Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people heading up this public relations push against Woodside are the ones who couldn't beat them in the court over Scarborough going ahead and now wish to take it to the court of public opinion instead.

Again, raise the money to replace Woodside and it's no longer an issue. Everyone gets what they want, except Woodside.
This is like saying you can only have an opinion/complain about any aspect of the Fremantle Dockers if you are willing to go and create your own AFL club.

christ so bizzare to see people here going out to bat for massive corporations over some people who are interested in protecting the future of the planet?

never understood why people get so upset at activists, like the group who threw some s*t at a painting, everyone was absolutely fuming at that but hardly give a piss about some corporations ****** the world beyond repair or having politicians in their pocket

Set up the gofundme to replace the sponsors and everyone gets what they want.

Wanting to get what you want but someone else paying the cost for it isn't fair, it's pretty dangerous.

Current AFL club top tier sponsors:
  • Adelaide: Toyota.
  • Brisbane: XL Express, Youi.
  • Carlton: Hyundai, Great Southern Bank.
  • Collingwood: Emirates, KFC, Nike, La Trobe Financial.
  • Essendon: Fujitsu, Amart Furniture.
  • Fremantle: Programmed, Woodside.
  • Geelong: Ford.
  • Gold Coast: Hostplus.
  • GWS: Toyo Tires.
  • Hawthorn: State of Tasmania.
  • Melbourne: Zurich, Jaguar.
  • North Melbourne: Mazda.
  • Port Adelaide: MG, KFC, GFG.
  • Richmond: nib, Latitude.
  • St. Kilda: Pepper Money, Webcentral.
  • Sydney: QBE.
  • West Coast: Hungry Jack's, Lendi.
  • Western Bulldogs: Mission Foods.

Clearly we need to eye off a fast food company, bank, or car manufacturer.

I reckon we should try swing FIAT. Keeps up with the working-class Italian roots of the area

This is like saying you can only have an opinion/complain about any aspect of the Fremantle Dockers if you are willing to go and create your own AFL club.

It's actually saying that the means are in place for people to achieve exactly what they want, pooling the resources of like minded people the world over, if only they sought to do so.

Choosing not to do that and instead trying to leverage public opinion to get what you want, and for someone else to pay the price for it, isn't discussing the issue in good faith.

There's enough money for environmental stuff the world over to turn Freo into a powerhouse of eco and indigenous wins. But it's easier to click like.

It's actually saying that the means are in place for people to achieve exactly what they want, pooling the resources of like minded people the world over, if only they sought to do so.

Choosing not to do that and instead trying to leverage public opinion to get what you want, and for someone else to pay the price for it, isn't discussing the issue in good faith.

There's enough money for environmental stuff the world over to turn Freo into a powerhouse of eco and indigenous wins. But it's easier to click like.
It may be convenient to over simplify it for the sake of an online argument but I suspect all semi-intelligent people know it is a lot more complex than that people could just create their own better version of something.

Activism also isn't black and white but it is convenient for the media to portray it that way because "grey" is harder to consume.

Nothing wrong with a group of people wanting Freo to seek more appropriate sponsors (from their pov). The goal is for the club to respond by trying to do better if they can. Just like members complaining about their membership packs, seating prices etc.

I should be able to provide feedback to the club without them then expecting me to provide my own better version of membership packs or whatever.

christ so bizzare to see people here going out to bat for massive corporations over some people who are interested in protecting the future of the planet?

never understood why people get so upset at activists, like the group who threw some s*t at a painting, everyone was absolutely fuming at that but hardly give a piss about some corporations ****** the world beyond repair or having politicians in their pocket
The massive corporations that provide power that phones and computers use? Those ones?

It may be convenient to over simplify it for the sake of an online argument but I suspect all semi-intelligent people know it is a lot more complex than that people could just create their own better version of something.

Activism also isn't black and white but it is convenient for the media to portray it that way because "grey" is harder to consume.

Nothing wrong with a group of people wanting Freo to seek more appropriate sponsors (from their pov). The goal is for the club to respond by trying to do better if they can. Just like members complaining about their membership packs, seating prices etc.

I should be able to provide feedback to the club without them then expecting me to provide my own better version of membership packs or whatever.

I see it the exact same way I see most environmental political movements. All dream, no substance, someone else gets the bill.

This is very, very simple. The group who were challenging Woodside in the courts over expanding their fields are now trying to hit them somewhere else after losing, but lying to people by omitting that to achieve their goal of giving Woodside a black eye.

How much did they spend on court cases? I'd sure hope it wasn't close to the amount Woodside spends sponsoring Freo or it would look even more two faced.

Again, it's very simple.

The result wanted is Woodside not sponsoring Freo. That's a simple financial exercise. Activists are motivated people. Campaign to raise the money to replace them.

I see it the exact same way I see most environmental political movements. All dream, no substance, someone else gets the bill.

This is very, very simple. The group who were challenging Woodside in the courts over expanding their fields are now trying to hit them somewhere else after losing, but lying to people by omitting that to achieve their goal of giving Woodside a black eye.

How much did they spend on court cases? I'd sure hope it wasn't close to the amount Woodside spends sponsoring Freo or it would look even more two faced.

Again, it's very simple.

The result wanted is Woodside not sponsoring Freo. That's a simple financial exercise. Activists are motivated people. Campaign to raise the money to replace them.
Yep I get it. You disagree with them. Those big meanies picking on little 'ol Woodside.

Yep I get it. You disagree with them. Those big meanies picking on little 'ol Woodside.
Maybe wce supporters base is different but I guarantee you ask your members the wouldn't be disgusted by severing ties. Working class people work at miners and gas companies.

Also it's not hard to defend them. Talk about how they pay their employees and graduates the most. It's a labor position and how they don't exploit their employees. Imagine picking another sponser who is ripping off there employees.

So I ask you why do you hate employees getting paid good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm presenting a plan that gets Woodside off Fremantle in a way that leads to a massive Fremantle win.

Do you not think people care enough about it outside of twitter and clicking like to find the cash to replace them?

I
I'm presenting a plan that gets Woodside off Fremantle in a way that leads to a massive Fremantle win.

Do you not think people care enough about it outside of twitter and clicking like to find the cash to replace them?
Does this belong in the political thread ?
It's not like anybody is going to change another's mind 😅

Maybe wce supporters base is different but I guarantee you ask your members the wouldn't be disgusted by severing ties. Working class people work at miners and gas companies.

Also it's not hard to defend them. Talk about how they pay their employees and graduates the most. It's a labor position and how they don't exploit their employees. Imagine picking another sponser who is ripping off there employees.

So I ask you why do you hate employees getting paid good?
lol. I don't hate Woodside. I've even done work for them before. My issue is that members should be able to have an opinion about who our sponsors are. Their opinions shouldn't be belittled by those who disagree with them. There are probably a heap of members who'd rather Woodside wasn't a sponsor, there's probably another large group who wouldn't give a shit if they were replaced by another company who gave the same, there's probably another large group who don't care at all, and a myriad of other opinions as well. All different opinions. All valid opinions that should be weighed against each other.

If Freo see enough members wanting to see change, they'll seek the change. Who knows whether it will happen or not? One thing for sure, if members don't speak their mind then it is almost certain nothing will change.

Set up the gofundme to replace the sponsors and everyone gets what they want.

Wanting to get what you want but someone else paying the cost for it isn't fair, it's pretty dangerous.
we are the ones paying for all the damage these corporations do, not to mention subsidies/tax evasion they take from us, but please do continue advocating for a multi billion dollar corporation on big footy

The massive corporations that provide power that phones and computers use? Those ones?
its entirely possible we could have and would have already transitioned into renewables if it werent for the massive amount of influence, power and money these bludgers have, good argument

id rather lose phones and power than suffer through what we are on course for, these companies dont give a **** about you, why are you playing defence for them?

its entirely possible we could have and would have already transitioned into renewables if it werent for the massive amount of influence, power and money these bludgers have, good argument

id rather lose phones and power than suffer through what we are on course for, these companies dont give a * about you, why are you playing defence for them?

Breaking news: Multinational companies dont care about arguements on loval footy forum. More to come tonight at 5.

we are the ones paying for all the damage these corporations do, not to mention subsidies/tax evasion they take from us, but please do continue advocating for a multi billion dollar corporation on big footy

Everyone with eyes has seen me advocating for a widespread fund raising campaign to remove Woodside.

This is getting very grubby because the group pushing this lost to Woodside in court and now are gossiping to get the school to hate them over it.

Then someone like me, who is a solutions focused person, offers a solution that doesn't lead to Fremantle having to wear the cost of this group's revenge, and I'm accused of supporting Woodside.

So let's just see it all for what it is.

id rather lose phones and power than suffer through what we are on course for, these companies dont give a * about you, why are you playing defence for them?
These companies know their public perception is horrible so they go out of their way to pay their employees well.

You would be fine with another sponsor who is morally fit but treat employees like trash and pay them pennies wouldn't you? Slave trade or employee exploitation in the name of climate change is all good.

If I just have a little read from the nuclear and electromagnetic protocol plan book here...

Should there be a disruption of power in an advanced society (like Australia), they estimate 90% casualties within twelve months. So no power = 90% dead.
That is in the event of an EMP event that destroys the transformers, but the end result is the same.

Maybe Freo can be sponsored by a nuclear power plant company, zero emissions, fully reliable - 1000% rustled jimmies.

These companies know their public perception is horrible so they go out of their way to pay their employees well.

You would be fine with another sponsor who is morally fit but treat employees like trash and pay them pennies wouldn't you? Slave trade or employee exploitation in the name of climate change is all good.

Let's not forget that billionaire funding the Teals and green movements in Australia is spending Russian blood bucks to do it so if Atlassian take over sponsorship of Freo - that's what is funding that.

what a weird question, how are they morally fit if they treat employees trash and pay them pennies?? what

If I just have a little read from the nuclear and electromagnetic protocol plan book here...

Should there be a disruption of power in an advanced society (like Australia), they estimate 90% casualties within twelve months. So no power = 90% dead.
That is in the event of an EMP event that destroys the transformers, but the end result is the same.

Maybe Freo can be sponsored by a nuclear power plant company, zero emissions, fully reliable - 1000% rustled jimmies.
welp guess were all going to die either way so best get on with it, new sponsors include the deforestation of the amazon and the poachers of elephants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back