals to land ie Prestia, JOM, Mitchell, Marchbank, Steele .... if both clubs work together both could come out as a win win proposition.

Both clubs could easily stand to benefit if they hold their gunpowder till the "Big Deals" do or dont go down .... work together for the benefit of both parties.

This should be the first trade done on the first day of the trade period. Slight unders but we probably owe the Dees for them paying overs for Melksham last year.

Do it and move on

This should be the first trade done on the first day of the trade period. Slight unders but we probably owe the Dees for them paying overs for Melksham last year.

Do it and move on

Lets see ... the big players in the trade period will be GWS, Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Richmond.

... but they dont understand what other teams are trying to do. They are some tricky trades this year ... Pick 1 is up for negotiations.

Still trying to stir the pot if you think it shouldn't be the first trade done.

The Demons have no bearing on what happens with pick 26 so no need to drag it into it.

Still trying to stir the pot if you think it shouldn't be the first trade done.

The Demons have no bearing on what happens with pick 26 so no need to drag it into it.

Nah ... MFC hold the pick, they might need that pick to improve their position in the draft. You dont give away your best asset lightly.

Essendon have to resolve what they are doing with pick 1 ... after that other deals come into play.

Nah ... MFC hold the pick, they might need that pick to improve their position in the draft. You dont give away your best asset lightly.

Essendon have to resolve what they are doing with pick 1 ... after that other deals come into play.

Hibberd has said he will stay if a deal doesn't occur. Which puts it back into the Dons favour.

If anything, adding an extra bargaining chip into the equation for the pick 1 (possible) trade will only be beneficial for the Bombers.

Because staying at Essendon would be bad :rolleyes:

No .... because a deal could not be reached. :rolleyes:

A deal will be done, just not as easy as some are saying. Its in both Bombers and MFC interests to wait ... MFC and Essendon can work together to benefit both parties.

Some people have the ability to support the past and the present.

Last edited:
No .... because a deal could not be reached. :rolleyes:

A deal will be done, just not as easy as some are saying. Its in both Bombers and MFC interests to wait ... MFC and Essendon can work together to benefit both parties.

Some people have the ability to support the past and the present.

Your'e doing it again..

Saying lots without adding anything. Stiring the pot without attacking anything.

Dr Whooooooo for POTY!!

But no, seriously.

Give me an example for both parties as to waiting would benefit each club?

(this will be interesting)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne and Salem have reportably began negotiations on a contract extension so I'd doubt he will be part of any trade.
Shocked to be sitting here.

Geez I didnt know you cared .... :rolleyes:

As I said weeks ago, Melbourne are not going to be very active in the trade period but expect them to be looking for pick upgrades.

The big players in this trade period will be GWS, GC, Hawks & Tigers.

If the MFC are going to give up their best pick in this draft for Hibberd they will expect something back.

Ultimtely our goal is to get back into the first round but that is easier said than done.

Geez I didnt know you cared .... :rolleyes:

As I said weeks ago, Melbourne are not going to be very active in the trade period but expect them to be looking for pick upgrades.

The big players in this trade period will be GWS, GC, Hawks & Tigers.

If the MFC are going to give up their best pick in this draft for Hibberd they will expect something back.

Ultimtely our goal is to get back into the first round but that is easier said than done.

You changing teams again?

Melbourne have a quality player who wants to join them and you think they want to upgrade picks? Just sprouting speculation and your own opinion as fact.

I am dealing in facts here. Just because Melbourne arent a major player in trade week doesnt mean they cant do this trade easily enough.

If anything it is unders for Hibberd but they did us a solid with Melksham last year, we'll return the favour by taking unders for Hibberd this year.

Just because Melbourne arent a major player in trade week doesnt mean they cant do this trade easily enough.

You miss the point ... yes ... Melbourne can do the trade easily.

However, when you are not going to be active you need to achieve your goals via less trades.

1) Melbourne has no round 1 pick
2) Melbourne wants a player that's worth slightly more than our best pick (second round), and the club we're bargaining with is nice enough to let it happen that way.
3) We would love to magically turn our junk lower picks into a magical high picks
4) We don't want to trade out any young talent that would attract highish picks, only excess (ANB, Grimes, Dawes ect ect).

So whilst i can see melbourne would love to do all this, it ain't going to happen. because 3 3rd rounders + steak knives isn't going to get us into the first round.

No

We rate him higher than you do... ;)

Last time we clashed you were a Dogs fan, were you not? Now with the GWS badge on you are trying to speak in the third person as aDemons supporter.

Make up your mind will ya

If you rate him so highly then we can all agree that a deal will get done swiftly then.

You miss the point ... yes ... Melbourne can do the trade easily.

However, when you are not going to be active you need to achieve your goals via less trades.

So cut out the middle man and do the trade directly then?

A quality player for peanuts is what you are going after. Sounds pretty straight forward t me and I assume many other Essendon (and Melbourne supporters fwiw).

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back